Reviews for Forging the Sword
ZombiePilot chapter 15 . 10/10
This is a great story. I hope you continue it.
sam007 chapter 15 . 9/25
This fic is really something else. Or at least i didn't read anything quite same.
The death of ginny is sad (and more sad for me, as if I only take the differences between this fic and canon, the real reason why ginny is dead is because harry tarried with the stabbing. and in those moments Riddle managed to suck her dry) but the changes really interesting.

I love how the trio are shown as hard friends, as many fanfictions go into bashing, or simple don't depict it (at all).

Harry as the divination type is also interesting angle I haven't seen!

Thanks for writing all this.
I hope you will some day return to this, but even if not this is already an epic accomplishment!
Take care!
Potter's Muse chapter 15 . 9/19
I know this fic seems to be somewhat abandoned, but I sincerely hope you have it completed in the long-forgotten folders on your machine somewhere. Your take on things is in many ways far better to me than super-powered Harry (even though I've enjoyed those fanfics too). Would love to see more from you.
Just about to do another re-read of your fic thus far published. For selfish reasons I hope that things are going better for you in the real world. To me what makes great stories like yours great is that the author seems to put a bit of themselves in the story. I'm not talking about a self insert or something similar, what I mean is that this is a labor of love, and sometimes frustration, depression, joy, and escapism. Sure I am reading about the Adventures of the trio and how they are making themselves badass, but I am also getting a glimpse into the beautiful soul of an amazing person, you.

I wish you nothing but the best and just know you would probably break the /r/hpfanfic subreddit when you post a new chapter. We would all freak out and have to read your story again for the umpteenth time. Think of the LOLs.
jeffgass20 chapter 15 . 9/17
Is this still being updated?
I really adore stories which paint the Trio properly - their loyalty to each other, the fact thst they're multidimensional rather than Ron being a jealous idiot with no skills whatsoever, and Hermione being a bookish know-it-all who only cares for the rules. You've really managed flesh them, and their relationship out while also writing an engaging plot. I'd really love to see this through to the end :)
eh84132 chapter 7 . 9/6
So I misinterpreted what Ron meant in this chapter and thought that Riddle raped Ginny. Sorry, but I'm too tired to balance it out with nice things right now. This is good though.
Waterdai chapter 15 . 8/29
Amazing. Truely Amazing. One of my biggest pet peezes with hp ff is the tendency to have multi-year epics that are merely the canon stories with extra bits and pieces bolted onto it- the changes and additions somehow bring about the exact same circumstances as canon, sometimes by rather copious amounts of logical contortions. Actually changing things around like you have is a breath of fresh air, which is only heightened by the great characterizations and writing in general. I'm rather dismayed that it hasn't updated in 2014 though considering this story began in 2007 I'm not too surprised. Still, I will hold out hope that you are not dead!
Probaithius chapter 6 . 8/20
Concerning your comments about the Wizarding convict in HP, I don't think Harry was fighting Voldemort with the goal of resolving Wizarding Britain's issues very close to his mind. The struggle always seemed much more personal to me, as Voldemort targeted him specifically, and of course his desire to save those closest to him from harm. This culminated in him literally sacrificing himself for the sake of his loved ones, which in my mind shows that Harry wasn't truly trying to "save the world" like a stereotypical hero.
Any chs
NotSoSuperGirl chapter 10 . 8/8
This is a fantastic story, however I realized halfway through that it wasn't complete! I'm sorry to hear about your father.
Do you know if you'll ever finish this story?
Kagugu chapter 15 . 8/7
SmoulderS chapter 15 . 8/6
This is an incredible story. I love how intense the characters are, and pretty much everything you've done with them. I hope you get the chance to continue this!
Siruba Tsubasa chapter 15 . 7/24
This is an amazing story. The character development is wonderfully done and believable; the plot diverges in plausible and reasonable ways.

My favorite part about this fic, though, is how the holes in logic in the original series were expanded upon and fixed without completely ripping apart the plot. The insight into the fundamental thinking of wizarding society, Moody's lecture on the Unforgivable Curses, and the reason Harry can't back out of the Tournament are all wonderful.
C'Riverblade chapter 15 . 7/10
I honestly love this! I especially love how you kept everyone in Character while making them stronger, smarter and more mature and serious. I love how tight-knit their trio is and how loyal, trusting and close they are with each other. Frankly, I love the idea of wandless magic. You made quite a lot of changes but I'm glad you did, it definitely made it flow better and make more sense. It's interesting that the tournament is going to be held at Durmstrang, I'm really interested to see what you have in store for the tasks. They never really mentioned in the books what the Durmstrang and Beaubaton students did while at Hogwarts but I assume they tried their best To keep up with their studies without their teachers.
Frankly I hope that the tasks are different from the canon story. They don't have to be too different, just enough so it's not significantly similar. The canon storyline had them: face dragons- testing their bravery and ability to think on their feet, figure out the egg clue and retrieve their friends from the bottom of the lake under a time limit- testing their intelligence, resourcefulness, ability to work efficiently under pressure and in a totally different environment, and survive and make their way through the Maze to their goal- testing a mix of everything they know (magical creatures and how to fight them, spells such as their use of charms/transfiguration, defense), their bravery, wit, and thinking and coming up with plans on the spot.
3,106 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »