Reviews for Distractions
0oxymoronic0 chapter 1 . 10/19/2007
That was amazing! Truly, utterly amazing. Completely IC, funny, witty and brilliant. Well done!
The Little Cog Girl chapter 1 . 9/28/2007
Yay! Slash, slash slash... Your slash is incredibly well done!
MagikfIngers chapter 1 . 8/18/2007
awesome...
Nicole chapter 1 . 8/13/2007
Completely hilarious and very well written and true to the author's stye, which made it even more enjoyable. I've been wishing something similar would happen in the real sieries... but of course it never has...

Good job!
Freedom's Call chapter 1 . 8/2/2007
This is cute!
Artemis1000 chapter 1 . 7/18/2007
*lol*

Really cute and funny!

This is one of my favourite lines: “Are you saying I have fat thighs?” she shrieked, her voice a furious falsetto—
rayluber95 chapter 1 . 7/16/2007
I totally and completely IDOLIZE YOU! That story was so adorable! I don't think it was so bad that you had to put it under M, but you are so brave to put up a Bartimaeus/Nat fic! I LOVE YOU! I've only ever read four (including this one) and one was only IMPLYING a relationship, one was deleted for some reasom, and the other wasn't even on this site! This was awesome! PLEASE PLEASE MAKE MORE FICS LIKE THIS! I BEG YOU! YOU FREAKIn RULE! PLEEASE! For the good of all humanity!
Bathysphere chapter 1 . 7/8/2007
rofl copter.

the entire thing was perfect
jessicagreen chapter 1 . 7/8/2007
LOL. LOve it. Seriously. Am awaiting an update.
Twisted Creampuff chapter 1 . 7/1/2007
-that- just made my day.
hiccups chapter 1 . 6/15/2007
lol! i love this fic!

good on nat! hehe

i love how Bartimaeus changed from one woman to another trying to distract him. you wrote that beautifully D

bazookas lol
Gingham and Basil chapter 1 . 6/12/2007
Ehmahgod. The Barty trilogy is the hottest trilogy really, besides His Dark Materials, and you've just made it hotter.

Haha, Barty is so in character. ("That's was bazookas do-they explode.") I nearly fell of my chair!
Pyth chapter 1 . 6/11/2007
You do realise that now I have to go out and but these books and read them and it's all your fault. :O

You are a cruel person. Never change.
Lechan chapter 1 . 6/9/2007
Again this story was perfect, and Barty was in perfect character. - You know, it really amazes me when I can so clearly picture what you've writen and be able to enjoy it as though it is an exerpt from some long lost four book. - And I am not just blowing smoke up your butt, you seriously have BArty boy down pat. Nathaniel is pleasantly in character as well, what with him being the little snot that he is. -

Best part one:

"In his irritation, he reverted back to his preferred form: Ptolemy, wearing nothing but a tunic. Well, if it wasn’t going to matter anyway…

But even as he was thinking it, Bartimaeus noticed a slight change in his master: the dark eyes that had had no problem with a woman’s bare thigh were now wide and flustered; the red face was darker than before, and not from pent up frustration. The sure hands faltered; the teenager swallowed.

All of this happened in less than a second. Then it was over, and John’s regular demeanor was restored.

It was already much, much too late.

“Oh!” Bartimaeus sang, Ptolemy’s night-black eyes sparkling with impish delight. “Now I understand! Johnny boy, I had no idea—and to think, I had been about to soil my essence by masquerading as that Jane Farrar I hear so many wonderful things about!”

John did not speak—but his stiff body was screaming. Nothing very polite, either: his gaze crackled like a ferocious inferno; his already pale hands were ghost-white and trembling as he clenched them into fists. His glare would have sent a lesser djinn scampering"

And best part 2:

"“Shut up!” With a holler of rage, John leapt to his feet—only just managing to stop himself from the demeaning act of slapping the demon across the face. Still, he had to struggle with the urge to strangle his slave… an act that would certainly do more harm than good.

Bartimaeus—knowing this— fashioned Ptolemy’s pretty face into a horrible leer. He then proceeded to blow a loud, wet raspberry in response to Mandrake’s temper. “Maybe I don’t want to shut up. Watcha gonna do about them apples, Johnny-pooh?” the djinn mocked, batting his eyelashes in a show of fake innocence. “I’m not in a pentacle, and if you even try a spell, I’ll reverse it on you! Face it, there’s no way you can shut me up! No wa—!”

It was at that point that Bartimaeus was successfully shut up. Not willingly, of course, but it appeared that— despite his self-proclaimed genius— the impudent demon had forgotten a few other tricks one could use to silence another. More juvenile tricks. In this case, John had opted to cover Ptolemy’s mouth with something:

His mouth.

Bartimaeus froze—from surprise, from disgust, from noiselessly boiling fury, Mandrake didn’t know which. But, whatever the reason, he was still… and silent. John took the opportunity to grab the boy’s stiff shoulders and pull him closer, forcing him to his knees. The djinn, for whatever reason, complied to this—his body still limp from stunned disbelief."

Thier reactions are pricelessly in character for the circumstances and It makes me smile. - Again, great job!

Lechan
Lady Merlin chapter 1 . 6/5/2007
SQUE! (my glass just shattered)That was AMAZING! I LOVE IT! it's fab! and frankly, it was hot. sigh. some of the crude jokes had me laughing for ages. I've read this so many times over. it's really amazing. please do some more bxn. yours is very well done. :D:D (smiled hopefully)
94 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 Next »