Reviews for As I Lay Dying
Penelope the Perky Penguin chapter 9 . 11/15/2016
Oh my. I can't believe how fantastically AWESOME this story is! The writing style is phenomenal, and the angst is masterful. You really got into the minds of the four, and while I'm not big on reading a lot of mental thoughts, I read these simply because of how well written they were! Wonderful job! I look forward to seeing what else you have written.
Harmne chapter 8 . 3/28/2013
I left a review last time I read this, so I had to back up a chapter to leave this one-

I think as atonement for being so mean to John in this story that you owe him at LEAST a short story of happy fluff - preferably with some FEMALE smut in it! LOL, you're so mean to him...!
Harmne chapter 9 . 8/21/2012
I hope they sent something through to disable Siren's 'Gate, to prevent other travelers from being trapped in her grasp! I can't remember how the show left things with Chaya, but maybe she could tell the other Acendents about the nutjob and let them take care of it? Good story if almost TOO angsty for me!
Peridot5 chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
So awesome! What a diabolical and somehow creepy villain! Good stuff.
BSBIlseD chapter 9 . 10/17/2011
Great story. I could so see all of that happening in my head. I love a good Sheppard story, more so when he gets hurt. Bad, aren't we! But we do love them all.
shepardlover928 chapter 9 . 3/28/2011
Interesting story! Kind of disturbing that Siren kept killing and healing John to kill him again-for the thrill of it and to bask in his strength and control...then I realized that every one of us whumpers-be it the writer or the reader-we all do have a bit of Siren in us...I have never understood why and have always kind of felt guilty in that I enjoy stories of whump for my most favorite, beloved guys, most currently John Sheppard. It has been comforting knowing there are so many like me (are we perverse?) Will I stop?-No! :)
bria67 chapter 9 . 12/23/2010
Wonderful story! The first chapters were heartbreaking; I liked that Rodney was the first to realize what John was trying to do. Loved the infirmary scene and that the team's love and friendship helped John to come back.

Thank you for writing and sharing this awesome story!

I wish you a merry Christmas :)
hajimebassaidai chapter 2 . 4/17/2010
Thought for a moment that we were back to before the shooting in the first chapter then realised this is Take Two. The sense of disorientation is good though. Now the penny is being to drop for both reader and characters I can't wait to see how they deal with it!
SophieSaulie chapter 2 . 4/7/2010
Awesome death scene! Ahem...cough...I mean great chapter! I'm a sucker for great death scenes and this was great! It's easily imaginable and of course, like the Tao of Rodney, the roles reversed, you really made me feel the connection between them. I love the"wait a minute...this has happened before" realization of Sheppard's!

Fav. Parts:

Ok, not the most accurate command language, but McKay's certainly getting a lot better at this type of thing. At last, his stunned breathing reflex reset and John took a welcome, gasping breath. The moment of relief was quickly replaced by sheer agony as his damaged chest and lungs protested the very motion of breathing itself. The hard-won inhale fought its way out of John's throat in a growling howl of pain. The next breath seared even more deeply into his mind, and his vision greyed out for a moment.

-GREAT!

The dizzyness grew even more disorienting, and John's vision began to swim. With a rising fear John suddenly experienced a flash of insight, and reached blindly to grab at McKay's arm, leaving bloody streaks on the man's jacket sleeve and yet, fiercely maintaining his gaze. McKay! This is wrong. Something is wrong.

You're dying! Of course that's wrong! That's the atomic bomb of wrong, the holocaust of wrong. This whole damn thing is very very wrong!

No. More than that. You felt it too... Been here, done this before. Don't...want...to do...it...again. McKay's eyes narrowed in careful consideration and John could read the crackling flow of intellect as his brilliant friend took hold of John's half-formed idea and began to process it.

-Great moment of realization here!

Enjoyed it thoroughly!
SophieSaulie chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
Gulp! SOB! Wonderful! Great story. I LOVED it. So silent in dialogue and yet so full of emotion, powerful at that and that transcended the need for words.

Fav. Parts:

Thank you, John. Your life has touched me more than any other soul I have known.

Teyla! I wish... I wish I had gone out fighting. The regret spilled into his own eyes.

You feel that the manner of your death is what gives your life meaning? You are wrong. Your life has meant more than you can possibly know. That is not what you regret, John Sheppard.

I regret dying.

Your spirit will live to fight again.

I wish I could believe that...

You do.

-GREAT dying scene
Shadow Chaser chapter 9 . 11/12/2009
And yes, you indeed did write your first Mary Sue. And you did not kill her off! Bad T'Pring! j/k. I kind of figured out Siren was ascended when she was doing all those weather tossing around and stuff, very Oma Desala. But when you mentioned Ori, that just got me tickled. I love the mini crossover with SG-1's enemies and flows really well.

I think this is one of your better stories, though I have to agree with your self-assessment, definitely more violent. However, great job at the end and great for you to wrap things up! Looking forward to reading the continuation to this...(the title eludes me at the moment).

I do however, have one critical moment...I thought Sheppard was just a little too soft to be admitting all those things in the room with the team and Elizabeth. I thought it should have been just Elizabeth for a private briefing then another scene where he thanks his friends. Oh well...just my thoughts.

-Shadow Chaser
STEVE AUSTIN chapter 9 . 9/13/2009
hi,

I loved your fic T'Pring, I couldn't help myself to think of me as Siren too! gosh! I bet every whumper felt the same as the story evolutioned...is kind of...guh...disturbing, but pretty much reality of what we ! and proud of it!

Found your story very clever and interesting, I think you really made a talented job at writting in a way the scenes repetead but were different and exciting every time. Reminded me one X-Files ep, do not remember the name now, but it was the time the agents live a tragic ending to their lives inside a bank, over and over...till Mulder figures out and changed it.

In this case I was very surprised to see how Shep figures out the ascending solution...wow! that was complex. Very nice. Thanks again!
Sharpe's Hussy chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
"The bullet slammed into his chest..."

Great beginning BUT the question remains in my mind

why they are not wearing Kevlar...

I notice that they wear utility vests, but no Kevlar which would be like SWAT going after a perp without it.

I am NOT demeaning your story, I am just asking why in

Pegasus, with all the danger, there is no vital organ protection.
JennK528 chapter 9 . 2/10/2009
For some reason, I thought I'd read all your stuff - and then when I read the author's note on your newest fic, realized I'd missed this...

So, YAY! Just finished it up, and yikes - poor Shep! And yes, I do believe that there is a little bit of Siren in all of us fangirls who can't resist a whumped Sheppard...LOL!

Thanks for a great read - now I can get to the sequel!
Kadigan chapter 9 . 2/7/2009
Mary Sue, my foot. A Mary Sue is, by definition, obnoxious and uninteresting: Siren is neither. A little flat, sure, but deliciously creepy to make up for it.

The story... eep. Love the characterization. Flinched at the violence (er, in a good way I think). Got hooked on the mystery. You have a clear, engaging voice. Good work!