Reviews for Further Impressions
Raksha The Demon chapter 6 . 8/30/2007
Lovely portrait of Faramir as a horse whisperer - good to see that some fanfic writers remember his skill with critters.
Deandra chapter 6 . 8/30/2007
Nice little ficlet! Apparently much of fan fiction portrays Faramir as inept with horses, but Tolkien suggested otherwise, as you have duly noted. And likely it would have been a gap-bridging element for Eomer and Faramir, coming from such disparate backgrounds.

Well done!

Larner chapter 6 . 8/30/2007
Yes, how lovely, thinking of our Faramir at his greatest!
acacia59601 chapter 6 . 8/30/2007
HA! I'll bet Faramir never let's Eomir forget this little incident!
Stoneage Woman chapter 5 . 8/4/2007
Interesting, but I wish there'd been more about Aragorn's struggle with rejecting the Ring. The last couple of sentences were a bit abrupt. It's an interesting angle for a drabble, though.
Deandra chapter 5 . 8/3/2007
Nice look into Aragorn's thoughts at that moment of choice.

Larner chapter 5 . 8/3/2007
Ah, a perfect look at how the Ring would start out to try to claim Aragorn, Isildur's heir. Oh, yes, how well I can see this!
Larner chapter 4 . 8/3/2007
Am getting caught up over here. Yes, I can appreciate Arwen possibly thinking this. The end comes in this life; now she must learn to seek elsewhere for what she needs for fulfillment.
JuliaAurelia chapter 5 . 8/3/2007
Good drabble about how the Ring might have tried to work its wiles on Aragorn.
Raksha The Demon chapter 1 . 7/26/2007
I wonder how Gilraen's parents made out during her long absence from her people - did they know that she and Aragorn survived and thrived?

Nice drabble; the strength of the Dunedain women comes through nicely.
Raksha The Demon chapter 3 . 7/26/2007
I love Aragorn's recognition of Faramir's quality! And nice use of the line from HoME about love springing between Aragorn and Faramir.
Raksha The Demon chapter 4 . 7/26/2007
Sad and haunting. Too many of Tolkien's female characters suffered and faded after their men died. You bring out the sorrow that ultimately destroys Arwen...
Deandra chapter 4 . 7/25/2007
Very nice. I especially liked the closing line: "I am left but a walking shadow." And it seemed she was until she joined him shortly thereafter.

Allee1 chapter 4 . 7/25/2007
Linda, This drabble is beautiful and heart-wrenching.

"I feel half of my spirit departed with him. I am left but a walking shadow." What a sad, but beautiful, line. It perfectly sums up what Arwen must have felt.

Allee