Reviews for The Death Of Dreams
liebedero chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
this made me sob.
SongoftheDarquePhoenix chapter 1 . 2/21/2010
That was very beautifully written, without a doubt one of the best cremation of Vader scenes.
Bambieyes1234 chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
I'm almost crying because of this. Probably doesn't help that I'm listening to Sweet Child O Mine.

'I remember how the armour went perfectly still, and how, through the Force, I felt him recoil as if I had slapped him, shocked and hurt.' That bit utterly killed me, it was so...*Can't find a proper word*

Am I a bad fan because I want more of this?

Bambi.
ILDV chapter 1 . 5/30/2009
Very very very GOOD:
Jedi Master Misty Sman-Esay chapter 1 . 2/19/2009
Very touching.
WWMTgirl chapter 1 . 10/3/2008
You're awesome at this stuff. Why aren't you on my favorites list already? Oh well. I fixed that.
miaokuancha chapter 1 . 7/26/2008
well, you got me crying, now, that's all i can say. :-(
Rilwen-Shadowflame chapter 1 . 4/28/2008
Wow. A really powerful story. So much of it was so great that I don't think I can pick out a favourite bit. Except maybe the beautiful simplicity of that final line.
Guilia chapter 1 . 11/22/2007
What an overlooked story! It was lovely seeing Luke's reaction to seeing what his father looked like underneath the armor. You also do a wonderful job of filling in some of the aspects of their relationship. Vader and Luke being aware of each other, and even communicating during the time between Bespin and Endor adds another layer to their conversation on the moon before meeting with the Emperor.
pacsi07 chapter 1 . 9/24/2007
Another nice piece :)

I love the way how a certain childlike innocence shines through it all. It's our farmboy talking, no doubt. :)

Only he would say something like this -

"I don't understand why my heart hurts so much; it is only an organ that pumps blood throughout the body, after all."

I almost reached out to hug the monitor in an effort to comfort him. :)

The climbing-down-the-hole stuff is just as beautiful in its simplicity.

All in all, 6 stars out of 5... ;)
phantom-jedi1 chapter 1 . 7/10/2007
Beautiful. Achingly beautiful, like the end of a brilliant sunset.

You have a gift, SLHM. Do continue to use it to the fullest.

Phantom Jedi
Ldihawk chapter 1 . 5/26/2007
This is beautiful and very insightful! I look foreward to reading more of your work!
Kelaria chapter 1 . 5/26/2007
Aw! This made me cry! Beautifully written... I love that Luke caught glimpses of his father now and then, when he was fixing his hand, and getting an image of Padme... And it makes me want to hope that he can stay close with Anakin's ghost, and have some nice chats with him in the future... :*)
Mirenithil chapter 1 . 5/26/2007
Your story nearly had me crying. It's very intense without being overbearing, if you know what I mean, and beautifully written. Great work!
Now Unused chapter 1 . 5/25/2007