Reviews for Blood Red Summer
Foxfire01 chapter 10 . 9/7/2012
OMG this story is so amazing and badass. I wish you had continued it. You write Alex so well, and your Paige is on point too. And I love your Ellie so much. Cynical and sarcastic, and as Alex pointed out, able to call people out on what's going on with them before they even know it. Chapter 9 was perfection. Funny enough, me and my best buddy just watched Sleepaway Camp again recently, heh. I could easily picture Alex being all badass and soldier-like and killing to protect Paige. Man I wish there was more of this story.
gschelt chapter 10 . 11/7/2009
dykelchuck made me laugh for about 10 years. did you make that up yourself?
GsDestiny chapter 10 . 2/17/2009
Oh my...Another battle royale fic O...But it's still very interesting! Please update soon! I hope they (Paige&Alex) somehow manage to survive...BOTH of them...though from other BR fics I've read it doesn't seem likely at the moment. Oh well, I can still hope. Nice story.
12345678921498329432 chapter 1 . 8/10/2008
this is really good

I'm dieing herewaiting for the next chapter

please post another chapter soon

]]]
12345678921498329432 chapter 10 . 7/29/2008
so i read this degrassi fic about battle royale and i was like this is pretty good so far

only if the writer was a palex lover... then i would absolutely love it

then i found this and i think i died of joy

battle royale and palex...thats awesome

and im loving it so far

but im not sure if i could ever see snake the same again

post more soon

it is really really really good

]]]]]]]]]
mavryck5 chapter 10 . 3/28/2008
Awesome. Please keep going.
dr.evil99 chapter 10 . 2/6/2008
Okay, right off, you're hittin' 'em out of the park, to continue Alex's baseball analogy. That first paragraph works to perfection, because it puts us right in her headspace, bringing up all the crap she's lived through, but doesn't drown us in her past misery. After all, things are going to be bad enough in the here and now...

And, enter Archibald. And damn, you've integrated him here perfectly. (Slight detour here, how many people go from "Snake" to "Archibald" and get MORE threatening? Just this guy, I'd say.) You said you were going for menace with him, and I think you got it, with plenty to spare. Really, you couldn't have made him any better here. The way you blended him into the BR-verse, it's really masterful.

(Oh, nice allusion to Little Shop of Horrors, too!)

Poor JT, someone pulls a switchblade, and it always goes bad for him. Kid's got balls, can't take that from him, but he has yet to learn that sometimes discretion is the better part of Valor. But, again, this is the perfect way to allude to the classic BR-verse. And really, I think that's what this chapter was all about. In fact, I'd wager that quite a few people who've been reading this that are unfamiliar with the Manga/Movie were taken aback by all this.

This is quite simply, amazing. I mean, you've take two fandoms that are about as far from each other as it gets, and integrated them, and honestly, this WORKS, better than I think even better than I was expecting. Kid, I am positively salivating for the future chapters of this. EXCELLENT!
Eggman Oyu Castle chapter 10 . 2/6/2008
Yes. I read this the other day, adn I can't wait to read more of this, it's all fantaastic! You must write more! Ugh.
JesusShotTheSherrif chapter 9 . 2/5/2008
Oh! I just remembered another part that I loved: Rick's dialogue. Lol, Rick is so funny and I miss him on the show. I love when he lists things. Please please let him do more listing before he dies?

Also, I'm interested to know Terri's back story. I'm not sure if I'm remembering the correct timeline, but I think Terri was on the bus, right? I want to know what happened with her.
JesusShotTheSherrif chapter 10 . 2/5/2008
Wow.

I've seen this around but was never in the mood for a BR story, but I am so glad I read it!

I read the whole thing today between my classes, so I can't remember all the amazing things you've done with this timeline and the characters, but I can say for sure Alex's backstory, Paige and Alex getting drunk and watching 80s horror, Hazel's takeover of the SS (with Heather Sinclaire lol), jeez everything about this is great.

Not to mention the dialogue. Hilarious AND in character.

The last chapter was crazy too. It actually upset me, which shows how well you've done this. I thought it was really clever how Jay and Peter are the transfer students. Actually, everything about this is clever.

I can't wait for more! KEEP WRITING THIS.
They-Call-Me-Orange chapter 10 . 2/4/2008
Kick. Ass.

For serious, I missed this thing so bad. Glad you're writing it again. And this chapter was totally worth the wait. Love how you're so effortlessly (or at least that's how it reads) combining the film with Degrassi. Fantastic, and Alex's jaded/martayr/badass/non-Vagina-ness is cool. She'd kick Shuya's ass and feed him to her lizards. Because I've decided she should own lizards. I'm going to end this review before I get into some weird tangent about how Iguanas are the icons of badassary everywhere.

-Orange
fiction-fiend chapter 10 . 2/3/2008
As a grade 11 in currently enrolled in the Canadian school system... yikes. lol.

My friend linked me to this fic awhile ago and I was hooked. Glad you finally updated. I thought the chapter was super intense and I already love Protector!Alex. I wanna see her do some dirty work to protect her Paige. Can't wait to see how the Battle Royale thing plays out and I'm anxiously awaiting your next update. Hopefully your real life doesn't steal you away for too long!
Lavenderangel chapter 9 . 11/29/2007
Well, that was just all kinds of awesome. I've seen this around, but from the summary, I took it to be some weird I don't know, Saw rip off with Degrassi overtones.

And then I read the first chapter.

And now, it is 5AM, and I am high on Palex lurve and mucho impressed by your writing. Thank you for the prettiness, cannot wait for more.
Eggman Oyu Castle chapter 9 . 11/8/2007
Well, geezes. This is crazy aweseome. But I've never seen Battle Royale, so I wonder what I've screwed myself into. I'm really anxious to read more of this! And I feel too stupid, at the moment, to make another comment/whatever.
xekari chapter 9 . 10/22/2007
Wow, this story is just amazing.

I love how you can go from ultra-serious scenes that make me want to cry to hilarious bits that nearly knock me out of my chair, without missing a beat.

Even though all of the characters are obviously AU, you've kept them all close enough to canon to preserve their most endearing traits. The interaction between the characters is at times touching or funny, but always so very real.

This latest chapter actually had me laughing out loud a few times, not something that happens often when I'm reading fanfic. I especially loved the bit about Alex's thoughts when she shows up at Paige's house and has to talk to Dylan.

I can't wait to read your next update. Thanks for sharing this incredibly entertaining story with us.