Reviews for The Other Side of Tomorrow
Anonymous Rex chapter 49 . 1/10/2017
Given the impossibility (or extreme difficulty) of personally constructing an island, I'd say that was where the metaphor fell apart and became a bad metaphor. While for Jimmy it isn't impossible, I'd say metaphors are more constructed for generalities. Interesting philosophical question, I suppose.
Anonymous Rex chapter 48 . 1/10/2017
Two a workable breeding population does not make. Maybe with the monks, but humanity — or certain sub-sections of it, since the rest are gone forever — is probably screwed.
Anonymous Rex chapter 46 . 1/10/2017
"Only two or three."

Anonymous Rex chapter 44 . 1/10/2017
[SPOILERS]

Okay, that was everything I'd hoped it would be. I was really worried reading through that you'd pull a clichéd "power of love" deal, and I'm glad you didn't. It made everything in the fight so much more satisfying, and I can conclusively say DJ is one of the best villains ever created. I loved reading him so much I'll admit at one point I even wanted him to win, and that's saying something!

I will admit part of me (a small part) wondered whether you'd pull something regarding Aurora's smashed antidote (an even smaller part wondering if it might have been a kiss, but there you go) and I can't decide whether I'm disappointed or not that it never came to anything. Then again, I'm not at the end yet, so I'm bracing myself for plot-twists! Ahead, full steam!
Anonymous Rex chapter 41 . 1/10/2017
It just occurred to me why a love (or lust) room would be included if the entire "maze" was designed for single trespassers. Then again, that's only conjecture on the part of our heroes…

That room sure is creepy. Congratulations! Jimmy's, I think, was the most horrifying.
Anonymous Rex chapter 40 . 1/10/2017
I have to admit, I did giggle uncontrollably at Jimmy's "brain blast." The rest though… the rest was disturbing. To say the least.

;_;
Anonymous Rex chapter 36 . 1/9/2017
Ha! Bipedal motion is inefficient? Hardly! It's just more difficult to achieve, but it carries numerous advantages, not the least of which is the ability to carry things while you move (such as young, allowing a longer development period which is beneficial for more complex social organization), which quadrupeds cannot. Bipedal motion also allows greater situational awareness for the same body mass, as you can have your eyes positioned much more highly without having to be as massive as an elephant. And that's not even considering things like river-crossings.
Anonymous Rex chapter 28 . 1/9/2017
To be fair, while being nice isn't weakness, not fighting back is and it guarantees extinction.
Anonymous Rex chapter 27 . 1/9/2017
You know, I doubt a member of a militaristic society would be talking about "senseless bloodshed" or "petty differences." Perspective! Also as a side note it seems odd to talk about "reptilian heritage" or "mammalian heritage" when A) it is impossible to have a creature with both (bar some evolutionary technicalities), and B) talking about aliens.
Anonymous Rex chapter 18 . 1/9/2017
Are there even phone lines that run to Antarctica?
Anonymous Rex chapter 11 . 1/9/2017
Y'know, it'd be interesting if it was Cindy who was exposed to the megalomanium as a twist. Or both of them, since I can't figure how Cindy alone would remain undefeated.
Anonymous Rex chapter 4 . 1/9/2017
I have to say, that was honestly the most interesting, and scary, "universe transition" I've ever come across in fanfiction. Nice job!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/20/2016
May I ask what's the theme song of this story?
Guest chapter 53 . 12/20/2016
Best story ever :)
GoodForBad chapter 53 . 7/11/2016
I first read this story a few years back, way before I re-watched the Jimmy Neutron series. I missed so many of the references you included, and I’m still astounded by the woven story pattern you created. The inclusion of the show’s canon – Libby’s birthday party, April the Gorlock, the Nanobots – made the story play out like another special episode. I’m honestly in awe, even now, of how well thought-out this is, and the clever dialogue throughout. Add to this the gut-wrenching thrill of an alternate universe and Jimmy Neutron being an evil dictator…damn. I may have said it before, but this story is nothing short of a masterpiece. Every aspect of it is a gripping fun-fest, and I honestly don’t think I have stumbled upon anything greater, in any fandom. Words are not sufficient in fully detailing just how much I am in awe of your work.

I find something extremely appealing about an evil Jimmy. Ever since the episodes with his “evil clone,” it’s been of particular interest to me – probably because it’s the other side of a moral character we’ve all grown to love. My absolutely favorite scene is the one where Aurora finally gets to administer the antidote – I love how his smugness rapidly transforms into a bewildered panic, and then he fights to simply stay awake. The scene in which he awakens is a close second. I have the feeling that this is a story I will frequently return to as the years pass, assuming you keep it posted (and I sincerely hope you do). The mark of a true writer is one who possesses the ability to craft a story so in-depth, and so realistic (at least within the confines of the universe its set in) that the reader forgets they are actually READING. I’m amazed that every time I return to this story, I am swept away by the same emotion and intrigue as the first reading. I can say with unabashed sincerity that you deserve to be published, if you aren’t already.

Well, well done. I look forward to leaving another review, years from now, when I am once again caught up in the throes of the masterpiece entitled The Other Side of Tomorrow.
613 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »