Reviews for Forging the Sword
Iryelb chapter 15 . 10/16
Man, it sucks that you were ax murdered, or whatever, and couldn't finish this story. I had quite a few thoughts on it, like wondering if Harry's startling ability to read peoples expression was his budding legilimency or the fact that Harry really needs to learn to delegate more, like, he has Dobby and still searches the junk room himself.
doubledamn chapter 8 . 10/16
I always liked the Sorting Hat, we didn't know a lot about him, but we could infer information from his yearly songs. He was once Godric's own hat, and in many ways, he was a child of the Founders. It's implied that the Sorting is similar to a Wizard Painting but rather than a single entity, the Sorting Hat is an amalgam of the Personality Matrix of the Four Founders. Basically just 4 paintings mixed together .
justjoy chapter 15 . 10/12
I can very sincerely say that this is /literally/ my favourite HP fic that I've read in recent memory, and possibly ever. Not even exaggerating in the least. It hits all my favourite themes - competent protagonists taking things into their own hands? actions and choices having actual real consequences? not to mention elaborations on (what brief sketches there are of) the canon magic system? hell to the yes, for all the above - and wraps it up in both top-notch writing and an AU that diverges steadily yet realistically to something entirely different.

Consequently I won't lie and say that I'm not holding out hope that you'll come back to updating this someday, but in the meantime this fic is definitely going right on the to-reread list! Either way, I hope real life is treating you well, and thank you so much for writing and sharing this!
Greghero chapter 5 . 10/9
Ha! Hermione thinks that females dont drop to loooooong, infuriating silences when upset. Hillarious. Societal brainwashing has them even more prone to it than males, it's one of their prime traits. *Shake head* In all seriousness, wish it wasn't so, the world would be better if, but sadly it is
Carboxcide chapter 15 . 10/4
OK, so this is good. Like, really good. But it's also abandoned, so that's that...
Crisp.Silver.Lines chapter 1 . 9/14
I have to say, this is one of the more interesting stories I've read since I first discovered FFN and AO3. It's compelling, well-written, and pursues a unique plotline that impressed me when I realized where it was going.

I really, *really* hope it is updated someday. Thank you for your efforts, Myst Shadow! They're much appreciated.
RachaelMaree chapter 15 . 9/13
Fantastic! Really hope to see more of this one day
mhdluqman chapter 15 . 9/8
i really like it! this is one of the most well written fanfic I’ve read. Not to mention the chapter titles. I read Author’s Note of his profile that the author already has chapter 16. Hopefully we can all read the next chapters or the author can delegate it to someone else.
Juli chapter 15 . 9/2
This is one of the most well written fics I've read. I hope someone picks it up or the author updates. It's brilliant and the plot is rich.
Cairine the Elf-Hearted chapter 8 . 8/20
So, I just looked through the chapter titles and...I don't think I've ever seen chapter titles done so well. Or chapter titles that as a whole made me like something more. I'm a little in awe right now.
Mister Cuddlesworth chapter 15 . 8/18
I gotta say, I binged this whole thing as continuously as possible, and I absolutely loved it. I really hope this gets updated again sometime.

Having read your bio, I am truly sorry about the loss of your father. I hope you haven't let that break your will to write. It'd be tragic if this story never got updated again.
Khatix chapter 1 . 8/17
Wow Harry is a moron, Riddle told Harry Ginny was like that because of the diary and how he grew stronger because or it and when he screams for him to stop...HELLO common sense the diary is killing Ginny and making the bad guy stronger who doesn't want said diary destroyed common sense dictates that you destroy it. The whole scene where he thinks it over and ask for more information instead of charging forward is pure Ravenclaw and makes no sense to the Gryphondor thinking and mention in story premise.
ReaderBot791 chapter 14 . 8/12
Wow, this story just keeps getting better and better!
ObsessivelyObsessiveObsession chapter 11 . 8/5
I think the worst part of Hernione’s argument is the idea of a wizard having the obligation of helping just because they can. If magic were ever revealed, there would be endless expectations for magic users to aid the world in someway. Ultimately, there are too few wizards, too many muggles, and not enough incentive for coexistence to work properly. Wizards have no reason to help muggles, other than a possible moral obligation. And yet, as Hermione clearly expresses, there will be those who expect wizards to help simply because they can. (I mean, why not? A wizard could wave their wand to accomplish what takes hours of man power.) and yet, this expectation is hypocritical and shouldn’t exist. Just because someone learns that they have special powers at 11 doesn’t mean that society should force them to feel obligated to dedicating their life to aiding others. When you consider that and the obvious problem of resources (potion ingredients and actual wizards), the impact of wizards on the hefty population of muggles would likely be very minor. Permanent enchantments and wards would be far too difficult to truly mass produce, healers wouldn’t have the numbers to make an impact, and magic and technology cannot even coexists. Beyond the obvious problems of actual coexistence (fear, jealousy, desire, bigotry, etc.) lies the problem of, is it even worth it? You’ll force wizards to become social outcasts who society holds extreme expectations, for what? The impact of magical and non magical desegregation has a very high possibility of open hostilities and the pros do not necessarily outweigh the cons even should it be successful. It’s a very high risk venture with low reward and a variety of consequencesHermione’s assumption of magic being the solution to all muggle problems is very unrealistic.
ObsessivelyObsessiveObsession chapter 8 . 8/5
You don’t do a very good job presenting the downsides of using an unbreakable vow to prevent violence with magic. Violence, aggression is an intrinsic part of human nature, of all nature. If all wizards were forced to take this vow, there wouldn’t be self defense, truly, because no wizard could attack you under threat of death. Harm and self defense, themselves, are both also far too vague. If someone is robbing you, for example, you wouldn’t be able to stop them with magicyou would die because the unbreakable vow the moment you hurt them. If you stop and truly consider it, it would be a very, very constricting thing indeed, and would like vastly alter society in very negative ways. At best, everyone could potentially take a vow to never intentionally kill another fully sentient being, unless in self defense. Even that, however, could present a whole host of problems that many would never consider. Cultural differences are not the reason the vow shouldn’t be taken, Harry is uncharacteristically shortsighted and emotionally compromised if he cannot see that.
3,166 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »