Reviews for Connected
PutMoneyInThyPurse chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
""I gotcha. I gotcha."

The urgency in Dean's voice tore at Sam. He could see how badly his brother needed this girl to be alive, to live, to make it all worthwhile. Each life saved made the darkness easier to bare.

"We're gonna get you outta here, okay? I got you. I got you."

Dean's voice trembled with effort and emotion as he cradled the girl to him. It was a toss up as to who was the more vulnerable; Sam kept a steadying hand close.

Watching Dean's profile silently, Sam had never loved his brother more."

That... that says it all. It's eloquent and not at all sentimental (and also explains nicely why the powers that be always have the protagonists hugging the victims instead of each other!) and just... wraps everything up. I'll be stealing this sentiment. I love it. And, that last line of the section (great section break, btw) is just perfect, and I can see it. Very visual without too much verbiage. Wonderful. Thanks.
Heartless BytchhakaHelenBach1 chapter 1 . 10/12/2010
No, he couldn't heal his brother, couldn't take the pain away, but he could love him. And, that was something Sam was prepared to do.

Beautiful line. Loved it.:)

It's not fair and, you know, it hurts like hell, but it's worth it."

I think Dean knows this. I think it's part of what drives him to keep fighting evil.

Nice story, enjoyed it a lot.

EmmelleN chapter 1 . 6/13/2008
This is much more than a tag/missing scene. It's the whole episode from Sam's pov. Very well done, too!
Winchester73 chapter 1 . 7/25/2007
I love this episode and cried at the end when Mary asked him to stay. Tag is wonderful brought it all back. Have to sit and watchthe episode now.
Anime's-mistress chapter 1 . 7/11/2007
Great story! I loved that episode and the tags that go with it.
D1G1T4L darkness chapter 1 . 7/9/2007
really good! i heart this fic!
Child of a Pineapple chapter 1 . 7/7/2007
Great job - I really liked this!
reading chapter 1 . 6/15/2007
Really like this view of what happened from Sam's persepective. Cool that you had him pick up on Dean's emotions in the middle of hallucination. I always want Sam to understand the depth of Dean's pain better! :)
Lilly B chapter 1 . 6/1/2007
great job on the story. i really liked where you took it, with the connection between sam and dean from "The Wake-Up Call", and sam being able to "see" some of what dean had in his wish world. again, great job!
KatieLB chapter 1 . 5/28/2007
I really liked your idea of how sam could get glimpes of what dean was seeing...great job! I loved this episode... jensen did a great job
bernie chapter 1 . 5/27/2007
Very good use of description and very engaging.
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 5/27/2007
I liked how you tied this story with "The Wake Up Call".

It was nice to know that the brothers still share a bond. Also that Dean had learned 'a few tricks from Missouri to keep thinks tightly wrapped and hidden away.' He could still have some privacy.

But I liked that Sam saw the dream world through Dean's eyes. He could feel the joy, pain and sorrow, which just helps him understand Dean more, and yet the link also helped Sam find his brother.

How scary for Sam to 'see' Dean kill himself.

I liked Sam's thoughts at the end. 'No, he couldn't heal his brother, but he could love him. And, that was something Sam was prepared to do.'

I enjoyed your version of the missing scene from "WIWSNB".

Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Take care.
mcatB chapter 1 . 5/26/2007
Great job, Nicole! Loved reading Sammy's side of the story!
angel679 chapter 1 . 5/26/2007
I need to go have a good cry. This was fantastic but oh so heartwrenching just like the episode.
DreamBrother chapter 1 . 5/26/2007