Reviews for Madness of Minerva
Selbiene Raveren chapter 5 . 7/9/2007
Amura here. (Too lazy to log in so I thought I'd use my anonymous name Heh.)

Nice chapter. Especially sad when you have Suteki da Ne from Final Fantasy X stuck in your head. ...Ugh... Must play my keyboard...

Write more soon.

Auf Wiedersehen.

*Sigh* Ich vermisse meine Deutsche Klasse (Ist das gut genug? Ich denke ich spreche nicht gut Deutsch.)
duj chapter 5 . 7/9/2007
It always bothers me when I see post-HBP stories that have the trio tell the whole Order about the Horcruxes. Dumbledore told Harry to tell no one but Ron and Hermione and Harry refused in canon to tell even Minerva. Why would he suddenly abandon Dumbledore's instructions after declaring himself Dumbledore's man?
Silverthreads chapter 5 . 7/9/2007
Good chapter, but I'm surprised Minerva didn't more quickly deduce Severus in an invisibility cloak.
whitehound chapter 5 . 7/9/2007
So where did Snape get the Invisibility Cloak, then?

For future reference, in case you didn't know, the main hills near Edinburgh are called the Pentlands or Pentland Hills. They are a designated park, lie south-west of the city, help protect it from the weather (Edinburgh is surprizingly warm compared with central Scotland) and are much used for pony-trekking.

Minerva's family estate would probably be near one of these villages - Balerno, Penicuik, Newbigging, Carlops, West Linton - which are situated around the base of the hills.
CoyoteWolf chapter 5 . 7/9/2007
Severus haunts his grave? oO
trulyamused chapter 5 . 7/9/2007
Albus? Severus? Who? This is great, I love what you're doing with this. I look forward to reading more very soon.

Truly
Kiss-This2010 chapter 4 . 7/3/2007
Poor minerva...the order means so much to her...great chapter!
Akimekura Amura chapter 4 . 7/1/2007
Poor Minerva, but good for her for sticking to her beliefs.

I'd imagine Hermione would be digging into this a bit deeper. Despite the fact that McGonagall seems a bit off her rocker, I think Hermione would take into consideration of what she said and look into facts for plausibility anyways.

Perhaps you can make Hermione a future ally for Minerva later in the story. Just something to think about, unless you already have the whole thing planned. _

So you're a writer in real life? That's great. Just recently the muses have finally granted me my own plot and characters. So for once it's not fanfiction I am working on. I am really thrilled with that. Nearly done with the outline. I reckon I have about 14 chapters planned out so far and am going to aim for it to be decent book length of about 350 pages. Hehe. I've been working on it the past week now. Taking J.K. Rowlings advice and planning, planning, planning. _

Na, bis sp├Ąter. _
reader chapter 4 . 7/1/2007
Go Minerva!

I love this story, thanks for the new chapter.
NY potterfreak chapter 4 . 7/1/2007
Contrary to what some other readers say here this is a brilliant realistic plot! I also read your fic "Minerva McGonagall and the Half-Blood Prince" and while you really took it slow there I thought that it still was too hasty in a way of suddenly everyone trusts the Snape again - even if you took like 3 chapters and half a year until MM trusted him again and then another couple of months until the others did.

But here in this Madness story - right I'll buy that MM trusts him again because she also hates him. I should mention that I major in psychology and really this is the appropriate and logical reaction of a sane mind.

And also its so logical that the others deny trusting Snape and start doubting MM's judgement. I mean, this former dark wizard who was never a nice guy suddently turns up and kills DD - and one never learns why DD trusted him in the first place (Harry's interpretation of the iron clad reason is just stupid) and we only know that Snape also works for LV - yeah, right, ANYONE would think MM insane for saying he's a good guy.

Brilliant. Carry on, this is one of the best post HBP fic's I've ever seen. If the readers worldwide scream outrage because SnapeUnited thinks it's obvious that he is good - well, that don't mean that Lupin and Molly have to see it that obvious too.
risi chapter 4 . 6/30/2007
I didn't expect Minerva to leave the Order, but I can see why she did. I can't help thinking it's a bit unfair to Snape that she hates him even though she believes he was not following Voldemort's orders but Dumbledore's. Hopefully that is only the grief talking, though I'm surprised that she is not angry at Albus too. I was quite taken by surprise when I discovered that in a sudden unexpected death very often there is anger directed at the deceased. Anyway, what will Minerva do now? Will Dumbledore's portrait awaken? Will Snape try and contact her? I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
CoyoteWolf chapter 4 . 6/30/2007
Damn right! I'd leave those jerks too! Call ME mental...*grumbles*
hawkgirl04 chapter 4 . 6/30/2007
Sorry I have not reviewed lately. This story is interesting and getting very good. Post more soon.
hawkgirl04 chapter 1 . 6/30/2007
Great job
duj chapter 4 . 6/30/2007
I agree with Whitehound. If they were so quick to susapect her of mental illness then they can never have really trusted her judgement in the first place. Harry, Ron, Hermione (and Lupin from memory) know that Snape swore an Unbreakable Vow to assist Draco (because Harry overheard Snape tell Draco and told the others) and they know that Dumbledore's reaction was that he understood what was going on better than Harry and continued to trust Snape. They all saw Dumbledore tell Draco that he knew Snape had offered to help him and that nevertheless Snape was still his man. That should have been enough to tell them that more was going on than they could see.
70 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »