Reviews for 23: Return
Eternal Density chapter 51 . 1/5/2008
:D x 10 for Gordon (and Anika)

the second part, about the dig, sounds like it could go interesting places. perhaps it's timee for "24: Insert Story Title Here", Chapter 1.

oh and Teena's driving is both funny and scary!
Tikatu chapter 51 . 1/3/2008
Sounds like we're gearing up for some action with the guys - perhaps a trip to the pole to rescue Royce? A mission to South America for the dig (and helping Teena?).

Great to see Royce, and Anika, both alive and well, and that Anika is willing to wait for Gordon (you are pairing them all off, aren't you?). And Virgil with Teena... and consequences? Hmm. Looks like a lot to come in the next installment - and after this, I'm sure there'll be one!
Tikatu chapter 50 . 1/3/2008
An interesting way to end the story, MG! Setting us up for the next adventure, especially with Penny looking for Red Path's leader, getting to him before he can get to her.

I loved Linda's internal thoughts. The painful emptiness will continue to worry, I'm sure. Will we, the readers, ever know what Penny "had" on him?

Lovely visit with Tin-Tin and Janie at the end. Figures the little one would love swimming; it'll make her a favorite with Uncle Gordon for sure.

I hope you'll have more coming, once you've settled back into the routine of life after the holidays.
Eternal Density chapter 50 . 1/3/2008
the first section is pretty much to be expected (typical behaviour of your Penny. poor Francois, but he's kinda expendable)

the second is indeed concerning, though it certainly make sense. Linda sure isn't in a simple situation, plus a memory alteration really doesn't fix everything.

the third section is just cute :D

good stuff, ED
Sam1 chapter 50 . 1/3/2008
Well, I hope that Penny stays out of John's life for good. Didn't like her at all in this story...conniving, no-good wench.

Oh, I so want things to work out well for John and Linda. They may have started off shaky but they're good for each other. And Janie is just the child that they both need.

I'm glad that Janie has finally adapted to Urf and has accepted Timpin so well. That last bit was wonderful, MG.
cathrl chapter 49 . 1/2/2008
Aww, poor Sharon. But I love that your characters are human and fallible. I'm never sure whether they're all going to survive, even the main ones. And that's a very good thing.

Scott's no idiot - he figured Five out right away. And what Five said to him is pretty worrying - looks like she thinks she knows what John would do in any given situation. Let's hope she's right, and that she doesn't decide that asking him is optional. She's so powerful, it's going to be a major problem if she's ever badly wrong.

Janie is a hoot. I especially like that she's the one correcting John's language, given that presumably the idea of him not being supposed to use it is so that she doesn't hear it in the first place... She's definitely inherited the brains of both parents.

Come on,'ve figured that you want to do more with your life than just report the latest go marry a man whose family actually DOES that! Though, going away for a while may be the best thing (for Scott) that she could do. Much better that she learns firsthand she doesn't like life without him, than that she stays, always wondering whether she should have left.

And is Gordon ever going to recover fully?

There's another story in the pipeline, right? Very much hoping for one.
Eternal Density chapter 49 . 12/30/2007
this story was more than a partial success.

happy new year indeed
Eternal Density chapter 48 . 12/29/2007
Hope Anika is still well. And yay for Five!

unless she's actually about to make things worse by mistake :P but you wouldn't do that... since there's about to be an epilogue...

p.s. enjoy my latest MP update
Tikatu chapter 48 . 12/29/2007
Wow! Very descriptive here, very tactile. "Sick as two sorts of wretched scabby dog", "heat like reentry" all telling us just how bad Gordon and John feel in words that sound so in character for both.

Looks bad for the others, though, for Anika, Cindy, Royce, Dr. Floyd... I guess we just need to sit back and see who lives, if anyone does. And Five dosing everyone with the bootleg cure? Not the brightest of ideas, especially if it doesn't work...

Epilogue to this story, but I doubt to the rest of the arc. After all, there are still weddings to hold, aren't there?
Tikatu chapter 47 . 12/28/2007
Well, tension on several different fronts now. The line "...Only this time, John wasn't quite fast enough or alert enough" makes me wonder just how he wasn't either. And Penny definitely has a problem. I wonder who the "hostages" are and which one has died. Elspeth? Parker? Fran├žois? Who else has been in her life that means something to her?

Great update, MG. Sitting on the edge of my seat for the next one.
Eternal Density chapter 47 . 12/28/2007
i really love T's examples of things that can no longer happen now that she is cured. she has a humourous manner indeed!

looks like Penny's in a bit of trouble. still, i hope she comes out alright in the end. after all, she's Penny, and capable of getting herself out of anything.

Eternal Density chapter 45 . 12/26/2007
Fielding causing trouble for Penny is definitely an interesting concept :D
Eternal Density chapter 46 . 12/26/2007
some great stuff in this chapter. I like the Tracy-boy banter and the scene between Five and T is great. I have always liked the way you do Five's speech patterns. Ended on a good note too :D
cathrl chapter 46 . 12/26/2007
oh, wow...hope Linda never finds out her memory's been altered on John's behalf. Even if he had nothing to do with it, that would be BAD.

Penny, though, that's going to involve a lot of changes and significant problems with consistency checking. I hope Tin-Tin's up to the job.

Loved the interaction between the brothers. They've got John figured in a way Jeff's not even close to.

And maybe John can persuade Grandma the wedding happened first? Strange thing, time dilation :)
Tikatu chapter 46 . 12/25/2007
Now that was a lovely twist, though I'm not sure what kind of fallout will result. Five messing with reality, dealing with "randomness", and not doing it herself but through another. I wonder if that "deep bruise" will heal, and what Penelope's response to the intrusion will be.

Lovely description of Five through Tin-Tin's eyes, very visual. Emphasizes Five's youth and inexperience, much like Tin-Tin's own. That line, "John Tracy is free of error", gives me shivers.

Now onto what Fielding and the remains of Red Path have in store for our heroes.