Reviews for The Dark Wars: Empire's Plight
biblioholic chapter 7 . 11/28/2014
Are there no women soldiers in the army?
Sammyboy94 chapter 12 . 10/29/2014
Love it
rlchala chapter 12 . 8/25/2014
You had me hooked by just reading the summary. The brief historical records at the beg fining of each chapter are a brilliant and fun idea. Although there wasn't much time for character development, you did wanders in creating and giving depth to your universe.

I'll be starting the next installment soon
Sirwalterbeck chapter 6 . 8/9/2014
by chance did you happen to read the Bernard Cornwell series which also happened to feature a rifleman called Sharpe?

i do enjoy a good war story and a cunning general is a wonderful bonus.
Tifah 98 chapter 6 . 7/20/2014
U r an AMAZING WRITER"! I soooooo love how u portray harry"! Plus im a BIG fan of harryxginny :)
Also I love that little war song at the end I memorized it!
Sammyboy94 chapter 5 . 4/30/2014
I understand the import the ME bullet plays in the story. But a normal 5.56mm from an M-16 or a 7.62 from an M-14 will still kill anything within 500 meters wizard or not.
FinalGuardian chapter 3 . 12/21/2013
SHARPE! XD HAHA! My favorite fictional military character.
sunneedee chapter 7 . 12/7/2013
Marvellous writing, wonderful battle scenes. If only the plot was better. The blind patriotism is starting to make me twitch.
sunneedee chapter 5 . 12/7/2013
I'm really not sure if this is a sequel or not. I'm guessing not, but how can Harry and Ginny be married if this isn't a time travelling fic somehow? If he's 16, she's certainly not of age. I'm also confused about why Harry is acting like a 30 something man, and why Hogwarts students are so impressed at the army's old fashioned guns. Surely magic would beat them? Modern day machine guns now...
sunneedee chapter 4 . 12/7/2013
This is really confusing! How does Harry know the mysterious Gryffindor female? How can he be married?

Also, I'm not sure how to take all the patriotism from the students. I'm not sure whether they are like that because this is an AU, as young people are definitely not like that towards the monarchy in the uk, or because the author is not British and doesn't realise that most young people are indifferent or disdainful towards the royalty. Maybe this is the way it would have been in the 1940's but I definitely could not imagine anyone I know behaving like that
The Defenestrated Typewriter chapter 5 . 11/5/2013
Rotating fire tactics don't increase the number of shots fired, they just spread them out over time. Instead of having a group of 5 soldiers fire of a volley of shots every 5 seconds you have 5 soldiers rotating who shoots so you have 1 soldier firing of 1 shot each second. both groups are still firing of 5 shots a second just one group has spread the shots out over time.
Sorcerer's Muse chapter 4 . 4/30/2013
Really, we don't get to know just who Harry's spy/wife is? Cruel.
Sorcerer's Muse chapter 3 . 4/30/2013
Many questions that I will simply wait to see the answers for.
Sorcerer's Muse chapter 2 . 4/30/2013
Lots of contradictions in your first two chapters. Nevile was Dumbledore's savior in chapter one. He learns Harry is alive and suddenly Harry is the savior. Is your prophecy the same as JKR's? If so was Nevile ever marked by the dark lord such that it would lead Dumbledore to think he was the savior? How exactly do Lily and James have adult children when Harry is still an infant? They were only in their twenties at the time Voldemort came for Harry which means, baring time travel, that Lily was pregnant with Harry's older brothers between the ages of 3 and 6. The one thing I think I'm glad of so far is that you seem intent on showing the great and might wizads, Snape inparticualr, just how bad ass us Muggles can be.
LordDerrick chapter 8 . 2/21/2013
Harry's speeches leave me enthralled.