Reviews for Whispered
Daniel Wesley Rydell chapter 1 . 9/7/2010
Hey, just re-read this again. Really neat, but I was curious if you knew what the song was?
Frytas-90 chapter 1 . 4/3/2009
Well, is the world falling apart? You've written something that did not feature gore , massive battles . I should be disappointed, yet I cannot. It was a bit disjointed, and difficult to read, but you have proven that emotions aren't beyond your reach. I was deeply moved by this story. I have stumbled upon it while browsing your profile, and I can't say anything short of good work, and try to bring more of these emotions into your other works, as it would really improve them. But it's only a (nearly) meaningless opinion from a dude from some overseas country. Best of luck

Your loyal( well i do try to read your works, just firefly ain't my cup o' tea) reader/reviewer( I know i don't review that much but I always try to write something more that "good work, update" type of review)
ilovesoup1 chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
Amazing
Commander Kitsune chapter 1 . 11/12/2008
This was a beautiful story. Very sad. You did an excellent job.
Sizdothyx chapter 1 . 11/14/2007
I hadn't noticed this particular story of yours until, well, minutes before I started typing a review. Quite a heavy, thought-provoking story you've composed (and I say composed because honestly, it reminds me of an Opera drama's characters), Pep.

From start to finish the story takes us blazing. Squall rushing in is indeed portrayed perfectly, and quite... Well, in character is the least one can say. And then his desperation as Ellen (quite a cool name you gave Kadowaki, by the way) declares Rinoa dead. Just a simple line and it takes you apart (this is probably just me, but man! Awesome).

Squall's interaction with his son is the first thing that makes you realize that the gang has gotten old, which is not neccesserily a bad thing. And Squall Jr. is a replica of his dad sans Rinoa in his life.

I had to read Squall's death scene four times until I realized he was talking to Hyne/God instead of a buried body. Still, Squall is portrayed a broken man, and you've done a fine job getting the point through.

And finally, the funeral. Seifer and his gang. Another part that I had to read 4 times to realize who they are. The clues were subtle, after all; "ya know." One single phrase for Fujin. Well, Seifer's scar was quite revealing as a clue. ;)

All in all, the word awesome barely describes how much I really liked reading this.
olive embers chapter 1 . 7/7/2007
I love you! You made my heart absolutely melt on the spot! And then it gave my warm fuzzies.
Bianka-chan chapter 1 . 6/22/2007
That was incredible. Very touching. I personally love writing tragedies, and I feel like everything owned up to each respective character's final moments. It was like I could, as a reader, hear and feel their last breaths. Am I making any sense? Probably not... /

I also liked the touch towards the end-with Seifer. It was a nice memento.

Beautiful work!

~Bianka-chan.
Chock-exComandante Leonhart chapter 1 . 6/2/2007
Wonderful, really. It was sad, with Squall arriving too late when Rinoa is dying, and then Squall's son not forgiving his father. I really like the scene when Squall gaves his son the necklance and his old Gunblade, Revolver, it was perfect. And the end, Squall dying, Seifer's goodbye, and Squall and Rinoa in heaven, man, that was excellent, amaizing. It's a marvellous piece of work, as all of your works.

Well, that's all. I hope you update Gunblade and SeeD soon, and sorry for my english, i'm still learning.

See ya!
Blue chapter 1 . 5/28/2007
Oh wow, this was simply such a powerful piece of work. It works on so many levels. I love the times when all you need is the dialogue, and the others where their actions can tell you everything you need to know. The humanity of the game and the characters contained within it is one of the most difficult aspects to capture. This is a really good one. Hats off to you, and happy writing.
Optical Goddess chapter 1 . 5/28/2007
very beautiful. I had to read a couple times to realize it was the seifer gang near the end. very nice life cycle to read. Makes me wonder how to fill in the blanks.
GreyWeb chapter 1 . 5/27/2007
I absolutely thought it was beautiful. I particularly liked the dialog, smooth and easy to envison. Best Wishes!

-GreyWeb-
Arkv01 chapter 1 . 5/26/2007
The most beautiful thing about this piece is the lack of character identification. Particularly... the commander's son. There's a number of fics out there detailing adventures of Squall or co's offspring, but the feeling associated with them is horrible since some authors have tacky or awkward instinct for the offspring names. Leaving the son nameless let me and every other reader come up with a label of our own; thanks pal. It's a trivial aspect compared to the primary theme being written for, but it's what stuck with me after I finished this thoroughly short and deep fic.

As for the scenario with which you were inspired to write this fic, it's excellent. The song you heard is more soothing than melacholy so I'm piqued that this fic is quite heavyhearted. Awesome oneshot though, really gave me a snap in front of the face; I've been reading too many humourous pieces. Hope you update Oni or Full Spectrum SeeD soon!
Firelord Lionheart chapter 1 . 5/26/2007
I'm at loss for words. I really liked it, that's all I can say.
Nightfire04 chapter 1 . 5/26/2007
A very beautiful rendition of a very beautiful song. The story fits the song very well, as well as flowing smoothly from piece to piece. You did a good job showing all the interactions between scenes in such a short length. The song you're referring to is a song called "I'll Wait For You," by Joe Nichols, as well. I agree, it is a very touching song.

~Nightfire
Eristarisis chapter 1 . 5/26/2007
Well, It's not quite your epic masterpiece Gunblade Saga. But it is still a good piece. I wrote something similiar - in terms of concept and idea for the "max payne" category under the games section.

You covered a wide array of themes and concepts as you intended and you did deliver as you hoped to. Perhaps you left a little bit too much to the reader's imagination - my mind is demented and runs everywhere... and the fact that one's thoughts can stray to some very bizzare places does not really help the reader get an accurate picture of what your are trying to say or grasp the story you want to tell.

Of course, that was your intention... so as I said before, you delivered on it, successfully.