Reviews for Resolution
Kismet23 chapter 1 . 6/17/2007
Oh, you evil girl, you! Making me feel sorry for this ho-bag with her hands on Alex' man! Heh. Okay, I get it in the timeline of your universe, but still...step back, woman! Sorry; I'm a little wacky. Anyway, as always, beautifully-written story, with your usual knack for lovely and elegant words and in-depth, true characterizations. An excellent job.
gorengal chapter 1 . 6/4/2007
Oh, dear...I'm so looking forward to Lex. Don't give up!

I loved this piece. You're doing a wonderful job filling in the pathways that journey through your BA universe.
InfinityStar chapter 1 . 6/3/2007
I really feel for Bobby and Denise. His confusion was funny...reassuring that not even the brilliant Bobby Goren can understand his woman. It's sad that he can't tell her he loves her but I give the man a great deal of respect for not saying something he doesn't feel. Bobby has integrity, and that's a good thing. I had to laugh when he got the feeling that confronting her naked could be hazardous to his anatomy. At least he has enough on the ball to know when he's pissed her off, even if he couldn't figure out how or why. In his defense, I can see why he'd be clueless to start with. There was nothing to give him any clue he did anything wrong while making love to her. Guys certainly don't think like we do, and not saying her name isn't something that would occur to him and was probably not even conscious on his part. "You're bringing someone else to my bed." That's hitting the nail on the head and slamming it home for him. I really feel bad for him, having a relationship he enjoyed end that way, because he's in love with another woman, a woman beyond his reach. But I can understand Denise, too. Falling in love with him, and not having him reciprocate, is heartbreaking. She did the right thing for her. But poor Bobby...
Thompson the Nemisis chapter 1 . 5/29/2007
Yep, that's Bobby. Thinking he's got everything hidden and stowed away from view, especially from women? Poor Bobby still has some learning to do, lol.
boohoo650 chapter 1 . 5/28/2007
Oh you're such a tease. I was so hoping for a brief second that this was one of your standalone BA pieces. However, even though this was not that, this was fantastic. I thought it was very strong of Denise to break it off with Bobby, and I thought it equally strong of him not to beg her to stay. At least he realized where his heart was in the end.
bammi1 chapter 1 . 5/28/2007
This is kind of sad. I feel bad for Bobby, because he never seems to find love or happiness. I really like Denise. I wish he could love her, she obviously loves him. Then maybe he could find the happiness that seems to have eluded him all of his life.

Good story. Sad, but good!
charlieboy chapter 1 . 5/28/2007
Love it! You say so much, with so few words.
The Confused One chapter 1 . 5/27/2007
Wow. God, they this was palpable. I loved it. God, they were so stubborn. *cries* I love your work, but your series just kills me. LOL :) Another beautiful installment. :)
deliriousdancer chapter 1 . 5/27/2007
Complete? Without finding out how Bobby resolves this dilemma of his heart? Without Bobby finally whispering the right name in the right ear? Without Bobby knowing that losing Denise (a name I appreciate LOCI using as a romantic attachement to Bobby), was not in vain? Without Denise knowing that even though she is not the one, Bobby does find true love and happiness? Without Alex knowing the thrill of being in Bobby's arms? How can this be complete with so many unresolved issues?
untapdtreasure chapter 1 . 5/27/2007
This is just...wow! thank you for sharing. I love all your work
Scripted Starlet chapter 1 . 5/27/2007
I feel so badly for Denise. It's not her fault she's caught in the crossfire, and women know when something's up. I thought this was a very honest and thoughtful depiction of two lovers not in the same sphere. Poor Goren. He's still a great guy but his unrelenting passion for Alex has led him to become semi self-centered. That's why he doesn't catch on to what Denise is really getting at and why he's so adamant to deny it. He doesn't want to be that person. But so long as he's not with the woman he actually belongs with he will continue to be. I very much enjoy how you keep throwing these stories in mid-series. This totally foreshadows B&A's actual resolution conversation in "After", right?

P.S. Kudos on quoting Tolstoy.
Kerst chapter 1 . 5/27/2007
oh no, You can't stop here. There need to be more of this story, hopefully with Bobby and Alex getting together at the end ;) I loved this chapter. And not only because, I love to torture Bobby, although it's a big part of it ;) I like how you wrote him. How even in the middle of everything he was still thinking about plesuring his partner amd than when she was confronting him about what he let slip that she figured out that he wasn't really there with her. great job!
kateBA chapter 1 . 5/27/2007
I don't know about this. You know I love your writing, but this whole idea of Bobby loves Alex but he is with other women while he is thinking of her never rang true for me. Unlike the others yours is a little more reasonable because it seems to be that Bobby is just coming into this realization. But still, it took long enough you might say. I also don't believe that the relationship with Denise was long term.
moonstone2148 chapter 1 . 5/27/2007
Well written - kept me attentive all the way through! Your words paint an emotive & evocative picture - Hope there's more of this thread in either another chapter or in your work to follow in your sequal Lex Talionis. Take care, GG
Metisse chapter 1 . 5/27/2007
It's never complete to me until Bobby and Alex are in each other's arms. LOL

Good one, though. Had me all happy until Denise walked out of the bathroom. :-)