Reviews for To forgive, to let go and to say I'm sorry
daswunderkid12 chapter 1 . 8/28/2014
I really hope you get back to this at some point. I was so emotionally involved with this story. It's far too good to be abandoned.
Genjoe chapter 7 . 4/9/2009
This story reminds me of why I started reading Eva fics to begin with. The story has a theme, a moral or pearl of wisdom that most that have never been there will take for granted and think the story is being to depressive.

The truth is that this is what life is like.

I remember getting on to FF everyday looking to see what insight to the human mind an author had for me today. Its strange to say that, but I'm not going to bother denying it either. So much of the Eva community is lost and no longer reaches for these emotional connections that I used to look forward to all the time.

Your fic is fantastic. It captures all the old feelings and allows me to relate to a lot of these circumstances from real experiences. I think your reviewers take for granted how people function and that some story's aren't some way to live out a repressed fantasy to be the ultimate character.

The story has made me uncomfortable, nostalgic, and sad.

You are doing a great job.
someone chapter 7 . 4/4/2009
nice chap, though i must admit it has been a really really long time. i hope asuka finally gets back next chapter, but at the same time, i hope that this doesnt end with a super happy "i am sorry", cry together, happily ever after
NemesisZero chapter 7 . 4/3/2009
This is some pretty powerful stuff... bitter, raw, honest, and very, very human. I'm curious about how this setting came about from the hell-hole that was their lives at the end of the series, but as long as you keep dropping little answers along the way I'll be content.
dennisud chapter 7 . 4/2/2009
I think we needed the Shinji-introspection courtesy of Rei and her unique perspective.

Still shinji needs her as his 'sister' here given the stich!

Great job man!

SM02 chapter 7 . 4/2/2009
Wow. This story has a lot of emotional depth. I sincerely approve.
LionHeart1080 chapter 7 . 4/2/2009
'Bout time you updated. Nothing really new and noteworthy of this chapter except that Rei has a pet cat, hopefully we'll see what's in store for Asuka in the next chapter. Personally, I wonder if Asuka's really aware of just how much damage she's done to Shinji.

Also, nice little Rebuild shoutout there. Have you seen the trailer for You Can (not) Advance yet?
Okutai chapter 6 . 6/17/2008

Water is back!

I love this story. I'm one of the biggest Asuka fan-boys ever, and anyone that says this is ooc is a empty-minded conformist. Why in the hell do people think characters can't change? People change moment to moment. Treating the characters as real people for the sake of a story mean they HAVE to change.
DrendeSalkash chapter 6 . 6/13/2008
that was very damn good. 'nuff said
Darknemo2000 chapter 6 . 6/13/2008
Yet, you still haven't answered my main question - the importance of james is much bigger than Shinji's. Asuka still may have problems with her father but she doesnt have the problems with herself anymore - the proof is James. She learned how to open up and how to love and this was the main problem of her character.

James solved a great deal of her problems thus you cannot keep it up dragging as if it never happened and bring her back as if she is still the same troubled teen she was.

Shinji will never be her true love, it will be James he opened the road for her, and Shinji is just a second choice more so because it was James who dumped her and not Asuka's decision. This way your Asuka/Shinji would look superficial as again if Asuka would have had a choice it would always be James rather than Shinji. Makes Shinji look like a convenient temporary tool, nothing more.

Thats why I am saying that the way you are building your story the Shinji/Asuka will never look natural and will always look a second hand decision because it was James breaking up while Asuka loved him.

Jmaes is much more important character than Shinji can ever be in Asuka's life. He learned her how to love and how to open up and this is what counts.

Thats why I am saying taht if you want to keep Asuka/Shinji on similar relationships as before you have to make the Asuka and James relationship look not real. Superficial. Only this way you can keep Asuka in same troubled state that you are trying to push on us now.

You have to realize that making Asuka love James is a great deal of character development changing her character in general because throughout the anime it was a great problem for her.

Now you are treating it as if it doesnt matter and trying to make Asuka same problematic self that she was before to which I completely disagree.

All and all I can see only two ways out - either change the Asuka/James relationship where Asuka doent really love him and knows that but is pretending (that would actually suit her character much more than just like that falling in love easily) or do not try to put Shinji and Asuka together and just center on them forgiving each other and staying friends (since due to presence of James and him solving a great deal of Asuka's problems makes Shinji look to second-handed and too forced in a realationship).

Otherwise, if you will keep trying to force Shinji and Asuka on us now, it will always make Shinji look like a second choice whom Asuka would be ready to ditch anytime if James would call her back as he is her true love, not Shinji.
XRaiderV1 chapter 6 . 6/11/2008
to forgive, not the easiest thing one can do, but, the results, of course, can be profound.

I enjoyed this chapter, found it to be of course, profound.
WebKnight chapter 6 . 6/11/2008
Oh WOW. That was one of the most indepth Asuka chapers I've ever read. After nine years, you wouldn't expect to be the same person as then. If you are, then I feel sorry for you. Everyone changes over time. OK, now, lets get abck to the story. I can't wait to see what happens when Shinji meets Asuka again.
RDF-73 chapter 6 . 6/11/2008
Nice chapter, a bit winded with all the crap poor Auska had to go through. However it was a part of the story so it worked nicely. Hope that you will update soon.
XRaiderV1 chapter 5 . 5/24/2008
well, I think it's safe to say I'm hooked on this story, very nice work.

unrequited love is something no one should have to ever face, it's a force unlike anything else, and it can literally destroy a person, I hope Shinji and Asuka can forgive each other.

True love is just as powerful, it can enable one to accomplish impressive feats that would not otherwise be possible.

I look forward to reading future installments of this story.
Razaki chapter 5 . 4/14/2008
Great story so far. I think Shinji's character is done really well (despite me wanting to smack him upside the head). I think you did Asuka well despite what others may think , yet she's not quite the same fiery Asuka that I'm used to. But i guess we'll see that soon enough ...maybe... n_n;
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »