Reviews for Lunch Break
SpiritualEnergy chapter 1 . 2/28/2008
I always loved the Hiro-Nathan interaction in season one; it was one of my favorite relationships in the show, even if it was a bit odd and quirky. You captured both of them perfectly here. I could see this all play out in my head - Nathan worrying about Peter, Hiro talking about the "car of destiny," and then the two of them over a plate of waffles. It was cute and silly and I loved it.

Great work! :D
Mike Coppola chapter 1 . 12/27/2007
That was really funny. Hiro was spot on and Nathan seemed to secretly be enjoying that. I loved Hiro/Nathan during Season 1, I hope we see some more of them.
Handful of Silence chapter 1 . 12/23/2007
I thought this was a realy great fic. Not many people can capture Hiro's innocence, Niavity and bad english all in one but nyou pulled it off. Congrats!
CosimaBlackfyre chapter 1 . 11/15/2007
haha that was cute. Hiro is the best; I love him .
cirana chapter 1 . 11/10/2007
gd fic
michellio chapter 1 . 10/8/2007
Aw what a cute story!

Hiro & Nathan are love! You have their personalities down perfectly and I could see something like this happening on the show. :)
Laura-Jay chapter 1 . 9/27/2007
heh heh heh! Any time Hiro calls Nathan 'Flying Man' makes me laugh for ages.

This was great. Nathan's line 'you still want to save new york?' at the end was funny. Nice one.

I've never had a waffle before, but they sound good!
Queen of the Shadylands chapter 1 . 9/14/2007
Utterly Delightful. You got the characters down so well, which I bet is quite difficult for Nathan. Definatly a scene that should have been in the series. lOved the way you put 'Nathan needed to be educated in the ways of the waffle' and the whole taxi section. The brunch arrangement is a bit sad though knowing the end of the series.
Comedy Kitty chapter 1 . 9/12/2007
oh my god. perfect. just perfect. EVERYTHING. I particularly love the fact that Hiro wants HQ to be at Max Brenners (aka my favorite place in the world). You nailed their voices. Fantastic job! :D
Hieiko chapter 1 . 7/21/2007
This is wonderful. It just breaks my heart that the last time they met, Hiro thought Nathan was a villain, and hadn't been there when Nathan saved them all...
Nelja chapter 1 . 6/14/2007
I absolutely adore it.

The relationship between Hiro and Nathan is perfect - exactly like in the series, but more deeply explored.
pmaniac chapter 1 . 6/9/2007
Very cute. I enjoyed it a lot! Nathan is a very complex character, but I think you captured his mindset at that point of the show quite perfectly.

I loved the parallels Nathan draws between Hiro and Peter. I think it adds a little more depth to the Nathan and Hiro not-quite-friendship.
O'doyle the Fox chapter 1 . 6/8/2007
The taxi driver confusing Hiro as being Chinese and the "Car of Destiny" lines were funny.
brodie-wan chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
I love the Nathan/Hiro scenes in season 1. At first, I thought this was going to be a extended scene from the diner in Las Vegas, but I was pleasantly surprised.

you capture not only Hiro exuberance, but Nathan's inability to completely ignore it. Nathan is such an interesting character. Conflicted, but always leaning toward doing the right thing.

He cannot help but get caught up in Hiro's story. I also really enjoyed the little glimpse into Nathan's upbringing and how regimented his diet was.

Great Story. Excellent ending.
cassie89 chapter 1 . 5/31/2007