Reviews for Piano Man
superficialspacecadets chapter 1 . 11/22/2014
I am thoroughly bawling my eyes out. This broke my heart, and it was beautiful.
cassy1994 chapter 1 . 6/26/2011
cute! it was really good
lyckligarenu chapter 1 . 10/26/2007
To be honest, I only read this because Piano Man is my favorite Billy Joel song and no I feel guilty for almost passing up such a great story!

It's prefect, just prefect.
Dewy - 2 JBFA WINS chapter 1 . 10/13/2007
Perfect. Actually perfect. Thanks for writing this! I love Billy Joel and Newsies and this was a great mix of the two. Great job!
passionate fire chapter 1 . 9/27/2007

I'm impressed.

Very, very, VERY lovely.

**is stunned for words**

I like it muchlys.

Billy Joel thing was a work of GENIUS.

Which you are.

**ends review before embarasses myself more**
specs.chick chapter 1 . 7/3/2007
Great Newsies

Great Billy Joel

Great Adaptation

Great Job
Queen Kez the Wicked chapter 1 . 6/14/2007

God, I love Sprace, and this is the best kind. Gahh. Now I'm mildly depressed.. or maybe just thoughtful.

The Billy Joel was a cute idea, and I think you did a really good job of incorporating it without being too overbearing. Great stuff :)

Frisky Wallabee chapter 1 . 6/11/2007
You know, I love how so many Newsies fans love Billy Joel. When I first posted, I had no idea so many other people (let alone writers) loved him as well.

Onto the story, it was amazing. For it being canon and not AU, you wove the song in without (as so many do) just putting blocks of lyrics in to separate, which can jar you from the story and just cause a distraction.

And, although I usually dislike Sprace (well, I just find it overdone) and dislike when Spot is called 'Sean' I really liked them in this story. Their relationship was real.

Long story short, kudos and kickass job.
Rustie73 chapter 1 . 5/27/2007
I’ve never been a big fan of songfics, but I am definitely a fan of this story.

You did a marvelous job of weaving Billy Joel’s lyrics and characters with the Newsies characters.

The brief look at Sarah’s life was especially moving. Being abandoned by Jack, shunned by her parents and left alone to raise her son was so very different than any other Sarah I’ve read. Knowing that Jack left because he was in love with someone else and that she hadn’t heard from him or David in years opened the floodgates of imagination.

Your choice of Racetrack as the Piano Man and Spot as the bar owner was excellent.

The revelation of what occurred on that night ten years before was beautifully written and heartbreaking:

“For just one night, over a decade ago and after years of friendship, they hadn’t denied it. One night of lips fighting in the dark and Spot’s slim chest and hips against his own. And then he’d run.

Out of all his wrong choices, that was the one Tony regretted the most. The one he had tried to forget most often.”

This piece is dark and moving and I loved every word. It went directly to my favorites list.
Tis a Tale Worth Telling chapter 1 . 5/26/2007
I can't pass up something to do with Billy Joel. It's too tempting. And this was a beautiful adaptation of "Piano Man."

The imagery was lovely, and... dare I say it, delicate, I think.

I think that my favorite line was the last one.

You really captured (a word far over-used in reviews)the tone, and the sorrow, and it permeates the entire piece.

Thank you, and cheers!