Reviews for One Small Death
GrrHatLet chapter 1 . 4/9/2013
This story was so haunting. It makes you ache for Tom. By the end I wanted to hold him and tell him it would be alright :(
Sachita chapter 1 . 9/8/2011
Hello there :) This story made me feel for little Tom. The repetition of "Bird" worked nicely to create a very gloomy atmosphere for this fic. This sentence was really marvellously-done: "he can hear sadness in her voice, but also acceptance, because, pretty though she may be, she's still a grown-up, and grown-ups accept things like poor, sick birds." It juxtaposes the way a child sees the world very well with the point of view of adults. I suppose it's just something no one can prevent-becoming callous to the ways of the word because it's a way of self-protection but there is no way Tom at age three can know about that. You captured him very well and have me longing to give him a big hug (although he probably wouldn't like that) ! Great job! :)
NikkiMarie chapter 1 . 8/25/2009
That made my cry
Avindara Nirvene chapter 1 . 5/6/2008
*sniff* poor tom.. "he can hear sadness in her voice, but also acceptance, because, pretty though she may be, she's still a grown-up, and grown-ups accept things like poor, sick birds." love that line ;)

one small typo: "Tom knows she's getting the Headmistriss." :)

other than that, perfectly lovely :)

anie.
10101010101 chapter 1 . 2/4/2008
Very haunting and intense. It was marvelously written and the repetition of 'bird' and 'death' definitely triggers some emotions.

Thank you for the good read. :)

Turtle
bonnie-incognito chapter 1 . 2/2/2008
Aww! Very sad... :( Incredibly cute though. :) I loved the repetition of things like 'bird' and 'death'. The song was brilliant, completely appropriate! Great job...

ps. Congrats, you can now graduate from the RL. :)
Espoir Noir chapter 1 . 2/2/2008
Intense! Beautifully written, you've captured his despair wonderfully. It's funny how much little things can change us, isn't it? Very thought provoking, thank-you!
The-banana-llama chapter 1 . 2/2/2008
I read this and it nearly made me cry at the end. It is great how you've delved deeper into lord voldemort and his past. I like this story very much.

Beaglezrok x
Heart4Happiness chapter 1 . 2/2/2008
So sad and chilling.

I like how you've shown early signs of evil but made him an innocent child at the same time.
mackgirl chapter 1 . 2/1/2008
Wow, I can't believe I feel sorry for him. I think you did a great job on this story, and captured a three year old well. To think the first death he saw was a little bird :(
MatoakaWilde chapter 1 . 2/1/2008
Hm, it was interesting. I was kind of torn between feeling Tom would be less sad about the death of the bird, and really more fascintated by the death of an animal. It made me think, so it's not bad!
dancingcarrot21 chapter 1 . 2/1/2008
How sad. In a good way though. I love the metaphors though, even if they were depressing. It's nice to see such a different perspective of Riddle, since you only see him in teen years or older.
BlindingPinkObsession chapter 1 . 10/28/2007
a truly chilling story- amazing
mustardgirl1128 chapter 1 . 10/26/2007
oh, this is such a sad story! good job!
Frayed Misfit chapter 1 . 8/31/2007
What a hauntingly sad fic, I really enjoy Tom Riddle fics because there is so much horror and sadness in his past, no one is just evil for the sake of it, they are made that way because of their surroundings. You have written a wonderful explanation of his fascination towards death.

It was a simple pleasure to read!