Reviews for Contemplation
Y-C-H-3000 chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
this chapter is realy good and in charichter but i would liked it to have been more sparrabethical
Willofthewisp chapter 3 . 9/13/2008
Beautiful, just beautiful. I wondered when I first saw the movie if Will would be grateful or resent the decision that had been made. Sometimes I think I would have rather died than become an immortal soul-ferryer, but Will always does his duty, and usually without complaint. It's realistic you have him block out the part about actually dying, having Davy Jones' sword drive into him. Of course he wouldn't want to think about that. He would want to think about Elizabeth and cherish all the moments he had with her. He'll just have to trust her to be faithful. I'm sure you believe that after the 10 years, Will is free, and a lot of the time, I hope so too. It just doesn't make sense to me, though, that they would never see each other. Elizabeth is still the Pirate King, so she will be in sea battles, and people will die, and there Will will be to take them to the next world. Maybe you could write a reunion like that? You write Will very well.
Willofthewisp chapter 2 . 9/13/2008
Oh! I went from liking your fic to LOVING it! Wow. The angst. You've certainly captured Jack's confusion and complexity. Anyone who thinks he isn't conflicted about his feelings for Elizabeth just doesn't get him. Loving her is an inconvenience to him, not to mention a terrifying idea. But he does let his mind drift back to her again and again, which lets us know that he can't fight it for long. I wonder if in your third chapter this will turn out to be sparrabeth after all, or if it will be willabeth, or if it will just be an eternal triangle, the three of them bound to each other forever. I loved the flashback to the climax of AWE, too, very emotional.
Willofthewisp chapter 1 . 9/13/2008
This is unusual for me since I typically read straight-up sparrabeth, but I do respect good willabeth fics and you wrote one. Poor Elizabeth. You feel so sorry for her in the beginning and in just a few more words, you're cheering for her, the fighter that she is. I couldn't imagine going on if I couldn't see my husband for 10 years, but Elizabeth's a lot tougher than I am. Her thoughts here are perfectly natural and yet larger-than-life as well.
Wicked R chapter 2 . 9/24/2007
you capture the characters really well
Arraya chapter 3 . 9/1/2007
this was absolutely wonderful! loved every word of it!
crazibookwormi chapter 3 . 7/27/2007
each and every one of these characters are like so...sad

sorry but that's the only adjective i can think of right now

i feel sorry for every one of them but who told the screenwriters to be so mean?... :)

nice :) keep up the gr8 work!
crazibookwormi chapter 2 . 7/27/2007
i feel so sorry for jack, but he can't really do anything anymore now that elizabeth and will are married...

such a sad story, but you can still write it out? wow, your amazing...:)

gr8 job
crazibookwormi chapter 1 . 7/27/2007
aw how sad...

to remain faithful and not to remain faithful; that is the question

(that is pestering elizabeth)

great job! :)
Florencia7 chapter 3 . 6/15/2007
Wonderful. Very moving, nearly heartbreaking, although there is always a flash of green on the horizon, a ray of hope, so the heartache should not last too long...

Amazing, how you've described both the desperate, almost hopeless longing & the resolute, hopeful waiting. Beautifully written. I loved it. I loved all the chapters of this story!
FreeSpritSprite chapter 3 . 6/15/2007
WIll saw a thing with jack too, thats very interesting. THis wasn't as deep as the other too, but it was still enjoyable. thanks.
FreeSpritSprite chapter 2 . 6/11/2007
i liked it. i love these deep delves into what they were thinking. How noble of him, i didn't think of him having to give up Elizabeth too. But its true, she might have (maybe even probably) been his if will hadn't died. that was great. thanks.
Florencia7 chapter 2 . 6/10/2007
It was wonderful & perfect! Just the right amount of words to express everything, and every word was meaningful & irreplaceable.

And you've kept Jack in-character throughout the chapter. I especially liked that you stressed something that wasn't made entirely clear in the movie (or perhaps it even wasn't there at all...); that Jack let Will stab the heart not for Will's, but for Elizabeth's sake, that he, in fact, did it for her. I love this interpratation;)

The compass pointed to the rum! Right;) But there's still the song... He just keeps singing it, doesn't he? lol

And I liked that you mentioned the Brethren Court meeting that might be called in the future... It'd be an interesting story idea *hint, hint* ;)

It was a great chapter. Very well written.

I can't wait for the third chapter! Please UPDATE SOON!
Piratesfanatic chapter 2 . 6/10/2007
Both of these chapters are really good. I especially like how you had Jack argue with himself about thinking of Elizabeth. :) Very good writing! Update soon!
TimePrincess chapter 2 . 6/10/2007
i like it alot. hehe more?