Reviews for The Other Side of Tomorrow
GoodForBad chapter 53 . 7/11
I first read this story a few years back, way before I re-watched the Jimmy Neutron series. I missed so many of the references you included, and I’m still astounded by the woven story pattern you created. The inclusion of the show’s canon – Libby’s birthday party, April the Gorlock, the Nanobots – made the story play out like another special episode. I’m honestly in awe, even now, of how well thought-out this is, and the clever dialogue throughout. Add to this the gut-wrenching thrill of an alternate universe and Jimmy Neutron being an evil dictator…damn. I may have said it before, but this story is nothing short of a masterpiece. Every aspect of it is a gripping fun-fest, and I honestly don’t think I have stumbled upon anything greater, in any fandom. Words are not sufficient in fully detailing just how much I am in awe of your work.

I find something extremely appealing about an evil Jimmy. Ever since the episodes with his “evil clone,” it’s been of particular interest to me – probably because it’s the other side of a moral character we’ve all grown to love. My absolutely favorite scene is the one where Aurora finally gets to administer the antidote – I love how his smugness rapidly transforms into a bewildered panic, and then he fights to simply stay awake. The scene in which he awakens is a close second. I have the feeling that this is a story I will frequently return to as the years pass, assuming you keep it posted (and I sincerely hope you do). The mark of a true writer is one who possesses the ability to craft a story so in-depth, and so realistic (at least within the confines of the universe its set in) that the reader forgets they are actually READING. I’m amazed that every time I return to this story, I am swept away by the same emotion and intrigue as the first reading. I can say with unabashed sincerity that you deserve to be published, if you aren’t already.

Well, well done. I look forward to leaving another review, years from now, when I am once again caught up in the throes of the masterpiece entitled The Other Side of Tomorrow.
Blown Away chapter 54 . 4/21
...Wow. I literally can't think of any other way to say it.

A couple weeks ago, I was dared by my friends to pick the most unlikely franchise I would read fanfiction from at 4 AM just for the hell of it, and this story happened to be the one I chose. At first, I was live blogging my (fairly snarky) commentary on the fic as I read, but after the first few chapters I slowly began to realize that I was taking a genuine liking to it. Now, almost three weeks of reading a little at a time and savoring such a surprisingly gripping fanfiction, I've finally finished it with the review equivalent of a standing ovation.

Literally everything about this story is just so...perfect. The concept drew me in since the moment I laid eyes on it, and the fact that the book itself was so professionally written right out of the gate almost immediately sealed the deal for me. (I MAY OR MAY NOT have spent the last few evenings constantly coming back to this site just to see what happens next instead of studying for my AP tests... ") I noticed that it was very dialogue-driven, but the imagery that was used is elegantly laid out and it gave me a vivid picture of what was going on - speaking of which, the illustrations posted at the beginning of each chapter was a nice little bonus. Your art (and everyone else's involved with the project) is amazing!

I think my favorite part about this whole thing, though, is that it reminded me of such a big part of my childhood that I've pretty much forgotten over the years. JN was one of my favorite shows when I was little, and after reading this I think it's about to do so again lmao w

Anyway, I'm sure there's a LOT more on my mind about such a wonderful story, but it's suuuuper late and I'm about to fall asleep as I'm typing this XD In all seriousness, however, I really, REALLY appreciated TOSOT a hell of a lot more than I thought I would, and I really cannot thank you enough for creating such a wonderful work. I hope that wherever you are now, you've found even more success in writing and are continuing to entertain everyone with your amazing gift. I applaud you, Mara, and I certainly applaud this story.
BeaRizy28 chapter 53 . 4/4
OMG! What should I say? your fanfic is amazing! Great plot. What a fantastic story! this story deserves to have a movie!Nice Job! Mara!
HarukaChihiro chapter 53 . 3/31
I ended up in love with DJ xD Great Fic!
BookWorm2the2ndPower chapter 29 . 3/21
Boring? Are you kidding?! This is one of my favorite chapters so far! Nav is perfect, I love him!
Now that's a story
LP Luna Phantom chapter 53 . 1/2
Hello!

First of all, I apologize for all the mistakes in my review. I'm still learning how to write a good english. I hope you don't have trouble reading this.

Secondly, I finished reading this story a couple of days ago, but I just couldn't think of a good review to give you. I was overwhelmed by all the emotions I felt during the days I was reading your fanfic and for having came across with the BEST JIMMY NEUTRON FANFIC EVER. Today I found the "TOSOT Oneshots" and started reading them with so much excitement, because I SUPER LOVED this fic, but then I realized that I didn't like them nearly as much as I liked TOSOT.

Why? Because The Other Side of Tomorrow had already ended and that end had been magnificent. It didn't need anything else. All that happened but wasn't shown, would happened in the future or wouldn't happened but in the mind of the characters was already there. It was so much exciting imagining what had happened to Aurora while she was DJ prisioner (I still have a lot of conjectures about this one) or how she and Nav had met (yes, I liked Nav, but I liked Future Jimmy way more!). What I'm trying to say is that the oneshots were not essential to the plot.

Even more, although I know that all the characters were important for the story, what I liked the most about your fic was the relationship between Aurora and Dictator Jimmy. If I'd read or try to imagine the story developing ahead of the end of TOSOT, it would definetly have been about Aurora and DJ exclusively. I'm a fan of them, I take the blame.

