Reviews for To capture a fairy
coolcat12345 chapter 5 . 8/31/2014
Ron was right about Goyle being part know they are considered part of Faery, but not as powerful, be it magically,mantally or physically as Fair Ones/sidhe Luna is part is great.
karen chapter 5 . 11/13/2011
I love this story even it's short. Deliberately fairy-tale in length and tone. I love the earth interactions of the trolls and fairies. Almost Tolkeinesque in how easily you blend in the terms Old People and Fair People.
pamelawright chapter 5 . 10/17/2011
This is strange, and beautiful, and lovely.
MeldaTavar chapter 5 . 11/25/2010
beautiful. Great imagery. The internal struggle between two worlds was wonderfully done too.
Robin Hood chapter 5 . 4/6/2008
This is beautiful
nod chapter 5 . 10/28/2007

I have never read such a well done story about Goyle, those where he is only pretending to be stupid don't count.

You have a gift for telling the old tales in new settings. May I recommend reading up on the tales of my people. You might find them intreging and perhaps base a story from them.

I am Polish mostly although my grandmother was Romani. Those stories are a tad different from the Germanic ones you're used to. By Germanic I mean English, Irish, French, Italian, and German.
fairydustandcansofspam chapter 5 . 10/7/2007
Oh, nice.

That was really cute, actually. I liked it.

'Twas an interesting ship... I'd never seen it before :) You did very well on a ship that I would never have thought of.

Good job
Scratches chapter 5 . 9/16/2007
That was right amazing. Thank you :)
GuesssWho chapter 5 . 7/19/2007
I'd have chose the other, with no hesitation. What is humankind to me?
Dead-Luthien chapter 5 . 6/7/2007
Another excelent story...really now, why don't you start writting you own book...
laren chapter 5 . 5/26/2007
I like it. The idea that Goyle is secretly a troll to Luna's fairie. It draws on their apparent personality & quirks.

I especially liked how he intereacted with the earth & the earthy metaphors/descriptions. The only thing is that it took a while to know what you meant by "old people." My first reaction was to think of druids.
fledge chapter 5 . 5/26/2007
Well, I suppose everybody has to make a choice similar to that some time or other - a choice between the real world and Faerie; and probably the "right" choice is the one Greg makes here... A rite of passage, in someways, see C.G. Jung.

An absolutely amazing story, in all.

"Justice for Crabbe and Goyle!"
fledge chapter 4 . 5/26/2007
An interesting system of what is obviously to be more and more powerful folloers of the Dark Lord, with the perfect anti-climax of Crabbe, alone and wandless.

I know about mock-turtles, but mock-wolves?
fledge chapter 3 . 5/26/2007
A beautiful mini-chapter. Very lyrical, and the chiasmic sentence structure is quite ingenuous. Of course it can't last, otherwise this would be the last chapter...
fledge chapter 2 . 5/26/2007
Your Luna is amazing as always. And it's fascinating how Goyle, the more he becomes one of the Old People, also becomes more HUMAN... And then stunning his father! You never cease to surprise your reader!

A few teacher's notes, this time:

A beach is the edge of the sea, a brook has banks

undergrowth, not -vegetation

dreamily, not dreamingly

futile is the adjective, the noun that you need is futility

bars form a cage, hence barred - when you show your teeth they are bared