Reviews for A Road Either to Safety Or to Ruin
Blinded in a bolthole chapter 1 . 6/28/2014
An excellent read that carried the sense of RotTK rather nicely.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/3/2014
Great fic. The way you portray the characters is wonderful. The emotions are palpable and I love the dynamic of the confrontation between them. And it's a nice touch when you reveal the identity of the scholar :) There are so few RoTK fics here and even less which are well-written, thanks do much for writing this!
DNAzne chapter 1 . 6/7/2013
I really enjoyed this, despite being a Shu fan primarily, and it's refreshing to see Xiao Qiao get her dues in intelligence when she's far too often relegated to a background role. You also seem to have a good grasp on the historical (semi-historical?) events behind the conquest of Shu and ZGL's eventual fate, which is quite rare in RoTK-related fic in general. D:

One nitpick I'd have is that "Xiao" is a diminutive, not a name, so "Xiao Qiao" literally means "little Qiao", or "younger daughter of the Qiao elder". Unfortunately, her real name is unknown, so I understand it was either this or "Lady Qiao".

(and of course I'm six years late)
alljuststories chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
This is great. I haven't read Romance of the 3 Kingdoms for a long time... well, I haven't even read the original version, but Zhuge Liang was perfectly in character. I love it :D
Brilliant chapter 1 . 7/26/2009
Aquatic-Idealist chapter 1 . 4/8/2008
Quite interesting... Quite interesting indeed. Xiao seems rather vicious, which is a good thing considering what Dynasty Warriors did to her.

Speaking of which, though I detest those games in general, Dynasty Warriors is where Romance of the 3 Kingdoms fans have gathered now. If you'd like to get more hits or reviews for your works related to this subject, you could go there.
Crystallia Silver chapter 1 . 8/18/2007
" Xiao Qiao is so impressive in this story." This is what I kept thinking while reading. Everything about her emotions and words was palpable and powerful, I could feel her pain, rage and also her love for Zhou Yu.

I believe the reason why Xiao Qiao fascinated me so much in this fic, is because during the time I was reading the novel, I have always liked to imagine her as a strong, mature, thoughtful woman and very caring with her husband. This description is very close to how you developped her personality.

Although I could understand Xiao's motivation and views, I also think that Zhuge Liang's responses were realistic and logical (for example, Xiao accused him for the death of her husband, but I believe Zhou Yu was completely responsible for his health). The Shu strategist has an equally dynamique role in the story.

The plot appeared interesting from the beginning despite that the identity of the two initial characters was "hidden". Your ending was good.
BlackBird'292 chapter 1 . 7/5/2007
Very well written. I was touched by those emotions that you wrote.

Keep on writing!