Reviews for May 17th, 2010
WithABunny chapter 1 . 9/10/2008
As one reviewer put it, there aren't enough Near/SPK stories out there. I love how it's Rester here - out of the three SPK members, it seems that Near trusts him the most.

"The seconds sped by like they were fueled by rocket power, colliding with minutes, minutes slamming into each other and sticking together until there were ten awkward ones in the same place, wondering where they should have been instead, embarrassed to have bunched up that way."

Wow. That description has to be one of the best I've read concerning time. It fits Lester's state of mind very well, and not only that, I did find it a bit funny.

This is a really well-made tribute to Mello from Near's perspective. Here, he's IC, neither too emotional on the surface nor too...well...emotionless. At least, as compared to the canon Near.

"Still waters are stale." That part, I think, was brilliant. It fits Mello, and not only that, also serves to contrast Near and Mello even further.

One of the things I like about this is that you've given your readers food for though. Even now, I'm still trying to figure out the symbolism with the cat and the lizard.

The ending was great, by the way. I like the optimism in the penultimate line of the fic, and the sunny connotation of the last. Overall, this story was extremely well done. Keep up the great work!
ThunderRiver411 chapter 1 . 5/30/2008
Nice story. I'm working on one to. It's a crossover. Check it out when you have time.
thickets chapter 1 . 5/27/2007
I loved this. There aren't enough stories about Near and members of the SPK. This was a great exploration of Near's psyche as well as a fitting tribute to Mello.
human.labyrinth chapter 1 . 5/26/2007

I adore that description. The fanfic's very good, and I love how you start it and the concept of it all in general, especially when Near describes the toy's eyes and goes on to say that Mello didn't have eyes like them. Very powerful - adding to favorites. :D
C.T Saiyukily Twisted chapter 1 . 5/26/2007
This was a really great story. You really brought the relationship between Mello and Near very nicely with the water and Godzilla. And the ending cheered me up too