Reviews for Bittersweet Memories
truthsetfree chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
Interesting and original, casting his dead friends as Furies.

Really cool.
asterisms chapter 1 . 4/17/2011
It's stories like this that make me feel so bad for Peter. I think you captured his personality well. Thanks for sharing.

D
JustKeepOnTheGrass chapter 1 . 9/26/2009
love this :D
Ginnyloveswriting chapter 1 . 7/5/2008
I imagine that Peter must face something like that. It must be terrible…being him. All alone. But he did it to himself. (shivers) It is a scary way to live life, it is, serving Voldemort and your conscience gnawing away you like that…

Amazing story,
Steel-BonedSelaneen chapter 1 . 2/5/2008
It was nice to see Peter explored a little...
fragilestrength chapter 1 . 10/6/2007
Oh, wow. I think I hit a little pocket of sad fics in your list, hmm?

Well. We've already had a good deal of chit-chat about how Peter (at the very least, and probably the very most) deserves to be acknowledged, and I love this piece for just that. One has to look at Peter from an objectional point of view. One has to realize that - although we, most likely, cannot hope to fathom it, - Peter had a reason for turning James, Lily and Harry into Voldyshorts, and at the time, at least, it made sense.

But this is really, really well written. And you're right - everything sort of washes away at dawn, doesn't it? And now you've sent a plot bunny after me - I'm desperately itching to right a little fic-let about how Peter and Snape share .something. for both being a part of turning people they loved over to be killed.

Dang you.

XD

Beautiful!

-Cayenne
Merakien chapter 1 . 9/25/2007
I like how you interpreted Peter. You followed canon, but you still managed to change my perception of him. Well done!
lyin chapter 1 . 9/15/2007
ha, love your note at the end on peter's beauty/lack thereof- you worked the quote, though i did find it slightly awkward w/ the beauty assoc. w/ peter- but i liked the use of lily and james, and esp. the way you played on him staying w/ snape at the end, really added to the piece a lot. g'job!
Nytd chapter 1 . 9/6/2007
Lovely and a joy to read, despite the fact that you so realistically wrote the anguish and despair that Peter is feeling.

"Peter whimpered into the dark, gazing up, as he had many times before, into the great, green, almond shaped eyes of his recurring dream. He felt his own eyes fill with poisonous tears, and spitefully wiped them away as they slashed at his cheeks."

This is very strong, and the image of tears 'slashing' at his cheeks is fantastic.

I can really see him tossing and turning as he suffers through the accusations in the dream. I like the parallel he draws between himself and Snape. It's true on so many levels.

Bravo!
Padfootatheart chapter 1 . 9/2/2007
And here's the other challenge response!

The voices of his friends were very well voices...all in character and all haunting in their sadness (yes, i used the pun).

I love how Peter pleas with the voices...pleas that they let him believe he is still who he was with them. Of course they could do no such thing for, as Lily said, he doesn't deserve it.

When James said that Peter didn't deserve to hold their memories, that had my brow furrowed in concentration. Because it's true isn't it...memories should be held lovingly by people who were loyal and true to those lost.

The interaction between Snape...while both brief and not the point of the story, was gorgeous. Maybe it's because I've never written anything taking place at Spinner's End, but it was very well written and highly believable as the relationship that they would share.

God, I hope Wormtail is getting his share right now...yeah, he's paying big time...

*pauses*

but thank you for writing him...he is a very glossed over character, and to give him depth is both difficult and brave of you.

Again, I am stunned by your skill as a writer and story teller,

Paddy
AllIWannaDo chapter 1 . 8/28/2007
wow. that was awesome! i've always had a soft spot for peter, despite the fact that he is undeniably twisted and pathetic. his struggle is an interesting one, and i imagined the memories of the people he once loved DO seem bittersweet now. the circumstances of his death in DH sort of support this theory, i suppose. i love that line, and i found it to be well-fitting: “You are beautiful, but you are empty. No one could die for you.” oddly haunting, but in a good way. nicely done, as usual! ]
Luna Rapunzel chapter 1 . 8/17/2007
Very, very touching. I like this.
hydraspit chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
This is a very interesting interpretation of that quote. I quite like it, actually.

I love that you've written Peter like this. He is usually such a reviled character that most fanfic authors don't take the time to develop him very well, or use him at all in fact.

The use of the ghosts whispering to him is a very haunting and beautiful device as well. Very good work with this fic! I really enjoyed reading it. :D
Mrs. James Harold Potter chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
It really is sad, how much pity can be put on Peter Pettigrew. I mean, think about it. He had everything, and in fear he went to the dark side, ended up losing everything he cared about, and for the next seventeen years, his life was in turmoil. Anyways, beautifully written, and could you possibly check out my story?
fancy-a-biscuit chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
Aww, but it serves the little toerag right, TRAITOR! But still, aww.