It isn't that you aren't good writing space sci-fi, describing action scenes or charecterizing the characters (couldn't find another term), I wouldn't say this is the greatest Jimmy Neutron fanfiction here if you weren't that good. But I firmly believe that your major accomplishment was to show us a hate/love story about J/C that nobody could have come up with. And to that I bow my head.

Well, I'm so sorry for making you read this entanglement of impressions and for not taking the survey. I THANK YOU very much for this story. I hope that you keep writing this good. And, by the way, happy new year!
lexaleigh chapter 53 . 1/1
Rang in the new 2016 year finishing this story. Fantastic! It has clearly been a few years since you finished this, but I'm so glad that I found it as I browsed through deviantart and fanfiction. This is a great science fiction, and I love finding other Jimmy Neutron fans :) I've been working on a JN fic of my own, and hope to be successful. Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent with the world. You truly have a gift. :)
NaTaLyCindyFAN chapter 53 . 9/25/2015
As I don't have any money to pay you for all the feelings I got by reading this, her'es the survey you asked us to fill. [xD]

Faves!
1) My favorite part was the first encounter of Future Jimmy and Aurora in chapter 43, when he said he was just doing some experiments with her and he had no feelings for her. Wow, I mean, the whole dialogue was crazy! It was very sexy… in a sadistic way.
2) I already translated some of my favorite quotes in my blog [ .com] (Hope you don’t mind) but the one that killed me was: “You and I are close, bound together by a decade of rivalry and opposition.” Maybe because I see myself in it. It resumes a relationship I still have with a guy…
3) I think you’re greatest strength is descriptions and the thing you must watch is the way you write dialogues. Sometimes it was difficult to know who was talking.

Characters
1) No doubt in this. It was Dictator Jimmy. He was so mysterious and intelligent… He was perfect. Except for the fact he was all evil and an assassin. I mean, the way you portrayed his twisted personality was even sexy.
2) Don’t know what to say in here, because although my favorite character ever is Cindy Vortex, I don’t think I saw her here. I think she was portrayed rougher than in the cartoon. But if I have to choose my best two, they are Aurora and Cindy.
3) Future Carl. His presence was kind of forced. And even if he didn’t exist in the story, everything would remain the same.
4) Aurora had the most challenges to overcome and Carl had it the easiest.

Character relationships
1) DJxAurora. Oh God, those two got to get their own lab!
2) AprilxNav. Nav looked more interested in Aurora than in April.
3) Didn’t understand that.
4) In chapter 49: Mad Science, when Jimmy and Cindy had their moment of serious talking. It was amazing. Also, in the epilogue when Future Jimmy was on the couch, giving this sight to Aurora. Gosh! I want him to look ME like that!
5) I have to admit I would like to see some AuroraxNav. It would be interesting. Also, I expected more from AprilxLee.
6) Aurora/Future Libby.
7) Not really.

JN Universe
1) Dictator Jimmy was the most realistic version of his younger counterpart. And Libby was more of a stretch. I understand she was so calm down because of her life in Shangri Llama, but she was a totally different person from the one who puts Cindy down on Earth when she’s crazy about Jimmy.
2) Best portrayed: Sheen. Worst portrayed: Cindy. She put me on my nerves sometimes! Maybe is her voice in Spanish (because I’m from Mexico) that portrays her different than in English. Because she’s not that crazy all the time, saying she hates Jimmy and stuff.
3) Maybe Cindy. He defended Jimmy in front of the whole class!
4) There were lots of moments when you made me recall the show. I can’t say one in specific. (BTW, good job on that!)

“Stuff you see in your English test”
1) Revenge. I have to say this was an obscure, OBSCURE JN themed fanfic.
2) War.

Miscellaneous
1) Now who’s in control [ art/Now-Who-s-in-Control-137469189] GOD! It is BY FAR my favorite. They two look so FANTASTIC together! 3
2) Aurora.
3) Future Jimmy and his multiple changes of personality.

Altough I wished the end was different (I want some canon FROM YOU! Hahaha), this really was a GREAT story. Keep writing.
Andy N.V chapter 53 . 9/11/2015
Mara, hazme un hij.. Ok, no.
I love this fic as if were the only in the world.
Not much to say.. basically because I don't know how xD

I love it.
Fiction lover250 chapter 54 . 8/30/2015
This is the longest story I have ever read on FF, EVER!
Venna98 chapter 44 . 7/9/2015
I'm still not over how well written this chapter is. Everything flows so smoothly and it just played out like a movie in my mind.
Which makes me curious... In some parallel universe where you're a billionaire director, who do you cast to play your lovely characters?
Venna98 chapter 29 . 7/8/2015
Am I crazy or did you rewrite this? I could've sworn Nav said "Pete" instead of "Christ" and for some reason I feel like this was in movie script format the first time I read it...
In any case, this is my favourite fanfic ever despite the fact that I've never even watched a single episode of Jimmy Neutron...
Kara Hall chapter 3 . 5/9/2015
I have an interest in cindy.
vanityshewrote chapter 1 . 11/19/2014
I have read and reread this fanfiction so many times- it's just everything that is perfect with the Jimmy Neutron fandom. You went above and beyond and even though I started reading this maybe only a couple months after you started writing this, I think about this fic constantly. I think you really got how the show portrays the characters but also went deeper and explored this AU in a realistic way. One of my favorite parts is when they kids are trying to get through Jimmy's lair. If you ever write a book, I'd buy it in a heartbeat and if I had the money, I'd make this into a full length film. That might just sound like empty praise but it's so true! I hope you keep writing even if it's not for the Jimmy Neutron Fandom.