Reviews for Waiting
SnowKi chapter 18 . 12/22/2014
more pleaz 3
FallenSoul62 chapter 1 . 11/3/2011
hiya just wanted to say i love this story and that i can't wait for the rest of the chapters.

plus i really want to know what happens between nia and jack and i wonder about nia's PURE RAGE PROBLEM.

well i'll just wait till you have wrote the rest of the chapters.

bye bye then and good luck with your writing
dwatlaskrhtcm chapter 18 . 5/16/2011
I LOVE this story , Please , Please , Please , Please , Update soon , Well Done And Thanks .
dwatlaskrhtcm chapter 14 . 5/16/2011
Awwww I love this chapter , really cute and romantic , Well Done And Thanks .
dwatlaskrhtcm chapter 12 . 5/16/2011
Awwww poor Tosh and Ianto , Great Chapter as always , Love it , Sorry I haven't been reviewing , Well Done And Thanks .
dwatlaskrhtcm chapter 1 . 5/15/2011
Awwww love it very cute , Great first chapter , Well Done And Thanks .
chironsgirl chapter 18 . 4/14/2011
OOOOoooooOOOOoooooOOOHHHHH! I reallly want some more of this!

XOXOXO
total-animal-lover chapter 2 . 6/27/2010
This might just be me but I think in the last few paragraphs you made Jack sound a little obsessive with Nia and a lot too needy. Otherwise the story sounds interesting though what happened to Nia breaks my heart; it's sooooo sad. I'm looking forward to the next few chapters.
MissShellyBabes chapter 14 . 12/1/2009
Oh, You must update soon!

x Michelle
zsazsa4168 chapter 12 . 9/9/2009
This is great. I notice there's a bit of a ...uh...time lapse from when this fic began. Now that I'm hooked, I hope you'll be providing the next installments - SOON.
Orion Lyonesse chapter 11 . 9/7/2009
I have enjoyed reading your story and hope it keeps going. I have been reading since about 1:30 am and it is now 5:15 am.

No, your story isn't keeping me up, per se. I am waiting to watch the Children of The Earth rerun BBCA is putting on at the ungodly hour of 6 am! Even though I have seen it through several times and have it recorded, I've not seen it all in one shot and without the behind-the-scenes bits between episodes that drop you out of the story. I will be interested in seeing if it gives me any insight into Jack's part in it. I am still very conflicted by his actions. Like a character I am writing that shares some DNA with Jack, I still love him but am not sure I LIKE him, at the moment. From reading a lot of fan fiction dealing with losing or not losing Ianto, I think there are a lot of others similarly conflicted out there.

My only criticism would be that the story would read better, smoother and easier, for me, with a bit of editing and punctuation changes. However, I doubt that bothers other readers as much as it does a former public school English teacher! That said, though, anything that pulls the reader up short, like having to figure out who's talking, drops the reader out of the illusion of the story.

Nia is a very good, complex character. I liked the way you handled her backstory. I like her interaction with the established characters, not becoming buddy-buddy with them all. Putting Owen in his place was sweet! The way Jack is confused? On one level, it serves him right to be the one confused for a change. On another level, poor guy! He's showing more restraint than is usual for him, but acceptable given his history with Nia.

Hm, it seems that you are inserting Nia into the canon, and nicely, I think. It was interesting seeing her come to grips with the "new" model of Doctor and Martha. Nicely done.

I find myself wondering where your story is headed. Will she be another loss for Jack to mourn? Did getting so much of his blood make her longer lived? Does she have some kind of ESP and from what source? (What is ECT, by the way?) Also, love that she empathizes or reads or understands the Weevils and Terry! Wonder if she could do that all her life, so what about pets? I bet it is safer for her to empathize with animals and aliens than people, but from reading about and dealing with ESP all my life I have to assume she has a hell of a shield to block out human thoughts/emotions.

Being a confirmed Jack/Ianto reader, I was sorry to see Jack move on from Ianto, but it was logical and well done. Might be nice to find someone for him or see more of him dealing with his feelings of hurt from being replaced by Nia and hopefully moving on.

I haven't had time to read any Dr Who fan fiction, but I begin to see that the Doctor changed from Eccleston to Tennant. I watched the shows, but spaced out a bit, so I mostly just enjoyed the show without too much contemplation. Sure wish I could get my hands on all the ones Jack was in. He certainly changed from the bravo and con man he was first painted! (Though he's still a con man, when he wants to be.) It is interesting to see the changes in the Doctor through Nia's eyes.

This is by far the longest review I've ever done! Keep up the good writing, and congratulation on "stretching" yourself to write. I think you have inspired me to so some of that stretching myself.
Slashbaby chapter 9 . 3/15/2008
I'm so so so so so so so so so so so so so sorry about your mom! I love the story though. I'm looking forward to new chapters when your back on your feet.
Joel McHale chapter 9 . 2/29/2008
Oh my god, I'm so sorry. I know you don't know me but you can PM at anytime if you feel like it. I hate it when sadness is weighed on someone. -Tasha
Skystrike26 chapter 9 . 2/24/2008
Yo, I'm really sorry about your mom. I love your stories but take all the time you need.

My condolinces,

Skystrike26
bbmcowgirl chapter 9 . 2/24/2008
I'm so sorry about your mum. It's so hard. My prayers and thoughts are with you. Just take all the time you need. We'll all be here when you're ready.

Judy