Reviews for Forging the Sword
Jillian A.K chapter 8 . 5/26
You know, I'm wondering if Minerva is really disappointed in Harry, or if she's disappointed in the things that have been done to him, or Dumbledore's plans for him, or something, and Harry is misinterpreting. If Harry is right, I'm not understanding why she blames him for Ginny's death. Can you write me back with an explanation as to what is going on inside her head? Why did she say what she said earlier, about Harry needing to learn that actions have consequences?
InvisibleJediMaster chapter 15 . 5/23
Excellent, Durmstrang is hosting the tournament! I'm not sure I've ever seen that alteration before. And the train served as transportation, that's icing on the cake, for sure. What else would they use? I really like the use divination had served in the story as well, as Harry's ability to scry for information. This story has been a really interesting detour from the norm, an exciting read. I look forward to future chapters.
Holy cow! The more I read, the more I like your story. Unexpected split of the trio and the whole Durmstrang plotline is great. Would like to keep up with the Hogwarts news too! I'll be waiting for the next chapter eagerly. :)
LightningFuryStrike13 chapter 12 . 5/20
I thought your summary was great. I instantly wanted to read your story and I haven't been disappointed.
This is excellent! Love the way you've built this AU.
SusanL chapter 15 . 5/17
This is brilliant. I don't think I've read anything with this twist before. I love the changes to their characters and their level of maturity.

I "can't wait" for your next update, but really I can. I'm patient and this is worth waiting for.
lastcrazyhorn chapter 10 . 5/16
*snickers wildly over "grunting manly yelp"*
CrystallineX chapter 15 . 5/14
Finally! I'd felt sorry for Sirius, having to put up with dementors for another year. But next chapter (whenever it's coming out) he's going to escape! :D yay!
htbhp chapter 15 . 5/9
Well shit. I've held off for a long time but succumbed to reading it. Now I am just sitting here forlorn like a sucker hoping for an update. The promise of Durmstrang and the Sirius Black line makes the wait even harder, you wonderfully cruel bastard. Thanks for the story, excellent work.
so perfect it hurts chapter 15 . 5/9
OHMYGOODNESS!
I love this story SO much!
I find it incredible how one event could change the rest of the series so completely, and yet still be so believable.
I find the characters changed, and yet somehow completely cannon. How did you even do that? I also have to admit this is one of the first Ron Weasleys I have truely enjoyed reading as a character.

*fingers crossed you plan to continue on*

I am in awe of your writing *bows down* "we're not worthy! We're not worthy!"

- SPIH
AwayOHumanChild chapter 15 . 5/7
I know it's been about nine months since you've last updated, but since you said it typically takes you about three months I'm still holding out hope! I really love this story and I especially love your Ron and Hermione and how they interact with Harry. You've managed, I think, to keep them true to who they are at their cores while still having them grow and change in unexpected, un-canon ways. Theodore Nott's occasionally appearances are also a lot of fun, and I can't wait to see if/when he eventually interacts significantly with the trio! Anyway, I basically like this story a whole ton, am excited that Sirius appears to have broken out of Azkaban next chapter and really want to see how Harry and Hermione handle the tournament! Regardless of whether you update (and I so hope you do!), this has been an incredibly entertaining and wonderfully well-written story! Thank you!
yaya chapter 4 . 5/6
I was rereading during the latest hiatus between chapters and Harry's convo with Hermione caught my eye again. I've always liked it, and the intensity in Harry at this turning point. Before JKR knew it was going to turn into YA books a lot of stuff was glossed over in a children's book, like the viciousness of attempting to murder an eleven-year-old girl and Dobby's abuse to the point of brainwash and Harry's child abuse, but especially all the attacks in the first book. Here Harry says he's been attacked three times in three years~ sorry, but no, the number is a lot higher than that. How many times did Harry escape death without being traumatized or seeming to react in any way? Just in Philosopher's Stone, 1. Temporarily in easy reach of a Cerberus, who was too surprised to attack right away or they'd all be maimed, 2. Troll smashing around, 3. dark figure that just murdered a unicorn going after him in the Forest (during a detention, what the hell, how could anybody believe first years were given a detention in a deadly place at night with supervision of someone unable to use magic to protect them, and then let them separate while deliberately searching for a lethal and evil creature?), 4. Quirrel cursing his broom and trying to throw him off, 5. Devil's Snare, etc to get into final confrontation with Voldemort at mirror. Not to mention that for months he honestly believed he was living with a grown and fully trained adult man willing and able to kill him and he could go to no one for help or be believed and was deliberately placed under his power often in class~Snape didn't attack him, but that's a long time that should've been stressful and terrifying and helpless and can't trust anybody supposed to be looking after him.
awsome book keep chapter 15 . 4/29
new chpt plz
LightsPast chapter 15 . 4/27
My love for this story cannot be expressed in words, besides perhaps 'this is absolutely magnificent'

It's been a long time since you've updated, but I truly hope that one day another chapter will be posted, because your writing and your plotline and ideas and EVERYTHING are wonderful
Fate Slinger chapter 7 . 4/25
A thought that came upon my third reading of this masterpiece in the making...

"uber!badass!Harry has commissioned an entire, 'battle robes/dueling outfit' made ob Basilisk hide. I can just imagine him striding out into the fray, clad in robes and boots a brilliant, eye searing green."

Who else do we know of in the canon that wears ridiculous clothing, is famous in Wizarding Britain, and/or is Famed in Story for being a little bit crazy? I think that with the right tilt to one's view of things that it would make perfect sense. What with Dumbledore falling somewhere on the scale of chess master and senile fool added to Harry half-inheriting his reputation after HBP.

That said, it would look ridiculous. Feeds the feral part of humanity's collective consciousness that delights in the idea of conquest - of beating something greater than themselves and having some way to prove they did so.
2,846 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »