Reviews for Madness of Minerva
trulyamused chapter 4 . 6/30/2007
Brilliant. That is just something Minerva would do. I look forward to more.

Truly
Cymrugal chapter 4 . 6/30/2007
Those who question why at least some in the Order don't believe Minerva...remember that most of them suspected Snape as evil all along and were only trusting him based on Dumbledore's word, and they always questioned whether he was being too trusting. So to them the idea that Snape betrayed AD and that he was, if not pleading for his life, at least in some sort of extreme emotional state realizing he was being betrayed by the one he'd championed is not only plausible, but what they would fully expect to see. Plus they are grieving AD's loss as leader as well as person, and *they* want to plead for his life, so it's not too much a stretch to project onto him emotions that in less fraught times they'd realize he'd never have. They also are just now realizing how close MM was to AD, and save for Poppy still no one really knows. So they're not seeing someone who they've known to be his most intimate confidante for years telling them this-they're still partly seeing his Deputy-a Deputy who loved him and is heartbroken, but not his wife of years. Plus they don't know about the Unbreakable Vow-only we as the readers of HBP know that-the only characters who do are SS, Bellatrix and Narcissa, and presumably (though only implied IIRC) AD. All that being said, however, I am surprised that there isn't at least some willingness to hear MM out a bit more by at least one or two people-it's just that I'm not surprised they didn't all immediately come round. It's a shame Poppy isn't in the Order. Again, she's the only one who knows of the marriage and the only one willing to admit MM might not be nuts-b/c she knows just how well she knows AD.
whitehound chapter 4 . 6/30/2007
Well, if they have so little respect for her judgment that they won't even consider it as a possibility then they never *did* respect her judgment, so of course she can't lead them in a war.

Still, I have to say this seems unrealistic. If it's so glaringly obvious to us, the readers, that any rescue attempt by Snape would have resulted in multiple deaths, almost certainly including both Albus and Harry, and that Albus was ibntelligent enough to know that, then it should have been obvious to them too. They're meant to be soldiers in a war, after all.

Harry, yes, Harry wouldn't see it, not only because he hates Snape but because he doesn't want to admit that Albus had to die to save him, as well as to save Snape. And Ron and Hermione would probably go along with him, although you'd think they'd both have doubts. But you would have thought anybody who was more experienced would realize that Snape couldn't reliably take on four opponents at once, and that therefore Minerva's suggestion might well be true.

Anbd what will she do if and when she finds out that Harry fed Albus the pouison which made him unable to save himself, on Albus's orders? Will she hate him too? She certainly ought to, since he did the same thing Snape did and was just as complicit in Albus's death.
wynnleaf chapter 4 . 6/30/2007
So now Minerva is on her on as regards what she may or may not do about the war, Snape, and the rest. That should be interesting.
wynnleaf chapter 3 . 6/25/2007
Actually, while I think this is well written, I don't think it's really believable that so many of the Order would see the memory, then hear Minerva's opinion, and *no one* thought she could be right. After all, when the fans read it, a quite large percentage immediately thought "Dumbledore wouldn't plead for his life." Just based on that alone, it seems sort of odd that no character to see the event other than Minerva - even with her arguments - would think it possible that Dumbledore was pleading for Snape to do it.

Besides, it should be obvious once they viewed the scene that Dumbledore knew Harry was there and vulnerable, and a wand "fire fight" could easily have been fatal to Harry, Draco, Dumbledore and Snape, in any combination. And that's without knowing about the unbreakable vow.

So while I think your writing is quite strong and the interplay between the characters is well done and interesting, their reactions, other than Minerva, just doesn't seem believable to me. Well, I'd expect Harry to continue to see it his way, but *everyone* else other than Minerva?

Have I posted reviews for the other chapters, btw? I hope so. I liked them quite a lot.
Silverthreads chapter 3 . 6/24/2007
It really sucks when they won't believe you!
Iva1201 chapter 3 . 6/24/2007
Nice to see someone believes in him. (-:
duj chapter 3 . 6/23/2007
I would have thought Ron at least might know better. Not that I'm a fan of Ron, but he might have remembered what it was like to be in Albus's place on the chessboard (PS, ch 16):

'"You've got to make some sacrifices! I take one step forward and she'll take me - that leaves you free to checkmate the king, Harry..."

...There was nothing else for it.'

Harry and Hermione were lucky they didn't need to be the ones to push Ron into the Black Queen's path, but they did follow his instructions to leave him lying there knocked out - possibly dying, possibly needing immediate care to save - and to continue on with the quest. They acquiesced to his possible death because saving the Stone was more important...
Kiss-This2010 chapter 3 . 6/23/2007
Another great chapter...I think i know why you called it the Madness of Minerva...catchy title really.

I am so torn between Snape being good and evil...I really want to know where you go w/ this! Please update soon!
trulyamused chapter 3 . 6/23/2007
That was dirty pool, Poppy. Minerva needs real friends right now. Great stuff. Looking forward to more.

Truly
CoyoteWolf chapter 3 . 6/23/2007
No way. They would have listened to her...at least. I HOPE. oO JERKS!
whitehound chapter 3 . 6/23/2007
If any of them ahve anys ense of tactics they *must* realize Albus wasn't pleasing with Snape to save him - surely Ron, the chess-player, would realize if nobody else. Snape was outnumbered four to one and we've seen that he isn't good enough to take down four opponents, so if Snape had tried to save him Albus would still ahve died, Snape would have died, Harry would rpobably have been killed in the crossfire, Draco might well have died and Greyback, a psychopathic child-killing cannibal, would have been lose in the school with no superior officer to control him.

To beleive that Dumbledore would ahve pleaded with Snapefor his life, they also have to believe that he was prepared to exchange a virtual certainty of the deaths of his friend and several children, including Harry, in exchange for an about one percent chance of saving himself.
Akimekura Amura chapter 2 . 6/22/2007
Absolutely beautiful fic you have going here.

Love the French dialogue! _

I know it a bit, but I had to consult google translator for a rough translation.

I can't wait to see what happens. I look forward to the next update. _
lauren chapter 2 . 6/18/2007
great so far! looking foward to the next chapter!
Captain Evermind chapter 2 . 6/15/2007
Aaw... *Tear* That was sad and beautiful at the same time. Poor Minerva... I love the element of S/M in this, and the depth to which you're involved in the story, particularly all the minor characters. I really liked the passage of Minerva talking to Fleur's aunts, and the picture in the photo album. Interesting comment, also, that Harry reminds her of how Snape used to look.

Can't wait for more.