Reviews for Flesh and Blood
Starfire201 chapter 32 . 11/13
Damn. That was well-laid.
Just a Crazy-Man chapter 32 . 11/2
Kirinthor chapter 31 . 10/26
Great stuff. Loved this anime as a kid so its nice to see a fic about it still
Starfire201 chapter 31 . 10/24
I knew from what little I'd been able to find that Balzac did turn up again. Good to see he's been doing a bit of thinking since what happened on the Space Ring. And good to see he believes them about where the aliens are located. He does seem to be more reasonable now.

I'm guessing that Spear is going to be a major player soon. Looks like the stakes are rising again. The Space Knights just can't catch a break.
gabeliz.castillocarin chapter 30 . 10/13
It's good to see that got are continuing with the story.. I hope you update soon and give us more about star and Ness relationship although I enjoy Cain and Maggie's interaction and passion I would like to see some advancement on the other two.
Starfire201 chapter 29 . 1/10
Kind of a bittersweet chapter from start to finish, this one, with Ringo coming back to a much changed hometown and having an idea of what will be happening in the future. Seems in a way that Ringo said goodbye to his hometown. Even if he comes back again at some point in the future, he's just experienced a bit too much to be content there permanently.

As for the ending, while I don't know how you will change the fate of Slade at the end (though given what happened with Saber in the series, I suspect Slade's fate will end up somewhat differently as well), it's kind of sad to know there is some truth in Axe's thoughts about a lesson being taught, since it won't be the one he planned on teaching in the end. Slade and Saber both know what they need to do, even if there is a part of them that reels from doing so.

By the way, since I didn't see this episode, answer me a question if you could. Was it indeed a set-up, as the Space Knights guessed? Because I'm going to assume, if so, that it didn't go well until the Space Knights stepped in.
Kirinthor chapter 28 . 9/14/2014
great chapter, im loving this take on the anime and glad to see blade and star and growing relationship wise always had a soft those 2 :D
Just a Crazy-Man chapter 28 . 9/5/2014
Nicely done!
Kirinthor chapter 27 . 4/15/2014
not much teknoman stuff out there sadly, but once again great stuff :D
Starfire201 chapter 27 . 4/8/2014
Have to be heading out very shortly, so don't have time to do a really long review, but I will say that I did like this chapter. It was good to see that Ringo's healing well enough and that the core Space Knights are starting to pull together again. Hell of a way for those two to meet up with the others, I must say. They've got some catching up to do.

And Slade really needs to just talk to Star about his feelings. He really does.
Starfire201 chapter 26 . 3/31/2014
Well, now those two seem to have a plan. Should be interesting to see how that plays out.

And certainly I liked how this went over seeing a replay of events from Star's POV
Starfire201 chapter 25 . 3/22/2014
Again, I wanted to thank you for adding some detail to a couple of things:

One: Shara's getting out of the hospital room without being caught. It was never really explained how she managed to get out of the hospital room with someone present there. If Star had been called away or otherwise incapacitated, it would definitely make sense, since I couldn't really see her just agreeing to let Shara walk out of there.

Two: It had never really sat well with me that Slade had been so willing to allow those with Gault to die along with him. But reading Slade's thoughts on the matter as you wrote them, it would make a bit more sense at least from his POV as to why he did. None of them tried to side with Slade when he spoke to Gault, none expressed doubt. Whether or not they approved of it internally, their silence indicated they seemed willing to let it happen. So looking at it from how Slade would have seen it, it's a bit more understandable.

"Walking calmly over to Gault, looking at that arrogant little smile he was wearing – like he was perfectly in control of everything going on; like there wasn't even one thing he wasn't completely prepared for-"

It's likely he did feel that way, which would explain his final reaction when the Thunderhawk began crashing down on he and the others. If he'd been more rational and less arrogant, he probably would have realized Slade would pull that stunt.

By the way, I must say that given that they didn't really show what happened to the person who tried to get through to Jamison, it was interesting you came up with the death of the man. I'd always just assumed that the communication was detected and hacked, not that the man was dead. But given how far over the edge Gault had gone (and it's no surprise given all his gambits had failed so far), it isn't too hard a stretch to believe he was dealt with before Slade got there, whether or not he was shot by Gault during the communication.

Nice twist concerning Ringo and the Blue Earth. Even so, I imagine his fate is still as much up in the air for now as it was at the original end of the 1st season. Honestly, that was something else I would have liked to see resolved, which likely would have been shown if the 2nd had run here. I was truly disappointed that they didn't give it a chance. Further comment will be reserved on my feelings on that for the next chapter.

Liked Shara's death scene here. Seemed a bit less dramatic than Slade's own reaction to it. A bit more dignified, I thought.

Good chapter all around. I look forward to seeing how you're going to handle the next bit.
AoKanojo chapter 24 . 11/11/2013
Dang, it's been a while since I've had time to come back and check out this story, I'm glad to see you're still plodding along with it. Great to see more of the Tekno-people on the move now. And dang, I still think Gault is a moron no matter how often I see him.

I'm wondering if you'll be able to twist anything to make it so that Shara can actually live this time or if that will be too big a stretch to things, but hey, it's fanfiction! Anyway, many thanks for keeping this going!
Just a Crazy-Man chapter 24 . 9/20/2013
I never really like the General and hope he dies as he will.

Great read.
Starfire201 chapter 23 . 11/4/2012
Stumbled on this just after finishing up my getting ready for the day, and it was a nice way to start it, no doubt about it.

That said, I'd been wondering for some while how you were going to be handling the retelling of the twins' story, and I wasn't disappointed how it was done. I'll admit I probably would have liked to see a bit more to the mention of how the two got out of there, but that's a small thing. And I remember Shara's reaction in the show. It was puzzling to me how that got into Slade's retelling at the time, as he couldn't have known about what happened. So kudos to you for how you covered that particular detail.

You captured it all well, and I was impressed. On a final note, thank you for leaving out the part at the end with Slade yelling. I kind of thought that it was a somewhat melodramatic way to end the episode, even if I could understand the reasons it was handled that way, her being the only family he had left, really, and he was about to lose her.

There is something else I've been wondering. Are you going to be covering the 2nd season as well? They didn't show the English dub for it in my area, and I'd long wanted to know how the whole thing ended, as I was disappointed by the open ending the show left at the end of the first. Took me years to find out that there actually was a 2nd that was never shown.