Reviews for Forging the Sword
crazydavey chapter 4 . 10/15
He's still considering it uncontrolled magic, but it seems he's basically learning wandless magic, since he's learning control. He isn't just learning how to access magic of some form, he's learning how to call it up at will, without using emotions as a crutch, and make it do exactly what he wants and nothing else. Cool. I enjoyed the theory behind this in the story. I'm looking forward to Harry "negotiating" with his wonderful relatives.
crazydavey chapter 2 . 10/15
That part about the Gryffindors and Slytherins is pretty cool. Rather poetic. It also is an interesting idea that people in those houses might have more in common than people would think.
Harry almost impaling Malfoy with the sword of Gryffindor was pretty badass lol. This is so far a bit darker than canon, but really well done.
Wiwerse chapter 15 . 10/14
So I guess this is fully abandoned. From your authors notes, I infer that you took a three year break, but it's now been *checks notes*, 7 years since this was abandoned. Nevertheless, thank you for writing it, I thoroughly enjoyed it, and you shone a light on some parts of canon I needed a reminder of.
mendy.green chapter 15 . 9/7
Read everything in one sitting. Really with you'd continue this story. Really well done.
Please update! I really miss this story, it was spectacular!
LocoBriar chapter 15 . 8/22
I hope you continue this story someday. ️
yochan123 chapter 15 . 8/9
Wahh plz continue
eleanormikhaelson chapter 15 . 8/7
Absolutely amazing fic
Absolutely amazing
In a really long time I found a fic so original and well written
I loved how you included so many explanations for statute of secrecy, refreshingly not with the usual afraid of muggles rot.
Also it was amazing to see Harry developing skills over time instead of some miraculous unrealistic fast track progress.
It was interesting to read the 'academic topics' from Ron's mouth.
Would love to read more of this. Any plans for writing again?
AriMarshmellow chapter 15 . 7/29
Considering the fact you had a preview of the next chapter in the last one WHY are you not posting anymore!? I seriously LOVE this story - its well written, logical and rlyrly intriguing!
Please continue
SilverLightning26 chapter 15 . 7/26
This is absolutely fascinating. I love the way you've characterized the Trio. I think you've pretty accurately captured some of the changes that would come from having a sibling/friend (Ginny) die, and under such circumstances. I have to say, this did not go in the direction I expected, and the Trio's objective for justice (*cough*revenge*cough*) on Malfoy has expanded in ways I never would have expected. But I love it. I was wondering how you'd spin Harry's entering the tournament once you said it would be at Durmstrang (and wasn't that a pleasant surprise?), but I like the way you've handled it and I'm eager to see what happens next. I know it's been a long time, but I really hope you continue this story. I'd love to see it completed!
Nishitalumos chapter 15 . 7/11
Oh my ,what a journey. I started the story last night and read till sunrise because it was really interesting. I also laughed ,albeit muffling them, because of your excellent comedic timing. The whole debacle about choir vs club, the stinks trap , and so many more. I loved how the kids are jaded but not so much they lost all sanity, love how they are not super!powerful, cunning, strategic etc. The realistic portrayal of them having to be studious and working hard and at times hating that and just wanting to be lazy is amiss in a lot of the Dark!Harry and friends trope, and something I loved.

I have no idea if you are still out there, if you still read comments,but just in case you do, I want to thank you for writing this. I already finished 2 chapters when I realized it's incomplete, but by then I was hooked. So even with knowing the eventual pain of unfinished fic, I read it ,and I don't regret it. I have hope it's not abandoned.

And I hope you are well as well
FuxkBoi chapter 1 . 7/4
"pairing: nonethey're 12" I kinda wish other authors realized this before they make it completely unrealistic and fake with I love yous n all that shit, when I was 12 I'm pretty sure I only thought about girls in the way that they were kinda weird, not oh that girl over there looks really hot I wonder if she'd let me bone her. honestly people should realize that child romance fanfics e.g b4 age 14 at the least makes the romance feel forced and shallow, like how tf would I know that the other 11 year old right in front of me is the one I wanna spend the rest of my life with, just doesn't make sense to me how authors think relationships as kiddies would work out, pretty sure I married I got married on the school play ground with a haribo wedding ring and we broke up a week later or smt over some ridiculous reason. just saying thank God there is one sensible author out there, btw the first chapter is rly good
Zuzik612 chapter 15 . 6/3
I love this fanfic – both the idea and its execution. Especially the Trio's character development is striking, yet doesn't feel forced and the Butterly Effect is perfectly shown. It's such a pity this work is probably abandoned for good: I was so curious about what would happen, who entered Harry into the Tournament, what's with Voldemort etc. It'd be wonderful if someone wrote a continuation.
nictheman123 chapter 15 . 5/29
Well. It's been a ride. And I feel like it ended too soon, but so many of them do.

OP, I don't know if you're still out there. If you're ever gonna read this. No way of knowing really.

What I do know is this: this is incredible. The perfect way you managed to take Harry, such a known character, and just /break/ something in him, without changing his whole characterization? Is incredible. It brought me to fucking tears, multiple times. This Harry is still Harry, but this is a Harry that has seen the horrors of war, and said no. And decided, full stop, that it will never happen again if he can help it.

I could gush for quite a while on how amazing this is, but the only other major point I've never seen done this well is divination. Sure, everyone knows Trelawney sucks, but giving an alternative to her crap? Actual useful divination? Is brilliant.

It won't happen, I know it's abandoned, but I still wish there was more of this. Seriously, if you're reading this OP, thank you. This is a work of art you have shared with us.
Amazingcheetoh chapter 1 . 5/20