Reviews for Shipwrecks and Sunsets
Window Girl chapter 5 . 6/27/2007
This is a great story. On wikipedia, it says that Davy was 20 when he fell in love with Calypso and 40 when she was bound. If you subtract the ten years that Davy spent on the Dutchman, they had a ten-year love affair. I like how you captured all of the emotions that likely would have passed between them in 10 years. I also like how you brought Will and Barbossa into the story. This story is one of my favorites, and I am sorry that you have no more prompts. Thanks for adding another chapter, though.
KTMarner chapter 5 . 6/27/2007
This is so wonderfully evocative. I love the chaos of it, how we as readers are never quite sure the what or who of it initially. You really have great insights into both these characters, and what elusive characters they are!

My favorite bit? The comparison of how they are both trapped in bodies not their own. It's so true and a great way to connect them during their years apart, but I'm sure it would never have struck me.
Lindethiel chapter 5 . 6/24/2007
Awesome! Perfect! Beautiful! I love these little drabbles! Amasing how you can make only a few sentences have such meaning!
Ebontien chapter 5 . 6/16/2007
With 2 and 9, I'm sensing a very delicious Barbossa-Calypso-Davy love triangle.

With 37, thank you for referring to that song because I've been wondering about what either lover thought about it. Especially there's more meaning to it then everyone knows.

My personal favourites are 15-19, 23-26, 30 and 46. Especially 15, 30, and 46!

20 makes me wonder if Davy's vendetta with Jack is more on a personal level.

36 is just cute.
nancystagerat chapter 5 . 6/15/2007
Again, dearie, your word choice is phenomenal. You say what you want to say so clearly and beautifully; I never thought single sentences could ever give as much backstory and history as yours do. You make the pair of them so colorful, and I love how they even tease each other, and it never sounds out-of-place in context. Anyway, to the point, I'm in love. If you find any more prompts, I'll gladly come back for more!
dark-hearted rose chapter 5 . 6/15/2007
bah! "no reviews..." are you kidding me? this is genius!

oh, thanks so much for replying to me! I'm glad I can use some of the ideas...oh, and now I have two "Davy go-to people" as I call it, because my friend agreed to beta it too, yay!

anyway, excellent work (again) and I hope you update soon... maybe?

hope to hear from you soon,

dark-hearted rose
Zaerith Vrinn chapter 3 . 6/15/2007
Beautiful! I'm always glad to see DJ/C fics that AREN'T mine, and I'd love to see you put these sentances in a full fanfic, but the way they are now is stunning! Update this as soon as Possible !
dark-hearted rose chapter 4 . 6/12/2007
pity, the soundtrack's the best one yet...

amazing. I'm officially in love with not only this story, but your breathtaking style. and I think the only thing I have left to say is...

Please update!

warm regards,

dark-hearted rose
dark-hearted rose chapter 1 . 6/12/2007
absolutely amazing. I'm loving the peculiar format you're composing this fic in...the snippets are so small, yet tell so much.

onto the next chapter!
kiri chapter 3 . 6/12/2007
LOVE it :D i really do!
Sir Drake's Heir chapter 2 . 6/12/2007

That's really all I have to say. Oh yes: I feel bad because I claimed these two over at 1sentance, and I will be orccrap comapaired to you.

Thanks a lot. :)
Sir Drake's Heir chapter 1 . 6/11/2007
That was beautiful! History was actually pretty funny, the image of big hulking DJ (in squid form) and Will floating down the Styx telling stories... you rock! I'd like to sit here and analyze ever sentance, but unfortunately, I must read the others!
Window Girl chapter 2 . 6/10/2007
I love this story. The sentence drabble is a great writing form, and yes, Davy and Calypso is a wonderful pairing. My favorite drabble was "smile"
bdlywrttn chapter 4 . 6/9/2007
This is the first Jones/Caylpso fic I could find, there need to be more!

What can I say that hasn't already been said? I love these little snippets!
Hope-W chapter 4 . 6/7/2007

OMGodness really good...i'm lookingfor a calypso(Tdalma)x Davy Jones fic like a crazy, but i found none!

This was the only one i found and i lovd it!

Please if you knw more fics about them please send me an a-mail.

keep writing