Reviews for Confidential
Ana chapter 1 . 9/6/2007
I've just discovered your fics a few days ago and I've been reading your palex work. I have to say you're one of the writers whose work I've enjoyed the most.

One of those wonderful stories was sepia, which I just finished reading, and it's delightful to know you're planning to do something somewhat similar from Paige's POV.

I particularly liked how you've managed in such a short chapter to convey such depth and complexity to a character that's often underused or simplyfied. Granted, Paige as the popular girl/cheerleader with an almost perfect life... it's easy to see how someone could believe the surface is all there is to it, but I think it's always possible to go beyond that, with any character. It certainly makes for a much more interesting reading, which you alway s manage to provide.

I have to apologize for not reviewing earlier. I though one had to have an account. Actually, you've just managed to push me into getting one.

Well, I don't think I've anything that helpful to add, since I'm not a writer myself, but I will try to review as often as I can. It seems like a small way to repay you for your beautiful stories.
I need some help chapter 1 . 9/2/2007
This fiction is great, like every degrassi fiction you've put on this site. And I feel kind of bad, cause I'm not only writing this to give you credit (witch you really deserve), but also to ask for some help.

The thing is that there is an author "Doesn'tMeanMuch" which story "trying" I've read. It's really good, and I know that you agree, cause I've seen your review on it. And now the author is treathening to stop writing it, due to few reviews!

I understand that it's not so funny to write and don't get any reviews and I'd love to review it, but how on earth am I supposed to do that when only members can review? And I'm not a member.

I know this is completely not your business, and that you probably have much more important stuff to do, but it would be so nice of you if you asked "Doesn'tMeanMuch" to open the "review-thing" so that everybody can review. MORE reviews are promised if that happens!

/Thanks for helping, and if you don't have time to help, then thanks for all your great stories. And continue to write!

(and excuse my grammar and spelling, cause english is not my mothertongue)
sabbath purr chapter 1 . 8/9/2007
I've read this before but just haven't reviewed, because well, I usually can never think of anything to say since I'm always floored by your writings. *But* I'll try...

I think if I were to describe this in a single word it would be 'elegant.' That's just what floats into my head after reading it. There's just the right amount of angst in this as well. It's so very Paige and I think you've captured her character flawlessly. In the beginning Paige was so one-dimensional and you really didn't think there was much to her at all - except for her being a tyranical, snarky bitch but this piece shows just how much she's evolved and how she finally opened herself up to others, namely Alex and I think that's why I love this so much.

Of all the different perspectives of Paige that I've read from different authors, yours is the most honest and spot-on of any. I know you're still going through a block right now, but if you don't continue this, I think my heart will shatter and I'll cry an ocean. Yes, an ocean. And seeing as how doing that would cause complete and utter chaos, and probably land me in therapy you must keep going. How's that for a guilt-trip?
Rebellious Muppet chapter 1 . 7/22/2007
Goddamnit, I skipped over the part where it said this was spoiler-y. *kicks self* Oh well.

Anyway, this was awesome, as usual. :P I REALLY loved the characterization of Paige, especially since no one really writes in Paige's POV.
Aiedail01 chapter 1 . 7/15/2007
That was amazingly good. ]

I like that thing about her parents sending her to all that stuff and putting her under all that pressure.
Lady Chitose chapter 1 . 6/28/2007
I love how you showcased how loving someone can make them seem flawless, like how Alex sees Paige. In contrast, Paige sees herself as flawed. It's nice since even though she seems perfect that shows she's far from it, like all of us.

Please do continue with this.
Allison Lindsay chapter 1 . 6/18/2007
Damn, you're good. I'd describe this as short and sweet, but that's kind of cliche and doesn't quite do this justice. Nice characterization of Paige, the way you got inside her head and expressed what she was feeling. You're a very talented writer.

