Reviews for Promised
tanpopo no hana chapter 1 . 2/3/2008
Beautifully written. Well, as always, I'm afraid I might get used to your high standard...

God how I wish I knew how Kripke is going to get Dean out of this. I'd sell my... ah, no, maybe not. But however it'll work out your take on how they cope with the time in between was great.
calcium77 chapter 1 . 6/14/2007
I could see Sam being so obsessed. Great story!
Lilly B chapter 1 . 6/4/2007
i really liked your take on the reasoning behind sam's behavior and dean's realization that maybe he didn't save sam at all by making that deal. you did an awesome job!
Alachai chapter 1 . 6/2/2007
Oh, I'm sorry it took me so long to find this...It's absolutely beautiful! And no doubt, it is how Sam would act. The last note was perfect as well.

So…Like it! Well, the manipulating can be done more on the Limp!Sam boards ; -)

-Andrea
Joella chapter 1 . 6/1/2007
Oh Faye, You had me in tears. The scales are gone from both the boys' eyes and now the truth is killing them. Ver well written though I hope Kripke pulls a realy cool rabbit out of his hate cause angst like this will be the death of me. Glad the ladies convinced you to post it.

Joella
angel679 chapter 1 . 5/31/2007
Everybody is making me cry tonight. Jeesh my head can't take much more crying. I loved the end that they would be fighting for each other and they would make it or die trying. I loved it.
friendly chapter 1 . 5/31/2007
that was really really good..

great job
Annonie chapter 1 . 5/30/2007
This was just beautiful. I love how you show Sam never giving up and Dean trying to get Sam to live. It was such a perfect characterization for both of them.
IMTheresa chapter 1 . 5/30/2007
It will be interesting to see how the show handles what could be Dean's last year... and how Sam will react to everything. Clearly he was more violent than we'd ever seen him when he killed Jake, but was it merely anger or something more? I guess we'll find out, and in the meantime we have fic!
carocali chapter 1 . 5/29/2007
I certainly think you've nailed it on the head when you say that Sam will not sleep until he's found the answer to his brother's dilemma. And how will that be resolved? Will it kill him in the process? Hopefully they'll find the answer in the remaining 9 months and 25 days.

:D

Caroline
JJ Phoenix chapter 1 . 5/29/2007
Very realistic... if Sam can't save Dean, I don't imagine his soul being very far behind his brother's. Their bond is their greatest strength but also their biggest weakness, and it makes me think of Dean's "throw-away" line in Roadkill: "...when WE take the plunge." As sad as it is, I don't see either of these boys really LIVING without the other. Sniff.

- me
Brigid Tanner chapter 1 . 5/29/2007
Beautiful.
50boys chapter 1 . 5/29/2007
Another beautiful story. "Sam was self destructing. At this rate he wouldn't make it a full year. At his rate, Dean wasn't sure he wanted him to." I do believe this will be played out in season 3. I only wish you were writing it.
Dream Horizon chapter 1 . 5/29/2007
Hi Faye

Well I am sure I love this fic...I promise!

Seriously I think you have hit such a true note with this one and captured the consequences and emotional repercussions so well. I can easily imagine Sam changing as you described and how the deal was really for both souls. Simply perfect!

Adore the repeated use of time, and promise, broken and keep...makes this such a powerful piece of writing.

And the end - 'This time they'd fight for each other. This time they'd do it together. This time, they had no choice. That was a promise he'd keep, they'd both keep, or die trying.'

What can I say lady, you absolutely blew me away!

thanks for sharing!

Dream
Robin chapter 1 . 5/29/2007
Oh, God, this was hard to read. Hard to imagine, but very probable to see happening. A very insightful, realistic story here, and so heartbreaking, too. Masterfully written! Robin