Reviews for Silent One
Chem-Death chapter 20 . 1/4/2014
I read this in [dbfl dot gokugirl dot com]. I loved it! I'm deaf myself, but I wear hearing aids and can talk well. I wonder what inspired you to type this story. And, I could hear some things without my hearing aids.
Regin chapter 20 . 10/28/2013
I Like, I Lust, I Love! Please Update Soon!
Timanisha chapter 20 . 11/19/2011
Oh and I totally agree with you that Piccolo is the best looking character in the show! -_
Timanisha chapter 20 . 11/19/2011
Love your story. Great plot. Great dialog. Great story telling! Great character development. Whenever I ready it there are always moments where I think to myself that sounds just like something Piccolo would say :) I have been following this ever since I was like 14 years old! Yasmine's being a Sister is so fitting not only because I'm a sister myself but because Piccolo is the black guy in the group basically. (At least that's how I always saw him) It's been years since I last read this and I was excited to see that there were some new chapters! Silent One is my favorite of all the Fanfics I have ever read hands down. I am so sorry about what happened to you! I can't imagine how difficult it must have been to experience what you went through. Just thinking about it makes me sad. I hope that you have continued to grow stronger through the years and that whatever you do it is something you truly enjoy! Thanks for this story you touched a lot of hearts with it throughout the years! I'll still be checking back from time to time ) Thanks for writing this!
SilverBlueGrey chapter 20 . 4/9/2010
oh my god, that's horrible. O.O I almost cried. I couldn't imagine somethign that horrible happenign to me or anyone I know... I hope you're better, now that it's six years later. If it's possible, it would be nice to see this story completed. But I wouldn't blame you at all if you didn't.
SmileyDJingles chapter 20 . 1/3/2010
This is great! Don't give up on this story or writing. You are a great writer, I hope to hear you are writing a book one day! I'd read it! Don't give up! I'll be praying for you.
Flute Damioh chapter 20 . 10/4/2009
Okay! You've GOT to update this story! I am terribly sorry to hear about your ordeal with drunk drivers. I despite them myself, and I wish you a speedy recovery. However, you have GOT to update, update, update! I'm too anxious to find out what happens to Tategoto and Piccolo! And by the way, thank you for coming up with this story and maintaining such a great plot! I don't think there will ever be anything else like it!

P.S.— UPDATE! ]
darksilence chapter 1 . 4/24/2009
can you please update your story i think it's going along pretty well!
storm-of-insanity chapter 20 . 12/16/2005
sorry to hear about the car crash and your friends and your hands. you must be a really dedicated author to bother to continue writing after all that. i would have forgot. -.-U

this is a EXCELLENT STORY. DEFINETLY ONE OF MY FAVES. i love the relation between tategoto and piccolo and vegeta. its really cute how tategoto and veg form a bond. i love the bit about the muddy foot prints.

it was really sweet when piccolo opened up to yasmine. i'm not really a fan of piccoloxhuman (i mean i have this thing about inter-galatic-breeding (if there is such a term)) but that seen really was cute.

the bit with piccolo (whats the proper term for this, giving birth sounds wrong and laying an egg sounds worse) was really well described. i could picture every bit of it.

I LOVE YOUR FIGHT SCENES. THEY'RE FANTASTIC, UTTERLY BRILLIANT! you can feel the tension and everything. the background music was so cool. it suited it perfectly.

man, they're so many things that i could go into that i liked, all the little details made it perfect, like when piccolo and tategoto took of their training weights and they happened to land together. that little sentence made it so much more effective.

hope you continue to update.

ps, does tategoto still think he's wolverine?
elf-princess4 chapter 20 . 7/2/2005
more plese
Afrodite chapter 7 . 5/16/2005
Such a tender moment between Yasmine and Piccolo-until pigheaded Piccolo had to ruin it. The moment was still beautifully written, especially Piccolo's confession under hypnosis. I like how she's been patient and understanding with him, which shows that she truly loves him.
Afrodite chapter 6 . 5/16/2005
I enjoyed Tategoto's first encounter with Kami; Kami did seem like his grandfather, as Piccolo had mused.

This story is so wonderful. You skillfully intertwine elements of humour, drama and romance.
Afrodite chapter 5 . 5/16/2005
I am really enjoying this story! The growing feelings between Piccolo and Yasmine are a joy to read; I could certainly identify with Yasmine's thoughts as she studied Piccolo's muscular physique.

Tategoto's successful mission to save his father was admirable; he is just full of wonderful surprises and talents.
Afrodite chapter 4 . 5/16/2005
I am fascinated how sharp Tategoto's other four senses are since he can't rely on his hearing; it's a treat every time he makes use of them.

I must also belatedly express my gratitude for having a black leading lady in your story. I think this is the first fic I've read on with a black lead character period, let alone a possible romantic interest for a DBZ character.
Afrodite chapter 3 . 5/16/2005
You are such a wonderful storyteller! I was very touched by Tategoto signing his first word, and that it was "father". I also think it's a nice touch that you had Piccolo enter his son into a class for the deaf; your original character Yasmine is a nice addition to the story. Her dedication to Tategoto's education is commendable.