P.S. I adore your disclaimer.
Lambbaby chapter 1 . 6/10/2007
Palex is by far one of the best and maybe most realistic couples recently showcased on Degrassi. They're not perfect and that is the beauty of their relationship. They're flawed and broken and incredibly right for each other.

I'd like to think that this is how Paige sees herself, especially lately,with all the failing grades, panic attacks and girlfriend issues. She knows she's not perfect. That's good. No one is perfect.

And even though this is about Paige you give us a glimpse into Alex too. Alex, who with her bad home life sees all Paige is a perfect.

And I know this review is rambly and it makes no someone suggested I check out your work. I'm glad I did. I can relate to this. I can relate to Paige and those feelings of not being perfect,despite what others may say. This was good. Anything that I can relate to is good in my book.
dr.evil99 chapter 1 . 6/5/2007
Should you keep doing this? Oh, let me think a second...

The main thing that hits me with this one is...honesty. You're very upfront about being a Paige/Alex shipper, you've waved that flag proudly. And it's easy for shippers to idealize and sugarcoat their chosen pairing. And yet, in a few short, sparse paragraphs, you show us everything, how much being in love can elevate a us, and how much strain it can put on our psyches. It's a tough thing, whe you feel you have to live up to someone's expectations. In addition, your handling of the sexuality here is masterful, because it's not being used simply to titillate or to make a splash, but it actually serves the story itself. It's not taudry, or exploitationist, at all, but the passion helps drive home the emotions you're trying to convey. It's tasteful, and beautiful... I'm speechless, really. I, and many other authors out there, can learn a lot from how you do these things.

No clever comments, no silliness from me this time... I mean... I think this is the best of the your stories I've read yet. This is the sort of story that forces the reader to feel, that won't let itself be taken mildly. This is when writing goes beyond the level of entertainment, and into the territory of art. In short, this little one-er may be among the best things I have ever read, period.

Yours Very Truly,

Doc
Coffin Of Hope chapter 1 . 5/26/2007
Orange,

I write you from an uncomfortable plastic seat aboard hiatus train. I'm currently staring at a map trying to figure out where I'm supposed to get off...and asking myself why it's so hard to fold these things. I still haven't gotten the coffee I ordered, and I'm beginning to wonder if the train attendant was distracted by you're wonderful fics.

All I can say is, you've done it again. You have a knack for getting inside the characters heads and showing us what's there. I especially love your description of Alex. I think I actually blanked out for a moment...and then I remembered the Homburg hat image and...

...

*coughs* Sorry. I'm back. Point is, I'm liking this one...a lot.

Now, if you will excuse me, I think I'm going to go hunt down that attendant and have a few four letter words with her...

-C
0bsessionXx chapter 1 . 5/26/2007
That was different, not how I imagined Paige would be. I always kind of though Alex as the brooding type, and Paige was more or less, the thoughtful type, always cheery though.

I liked it a lot. Keep going.
zygomorph chapter 1 . 5/25/2007
As others have said, it's interesting to read a fic from Paige's perspective...

And now to drive over your story with my u-haul, sort of...I think it would be interesting for Paige to think about the whole concept of having kids-as a person in a same-sex relationship. In DYWM she said "I'm expected to give them grandchildren," and at some point she would/should/might realize that she can still do that, albeit a little differently. Obviously it's not something in Paige's immediate future, but we all know she likes to have Plans For The Future, so she might think about it and have some epiphanies, read lesbian baby blogs, something like that.

I like the idea of exploring thoughts or filling in holes rather than trying to advance the plot (since we don't know what'll be in S7 and it's neat when things mesh well with cannon.)
The Calendar Girl chapter 1 . 5/25/2007
I like this! You should update Sepia though... I miss my angsty Alex-y goodness. Paige is perfect. Damn her.

- The Calendar Girl
Jeck chapter 1 . 5/25/2007
It's really good so far, but then again, so is all of your stuff!
K.A. Kennedy chapter 1 . 5/25/2007
I actually liked this. The ending was great and it was very cool to see it all through Paige. Well done!