Reviews for Lost and Gained
InTheMomentIWrite chapter 1 . 5/31/2012
Not gonna lie, I'm bawling my eyes out here. You really are an amazing writer!
Madders Ahatter chapter 1 . 2/11/2011
Awesome!

I took it for granted you'd get Danny/Vala and co spot on, but you capture Cassie perfectly too.

Very emotional story, but without going OTT into sappiness.

My eyes were moist, and my arms ached to hug poor Danny.

Well done.
Stargate Fan chapter 1 . 1/13/2009
Wow! I don't know if I can express if words how deeply moving this is and how I'm glad my husband already went to bed because if he saw me right now… Let me try… With all the stuff going on in the world right now, this is a perfect example of how those left behind have to deal with being left behind. My nephew was severely injured in Iraq, he'll never be the same mentally or physically. He was in a coma for weeks and had so many injuries that my sister and brother-in-law flew to Germany - sure that they would be bringing his body home - but he survived - against all odds. He's like a 12 year old now and just as sweet and kind as always. But, when he eventually found out that the other three guys in the vehicle were killed - well, he went through survivor's guilt and anger and everything else that a grieving person would go through - and then some.

Daniel's reaction is exactly what I would expect. His circumstance was only slightly different in that he didn't get physically injured during the attack that killed Janet. But, being the sensitive character that he is in the series, I think he would have behave exactly as you've portrayed him in your story. Bravo! Well done! It's an amazing tale of heartbreak and pain and I love how his family surrounded him with their love and compassion! Thank you for writing this.
Octarina4eva chapter 1 . 5/30/2007
Wow... that was beautiful. I don't usually read non-fluff fics but that was gorgeous, emotion, sad and totally romantic, with all the character captured perfectly. Loved it.
BettyHall223 chapter 1 . 5/29/2007
That was sad but very good.
starjems88 chapter 1 . 5/29/2007
that was a sad and beautiful story!
StanaTorv chapter 1 . 5/29/2007
thats really sad but really awesome. i hope u continue this one too lol

:D sam
hariboo chapter 1 . 5/28/2007
Oh this was lovely. Such a beautiful moment between the team. If you intended this to be amazing, then you did it. I loved the last line, perfect. Very touching.

And the bit at Kawalsky's grave was love. Sweet, sad and with just the right amount of humor to honor their friend.

I loved how supporting Vala was at Janet's grave when Daniel seemed to breaking down. That's one of my favorite thing about their relationship- how they always get each other and are there for each other with or with out words. (sorry if that last bit is confusing, I think my brain is shutting down on me).
alygator86 chapter 1 . 5/28/2007