Reviews for Forging the Sword
Streetpixie chapter 15 . 1/9
Aww sucks for Harry he's missing out on classes with the real moody, maybe ron can take notes? It probably wouldn't be the same unfortunately but alas. This is a really interesting way of both keeping the friendship intact while maintaining the canon situation of Harry and Hermione against the world during the triwizard competition which I always kind of liked because of how loyal and brilliant she was in the lead up to him facing literal dragons as well as jeers and boos, everyone wearing potter stinks badges an her being solid and reliable for him in a way none of the teachers or other students were when he really really needed it. I kind of love how this moody approaches the unforgiveables he doesn't quickly demonstrate them on spiders in the name of knowing what you're dealing with like crouch jr did, he goes into the reason for their legal status he goes into the morality of using them at all. It's a more nuanced approach and makes him a believably great teacher. Also aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I know this fic may never update on the grounds of the last update date being a good few years ago but that tidbit of the next chapter namedropping Sirius Black still has me going crazy over it. I mean I love Sirius so much and was worrying he'd be trapped in Azkaban indefinitely in this fic because just like how Ginny died things don't always work out for the characters the way you'd like, but that gave me so much hope because! Sirius 3 Padfoot! Godfather dogfather one adult who prioritises Harry above all other concerns and cares about him and keeps him informed because he wants him to be able to make his own choices as well as protect himself! And that's like so much more in the context of this fic because Harry hasn't gotten a weasley jumper since 2nd year and he doesn't have a psuedo adoptive family anymore because they ignore his existence even though he was only 12 and Ginny was dead either way and it was Voldemort and Malfoy's fault not his and everything, like he doesn't have adult family in this world the way he did in canon, Sirius is all he's got and he doesn't even have him yet but that tidbit made me so excited because maybe he will? If the story has to end on a cliffhanger I'm glad there was such an uplifting hint for what was to come. The Gryffindors bonding over their harrowing experiences in Moody's class was cute, they really all seem like friends united against the horrors of stinksap there and it's kinda nice to see Harry and co getting along with their yearmates.
coco chapter 15 . 11/12/2023
holy crap this is incredible! i know it’s been years since you’ve updated but i really, truly hope you decide to continue this. the plot and concept is really interesting and i love your characterisation of the trio (and dumbledore as well). love it ️️️
Guest chapter 15 . 11/2/2023
This is amazing, I love the direction you took this in and how you write each of the characters. This is such an amazing story, thank you for sharing it.
Dragones chapter 15 . 9/3/2023
Please please carry on with this. Its been a long time I know, but I just discovered it via a recommendation on AO3. I am absolutely enthralled with your world and am desperate to see more
Guest chapter 15 . 8/9/2023
Amazing! I love the trio and the way Ginny's death has such far reaching consequences. Lovely story 3 3 3
Guest chapter 15 . 7/28/2023
Love this, sorry to see unfinished for whatever reason but glad for the story.
Guest chapter 6 . 7/18/2023
I’m surprised you’re letting Harry stick with Divination & Creatures instead of working in Arithmancy & Runes and maybe even something on rituals based on the ritual room found in the Chamber of Secrets.
winniesm chapter 4 . 7/10/2023
That nosy bint interrogating every little thing.
L chapter 15 . 6/27/2023
This is a great story, I really love all your ideas!
Do you still have plans to continue this?
Ruairi J.L chapter 15 . 6/5/2023
Well, I have to congratulate you. Never before have I seen such a promising story nosedive so thoroughly off such a high cliff in the space of a single chapter. I know it's been almost a decade since you updated, and I assume it is because you realised how ridiculous the whole idea is of Harry going to Durmstrang.

Firstly, why would he give a flying fuck about the government threatening to "exile" him? He could just tell them to fuck off and deal with Voldemort on their own, then leave and go somewhere nearby, where he could stay in contact with the others. More importantly, there is no chance this side of hell that the Ministry would EVER exile him at this point in the timeline. In OOTP, maybe, but not now. He's still seen as a hero. Why the fuck would they boot him out when he saved them all, especially given how the public would react? Give me a break, would you? This is such flimsy logic on your part that it blows my mind.

Secondly, splitting the trio up is just boring. The only interesting element of this story is that the three of them are growing together, not that they have to separate and figure things out by themselves. That is a completely new idea and not one that is worth pursuing.

Finally, you have abused the mistake of telling instead of showing so much throughout the course of this story that it must feel like a battered housewife. Why would you cut away from every potentially interesting conversation or scene for no good reason?

Maybe it's a good thing you dropped this story. I certainly would have after reading this chapter, had you continued it.
Readinghp chapter 15 . 1/22/2023
This is a great story; is it river going to continue? Also, it’s gone fairly far away from killing/ ruining Malfoy. I feel like it has a long way to go for resolution
Guest chapter 15 . 1/22/2023
good story
ChangeMe4574 chapter 15 . 12/26/2022
Freaking brilliant
Guest chapter 8 . 12/6/2022
yea that argument between Ron and Harry was trash. so stupid and completely unnecessary just for some bad drama
TheNStorm chapter 5 . 12/4/2022
Intimates not intimidates, and corroborates not collaborates.
3,368 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »