Reviews for Forging the Sword
ReaderBot791 chapter 14 . 8/12
Wow, this story just keeps getting better and better!
ObsessivelyObsessiveObsession chapter 11 . 8/5
I think the worst part of Hernione’s argument is the idea of a wizard having the obligation of helping just because they can. If magic were ever revealed, there would be endless expectations for magic users to aid the world in someway. Ultimately, there are too few wizards, too many muggles, and not enough incentive for coexistence to work properly. Wizards have no reason to help muggles, other than a possible moral obligation. And yet, as Hermione clearly expresses, there will be those who expect wizards to help simply because they can. (I mean, why not? A wizard could wave their wand to accomplish what takes hours of man power.) and yet, this expectation is hypocritical and shouldn’t exist. Just because someone learns that they have special powers at 11 doesn’t mean that society should force them to feel obligated to dedicating their life to aiding others. When you consider that and the obvious problem of resources (potion ingredients and actual wizards), the impact of wizards on the hefty population of muggles would likely be very minor. Permanent enchantments and wards would be far too difficult to truly mass produce, healers wouldn’t have the numbers to make an impact, and magic and technology cannot even coexists. Beyond the obvious problems of actual coexistence (fear, jealousy, desire, bigotry, etc.) lies the problem of, is it even worth it? You’ll force wizards to become social outcasts who society holds extreme expectations, for what? The impact of magical and non magical desegregation has a very high possibility of open hostilities and the pros do not necessarily outweigh the cons even should it be successful. It’s a very high risk venture with low reward and a variety of consequencesHermione’s assumption of magic being the solution to all muggle problems is very unrealistic.
ObsessivelyObsessiveObsession chapter 8 . 8/5
You don’t do a very good job presenting the downsides of using an unbreakable vow to prevent violence with magic. Violence, aggression is an intrinsic part of human nature, of all nature. If all wizards were forced to take this vow, there wouldn’t be self defense, truly, because no wizard could attack you under threat of death. Harm and self defense, themselves, are both also far too vague. If someone is robbing you, for example, you wouldn’t be able to stop them with magicyou would die because the unbreakable vow the moment you hurt them. If you stop and truly consider it, it would be a very, very constricting thing indeed, and would like vastly alter society in very negative ways. At best, everyone could potentially take a vow to never intentionally kill another fully sentient being, unless in self defense. Even that, however, could present a whole host of problems that many would never consider. Cultural differences are not the reason the vow shouldn’t be taken, Harry is uncharacteristically shortsighted and emotionally compromised if he cannot see that.
sharingankakashi007 chapter 15 . 7/9
This is great
The darkness of that verse is actually shown
And our trio are changing, adapting not just to survive but to thrive
One of the few Harry Potter fanfic that can still kepp my attention
Very impressed
Really like the pov from our dear Slytherin

Sad to see the trio kinda being broken
But yeah this happened at every fourth year
This way is at least better than Ron letting his jealousy get the better of him

About harry always wanting to stay away from spotlight
Be NORMAL(like certain durslies)
I hope Ron and Hermione can do something to help their friend
Harry really deserves better than to live in the durslies shadow
And shouldn't occlumency make him see himself more clearly
Or was it the opposite...

Really curious
Dying to read more
mab70 chapter 15 . 7/8
First, I wish to extend to you my sincere condolences on the loss of your father.
Second, I wish to congratulate you on your excellent talent for writing!
This story is immensely engaging with extremely original elements plus highly intelligent and coherent plot actions and character development.
I will follow the story in hopes that one day your views and we’ll life will allow you to continue this Masterpiece!
SentinalSlice chapter 15 . 6/20
I hope you update. I just found this and it'd be a shame if it were dead.
Anyways, keep up the great work!
Vegas chapter 15 . 6/16
I reread this every year or so, and never cease to be entertained by the realism and vividness you give to the world of Harry Potter. Also I downloaded and PDFified this story so I can have access to it for the rest of my life even if fanfic dot net goes down.

Thank you so much for creating so many hours of enjoyment. You're a really awesome writer and I hope to be as good as you at it one day.
Camilo The Great chapter 15 . 5/29
Really hope this isn't dead
falsepermanence chapter 4 . 5/29
honestlyyyyy the first chapter still doesn't make sense to me. like so this is an AU where there's no possible way to save ginny from the chamber and how that changes harry? or is this where harry took too long deciding about killing riddle and caused ginny to die because he didn't react fast enough? because that's two didn't ways to read this fic and ive been reading it the second way, which is more annoying since i don't get why harry even waited when his only options were 1, stab the diary and kill riddle and she ginny, 2 stab the diary and kill both riddle and ginny, 3 don't stab the diary and let riddle live while ginny still dies. the only good option there is just to stab the diary and hope for the best. it's kind of annoying how long it took for him to get to that reasoning.
huchamabacha chapter 15 . 5/20
This fic is brilliantly written and I love the direction you have gone with the trio - their characters are definitely interesting! So sorry to read about your dad; I hope you have lots of fond memories. Thank you for sharing this story with us and if you decide to continue it we would be happy to read more!
Inland chapter 1 . 5/9
'they are twelve people' that was awesome.
there's too many stories with Harry/multi. like srsly u don't know how old he is.
InterdimensionalHitchhiker84 chapter 14 . 5/5
This is by far the coolest and most interesting and best-backed explanation for house elves being bound to wizards that I've ever seen. I love this story so far and I'm definitely glad I started reading it and I'm really glad you shared your writing! So thank you!
robbyh chapter 15 . 4/29
Loving this! Believable characters (loving the dynamic between hermione, ron and harry), interesting plot, and a joy to read. Please keep writing
The Other World chapter 15 . 4/24
Hey, your story is absolutely lovely! I've spent the last day reading it instead of revising like I should... thanks for writing such a brilliant piece. I love how Harry stays in character even as his magic matures and grows, and even as he himself matures and grows - he doesn't become an uber-calm uber-sophisticated person overnight the way many stories portray...
I hope you'll find your way back to this story and update it again for us hopeful readers
xx
Kyuubi-dono chapter 15 . 4/20
Tears. I doubt you're still updating this, and that you'll see this comment, but I'm still going to favorite and follow anyway. This story was awesome.
3,154 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »