Reviews for Where the Rails Converge
phoenix of hell chapter 1 . 3/6/2008
Yeah, true. Anyway, a great after-math of 'The Contract'. Excellent, really!
wih chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
wow, I love this sequel!

I like the way you protrait House's need to 'revenge' himself in some small way, but then finding out, it doesn't really work that way. And I loved how he wouldn't give up. It's also great that you give more background on Thompson. That's something I've been missing from the other stories.

And YAY! another spawn of the contractverse! May it grow and expand forever and may we never loose ideas...
Mel J1701 chapter 1 . 5/26/2007
I love fics set in the Contract-verse and this is no different. Each story set within the verse offers a unique viewpoint and, in the case of your story, I love how it explores House's justifiable anger at what was done to him. After the toll of his physical recovery and the grief at all that he's lost, I think the anger would set in and he'd want to wreck anything to do with Thompson.

Wilson coming in to protect House, trying to offer him some sense of control and hope like a parent would a child, was very bittersweet. The part where Cameron and House were the only ones willing to stand up to Thompson and how they were the ones to suffer most as a result was a nice touch. It shows what an irrational bully he was and House is right that death is too good for him.

Look forward to reading more of your stories!
Emi1988 chapter 1 . 5/26/2007
Good one!
Wuchel1 chapter 1 . 5/26/2007
That was a great story. Thanks!
DIY Sheep chapter 1 . 5/26/2007
Ah - you are getting pummeled by the critics - always good to have a few betas with good advice. It took me about a year before I finally erased the final typos from the original story.

I really like this because 1. It is very evocative and well written 2. It adresses the concept of Thompson. I have this whole bit I never put in that goes deeper into Thompson, so I really enjoyed seeing a story that dealt with him and the sheer stupdity and tragic set of circumstances that set the whole thing off - and how House dealt with it.

Do you mind of I pop a link to it on my LJ?

Love Sheep
Angelfirenze chapter 1 . 5/26/2007
House always felt embarrassed when he did this, but it was one of many habits he could [no], or would not, shake. For years, he had managed to keep his imagination at bay; at least, until seven years ago. When he was being constantly tortured, cursed at and threatened, all he wanted was an escape. His once dead fantasy life was one method he used to escape the torturous reality for a little while [drops into nothingness]

House had treated his daughter, and [s]he died under his watch

Another thing, a huge chunk of it is in boldface.

This: 'animalistic badness' reads strangely and would probably be better served being rephrased.

This: 'Also, you were probably' should be rearranged as that, too, reads badly.

This: 'emphasizing how damaged they were compared to before they were mangled beyond repair.' is a run-on sentence and should be spliced somehow.

This: 'embarrised' is misspelled.

This: 'don’t give up.' should have quotation marks after it because Wilson has finished speaking.

And...at the end...they're not going to do anything about House's hands? At least bandage them?

But, really, this was beautiful. It certainly belongs in this series and once the typos and whatnot are fixed, it'll be perfect.
Juliabohemian chapter 1 . 5/25/2007
well done. I like anything that pertains to this series (provided that it's well written) I think you have some phantom bold face print there, though.