Reviews for Choices
Luna Lillyth chapter 1 . 10/3/2016
Wonderful story. I think your use of Jesus was well done.
PoG97 chapter 1 . 4/11/2015
This is a good piece. You don't see a whole lot of these stories on fanfiction. Love it. :D
Kimnd chapter 1 . 10/23/2013
This story is really beautiful. It's interesting making a story in a world with so little hope- you really have the potential to make a point about hope and beauty in a world that seems to be devoid of it, which you executed wonderfully.
It's actually established cannon that Zim is a defective Irken, which is kinda implied in the way that he just ignores his PAK's programmed position for him to be an invader. I would have examined Zim's coming into his own about individuality more from the angle that he had always felt a peer pressure-type of obligation to do things, and that he'd only really considered doing other positions in Irken society in passing, similar to how we all think "how would everybody act if I died?". But that's just me, and I liked how you examined it. This was far more powerful than my examination would've been, because... Of reasons. Oh shit I really need to get to work, it's past midnight! Good god. *cough*
Anyway, I think the fact it was an image of Jesus made the story far more believable. After all, Zim and Dib's is hardly a liberal skool where they would be posed challenging, compelling question. That and the teacher is evil and everybody is so stupid they can't tell Zim's an alien. The crucifixion, however, is a common enough image that it's not difficult to believe at all that Zim happened upon such a profound image by accident. I actually remember the first time I saw a Crucifix was the first day at my new (Catholic) school in third grade. At the end of the day, when my mom came to pick me up, I had to drag her over to one to ask in an embarrassedly confused whisper; "Mom, what are these things? They're /everywhere/!" Years of seeing the Stations of the Cross preformed by mostly apathetic (and occasionally enthusiastic but shittily) schoolchildren has somewhat dulled the impact of the scene for me, not to mention the fact that I have little investment in any particular religion.
But about your story- it follows all my criteria for being "great"- it goes beyond executing something very common, like a "Dib and Zim bond and subsequently hook up over Zim's existential crisis" (which could've worked, but it would have lessened the message of it being INDIviduality) well or having a good idea with poor execution (see above). You made something different that also managed to be well-written. Thank you. I really wish I could favorite this more than once somehow, but alas.
KellytheWarriorMaiden chapter 1 . 3/19/2013
This was beautiful :) I love the part where Dib told Zim that Jesus is alive and he resurrected into heaven. I thought that was very sweet. Thank you for writing this Elie Rou :) God bless

"For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit" -1 Peter 3:18
Guest chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
Me: " Heh.. J-J-J, what!? Since when did Zim gawk at awesomeness like that!? Good for him. TROLL! Heheh, yo, well! I can't help but feel like Dib'll miss Zim, I mean, he asked if he was coming back, why not? Just sayin'..."
AEDReaper chapter 1 . 3/29/2012
Fascinating. Very well-done!
half-breedMirage chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
This is a rare piece. I like it. It's very deep (forgive the corniness of that). The calmness of this left me feeling very docile and content. Good work.
Arcy911913 chapter 1 . 2/6/2010
That was o inspiring!
Maran Zelde chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
This was moving. Don't worry, I didn't think you were comparing Zim to Jesus. I got that Zim was moved by his suffering.

"Why would any creature want to end their life." That's a funny thing for a person with a self-destruct button to think. Just sayin.' Other than that it was a great fic.

Oh, and I couldn't disagree with Invader Sideous's comment about Communism more. I sure hope teachers still make kids read Animal Farm, 1984 and Brave New World.
Goblin Witch chapter 1 . 4/24/2009
Negative -

One thing, and one thing ONLY: I honestly don't think Dib's that much of a snob. But that's just me. Again, just an annoying personal opinion. Pay it no mind whatsoever.

Positive-

Wow. Very, very nicely written, my friend. I'm a Christian (or, at least, trying to be) and I honestly didn't find this offensive or anything negative in the least. Nor did I believe you were comparing the two.

I thought it was a very introspective, soothing story that had some definate meaning, and a very calm feel. Left me a little breathless. By _FAR_ the deepest, best IZ story I've ever read, and certainly not at all like I was expecting.. at all. Particularly for this fandom, for some reason.

I thought this was fantastic. Well done indeed. Oh, and great choice of art works!

~RH
Ms. Informed chapter 1 . 5/25/2008

tHIS WAS A VERY POWERFUL PEICE WITH A GOOD MESSAGE WHILE STILL INCORPERATING SOME OF THE SHOWS ORIGINAL COMEDY AT THE SAME TIME. VERY WELL DONE.
Muria chapter 1 . 5/15/2008
You handled that very tactfully. Your references to Jesus were tasteful and symbolic. I'm a Christian, so I do believe in Him, but I see what you did as a rather meaningful and completely harmless symbol.

Going on, I like what you did with Zim. Having him changed by the concept of individuality through art is a very unique and believable idea. If Zim ever noticed it in the show, it might have had an effect on him.

Your Dib and Tallest were very nice. All around, your characterization was very believable and fairly in-character.
Slurpee Monster chapter 1 . 12/16/2007
Sweet fic. I enjoyed reading it. ]

Also, I didn't find it insulting at the least. You wrote it in such a way that I thought you might have been Christian. Guess I was wrong though. Oh well. Zim's point of veiw was fantastic.
DTGC chapter 1 . 10/7/2007
oh wow...

I'm speechless.
Dlbn chapter 1 . 7/19/2007
I didn't think you were comparing Zim to Jesus...That was a good story. The tallest were freaked! LOLZ. I love it!

_