Reviews for Further Impressions
Deandra chapter 10 . 1/20/2008
Lovely - I can almost feel the crisp air and smell the smoke of wood burning in fireplaces!

Do commas count in drabble numbers? If not, probably should add one to this: Cold nights could be spent by a warm fire with his wife and children and the cheerful company of good friends. (probably after children)

Gee, you took us from spring/summer into autumn. Is winter next? As it is a bit nippy outside just now, I'm not sure if I'm hoping the answer is yes or no! And you have had snowy scenes previously, that just seems the next in the progression (if you continue this pattern).

JuliaAurelia chapter 9 . 1/20/2008
A very good drabble! I especially liked the imagery of the battlefields overgrown with beautiful plants.
Alcarin Elen chapter 9 . 1/20/2008
Now that was SO sweet! You are absolutely wonderful at expounding upon the relationships created by Tolkien!
Deandra chapter 9 . 1/19/2008
Maybe only three entries, but still quite good despite the lack of competition! Faramir is obviously a man content with his lot in life, and a very nice lot it is, based on your description!

Lovely!

Stoneage Woman chapter 9 . 1/19/2008
That was nice, very sweet. I liked the entire exchange. I wish it was longer though; but you know, me and drabbles...
Stoneage Woman chapter 8 . 10/15/2007
Nice, very descripive. It captures the atmosphere of hope following Sauron's defeat really well. Well done.
Deandra chapter 8 . 10/13/2007
I would imagine life would seem more vibrant after the darkness of Mordor, literally and figuratively. Well done!

Should this be "built" instead of "build"? It feels like a tense change: The birds flew from tree to tree, twittering joyfully as they build their nests.

demeter d chapter 6 . 9/12/2007
Isn't it when we are on the the wall with Beregond and Pippin, looking down on the Pellenor, that Beregond tells Pippin that Captain Faramir can tame both man and beast? Somehow, I do not think that such was ever said of his Lord Father. Faramir's gifts ran more quiet and deep. I liked that you had him just whisper to the poor beast.
demeter d chapter 7 . 9/12/2007
A lovely moment. Hmm, this one obviously happened before or after that knock-down drag-out scuffle you wrote for Eomer and Faramir during "Burden of Guilt"! So glad they made up after! As important as family was to the Rohirrim, and as happy as Eowyn was when Tolkien got done with her, anyway, I have always felt that Eomer must have come to hold Faramir in high regard.
Stoneage Woman chapter 7 . 9/10/2007
Lovely. It was a bit longer than your usual drabbles too- made all the difference. At least to me. Liked how Eomer encourages Faramir- unexpected, but a nice touch.
JuliaAurelia chapter 7 . 9/9/2007
Good one. I love how Eomer and Aragorn convinced Faramir that he had restored the honor of the House of Hurin.
Larner chapter 7 . 9/8/2007
Ah, wonderful that he has this reassurance that his house's honor is still shining!

Very nice, Linda!
Deandra chapter 7 . 9/7/2007
Lovely! So glad they united in persuading him that his honor stood!

JuliaAurelia chapter 6 . 9/1/2007
Very good drabble-I liked how Faramir was able to tame a horse that even Eomer had no luck with.
Stoneage Woman chapter 6 . 8/31/2007
It was nice, but slightly random. I wish you'd have written more. But then, it IS a drabble, and I ALWAYS find those too short, so don't take it personally. When are you updating A Time To Reap?
57 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »