Reviews for Forging the Sword
DeiStarr chapter 15 . 7/10
Oh god, this story is incredible!

Will Wormtail be caught this time, and Sirius freed? After all, there's no Lupin here to run after the trio (and only Ron is there to be dragged off by Sirius while clutching Scabbers), and no one but the twins has the map, so Snape won't be showing up either. No werewolf who forgot his wolfsbane to let Pettigrew escape, either.

I think that as soon as Sirius shows Ron that his pet rat is really a grown man in disguise, Ron would believe him, and convince him to turn Peter over and get a trial. He IS good at strategic thinking, after all.

I can see Pettigrew trying to convince Ron to help him escape by saying he has dirt on Lucius that Ron needs; I see Ron deciding that they need to dose Pettigrew with Verituserum before handing him over.
yamiduke13 chapter 15 . 7/5
This story is so amazing. I just re-read the entire thing and I have to say that you have done a brilliant job with it.
laurenthulard chapter 15 . 7/5
God I love this. Just reread for the second time in two months. It is great how you make them true teenagers. So sorry to hear your father died, I wish you all the best with coming to terms with it. I am looking forward immensely towards the next chapter. What is the current word count?
faye50free chapter 15 . 7/5
Great story. Do we finely get to see Sirius, I think with Sirius and the Black family library would be a great leg up for the trio.
dysphere chapter 15 . 7/3
What you have is awesome so far. What little bits you did expand upon canon aren't extremely outlandish and actually make sense. Your divergences make sense as well, and you didn't make Ron a joke character.
The Lady Rogue chapter 15 . 7/1
This is awesome! Are you continuing this? Adore it!
Nickyderp chapter 15 . 6/30
More please
RHJunior chapter 15 . 6/25
Please update this
what about Sirius? Canonically, HE gave Harry to hagrid...
I'm afraid Hermione was right. Even in medieval times, Muggles wouldn't just have been an "annoyance."

First, sheer numbers. Muggles outnumber wizards a thousand or more to one.
Second, ferocity. Yes, Ron, muggles WOULD bomb random plots of land. We've done it in the past, it's called SHELLING. Archers fired in volleys that blotted out the sun. Generals have burned forests down and leveled villages just for being in the way.
Third, RANGE. How far can an average spell be cast? To judge by canon, maybe a few hundred yards... less than a longbowman. Even primitive cannon can fire cannonballs over five MILES.

You don't need accuracy when you can blind-fire enough arrows, cannonballs or bullets to darken the sky from further away than the enemy can hit. Wards and illusions fail, and even the most powerful wizard can be overrun by a large enough and angry enough mob of armed peasants. And even medieval peasants aren't stupid; it wouldn't take them long to devise means to work around a wizard's nigh-indestructibility (just ask Rasputin.)
RedHeadsRock1010 chapter 15 . 6/25
I cannot express how much I love this story. It's so intricate and just- GAH! No words correctly satisfy or explain my awe. None.
Auri.eventide chapter 15 . 6/24
This may easily be one of the best AU HP stories I've read so far. I read it in day, which should tell you enough and will now be starting an immediate reread. I'm also going to believe you're still working on the next chapter, because I refuse to consider this story abandoned.
luanreis chapter 15 . 6/23
This is an amazing story, I loved each chapter, but I have to ask if you abandoned the story ? Because it would be horrible
Secre chapter 15 . 6/22
Desperately hoping this isn't abandoned...desperately, desperately hoping!
Secre chapter 11 . 6/21
Absolutely adored that section with Fawkes!
3,011 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »