Reviews for Madness of Minerva
Kiss-This2010 chapter 2 . 6/14/2007
Poor Minerva...You did a really good job with the characterization...its really hard w/ crying and stuff...can't wait till the next chapter!
TabbyMin chapter 2 . 6/14/2007
Please, please say Minerva will tell the others! PLEASE? This story is so amazing. I never thought about Harry's memories of that night; it's such a good representation of the books.
pol chapter 2 . 6/14/2007
Great beginning. I think you've got Minerva's character beautifully. In fact everybody seems firmly in character, which is a lovely surprise in any fanfic.

I am excited to continue reading this fic. Please update soon!
whitehound chapter 2 . 6/14/2007
Clever - of course she knows Albus best so she'll see there was some sort of sub-text going on between him and Snape. And very nice description of Snape at the Quidditch match (although he didn't *always* wear black - there was one match, I think in CoS, where he turned up in green).

I'm highly dubious about the existence of a McGonagall Manor in Scotland, though. A manor is not strictly speaking a large house but an estate, a substantial tract of farmland which usually includes a large house (which would be called e.g. McGonagall House). You would think that any family important enough to have a manor and house named after them had been in residence for some time, but the McGonagalls are an Irish family (from Donegal) so there are unlikely to have been McGonagalls in Scotland prior to about the 1820s, and then they would probably have been penniless migrants. The poet McGonagall, born in Edinburgh of Irish parents in 1825, was a handloom weaver.
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 6/13/2007
This is an excellent idea-other eyes will see more than Harry can, who is racked with pain and grief. (Others will be equally racked-but will still see details Harry, so young, simply doesn't have the experience to understand).

Good chapter.
risi chapter 2 . 6/13/2007
I really like the start you have going here. Minerva is a favorite character, but there's not a whole lot featuring her. While I love MM/SS, I get the feeling their relationship won't be of that type, especially since I took a look at your upcoming notes. ;-) There's a hint of mystery about Minerva's past and I look forward to learning of it and of how she decides that Snape is still good.
duj chapter 1 . 5/26/2007
I thought Minerva was a few years older than Riddle, which would make her more than two years older than Hagrid, but anyway nicely-written relationship between them. Severus her favourite student? I've never seen any evidence for (or against) this idea, other than her characterisation of James and Sirius as exceptionally brilliant (PoA), but I find it a bit hard to swallow.
Iva1201 chapter 1 . 5/25/2007
Nice start - looking forward to more. (-:
whitehound chapter 1 . 5/25/2007
Very nice descriptive writing and a nice look at Hagrid from her pov: people often forget they were at school together and that Hagrid is in his mid 60s.

Though I'm not sure about Hagrid sitting on an ordinary chair, unless it's been reinforced. If you work out his height and breadth and depth from what's been said about him he must weigh as much as about ten ordinary men, or getting on for a ton.

Pace JKR, fear of death isn't the only reason people become ghosts - other front-runners are dying in such a way that they don't know they've died (in their sleep, for example), and having a lot of unfinished business.

I look forward to the appearance of Snape. Was that him in the room, under an Invisibility Cloak?
Kiss-This2010 chapter 1 . 5/25/2007
So sad...I am glad to see another fic by you...i enjoyed your last one so much...I also have to ask- I can tell that MM/AD exsisted but are you going to bring MM/SS into it? Of course the way you write i really would not mind...just wondered.
70 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5