Reviews for Closing the Divide
BettyHall223 chapter 1 . 6/1/2007
Absolutely wonderful story and terrific writing. You captured them so well. This is going on my favorites.
7 League Boots chapter 1 . 5/31/2007
Wow, that's a stunning capture of Sam, Jack and even Daniel angst. Great dialogue, full of tension and anger and hurt and eventually comfort. Visuals are memorable, esp Sam's injuries and the flashback on how she got them. Very credible tale of one of the many downturns a mission can take (fave line: "Why did the missions that involved the Tok’Ra always go straight to hell?" - so true!). Loved how Daniel and Teal'c were worked in to round out team SG-1, not forgetting one of their own.

Very glad the unkind words and strain between Jack and Sam began to be put aside, and the hope of reconciliation is strong. Loved this story of their consistent caring even when things didn't look good for them. Thanks for sharing this uplifting story of my fave pair.
mara-anni chapter 1 . 5/31/2007
Excellent story. Vert powerful, very emtional.

And i can definately see why Sam would have felt so hurt and upset with Jack. The thing he said to at her house before she left Colarado...he coukdn't have chosen anythibg more hurtful to Sam, especially coming frm him. But i'm glad she's forgiving him. And the scars would have made her doubly reluctant because she would feel like she'd be ugly to him now, which is why she didn't want him to see them. Loved Jack staying there and going to the park every day and his incredible patience, really showed how much he really loves her and needs her in his life. Anyway i'm babbling...sorry.

Thanks for sharing a great story :)
getcarter chapter 1 . 5/31/2007
Wonderful job. Great angst and still a happy ending! Loved it!
Strix varia25 chapter 1 . 5/31/2007
Wonderful! I really liked this. Great whumping, too!
janissima chapter 1 . 5/31/2007
This was wonderfully written and full of emotion. I loved how you gradually revealed what had happened with the use of flashbacks. I also appreciated the time you took in conveying both Jack and Sam's reactions to the fallout. Loved Jack's stubbornness in refusing to leave Seattle...even in the cold rainy season! Very nice piece of writing.
cess525 chapter 1 . 5/31/2007
Awesome story...any chance for a sequal:D
megmeyer chapter 1 . 5/31/2007
Excellent story! Very well done. Characters were great, feelings were very real. I agree that a sequel about Sam rejoining life would be great, too! Thanks for writing it!
gater62 chapter 1 . 5/31/2007
That was excellent! Very angsty, but had an ending with hope. I loved it.
stusue chapter 1 . 5/30/2007
WOW! What a wonderful fic! So powerfully emotive! I really felt for Sam, even more so because of the way in which you only slowly revealed what had happened, with little flashbacks as the story unfolded. That was a brilliant way to explain Sam's injuries and emotional pain, and kept the suspense and tension intensifying. But what was Sam actually doing in Seattle?

This short fic is perfect as it is ... but maybe a sequel, with all the characters involved, including all the mums and kids, as Sam slowly comes to grips with her injuries and rejoins the life surrounding her, and the life being offered to her by Jack? And you know, this story would have made a wonderful long fic, but it's great just the way it is! :o)
nogigglingmajor chapter 1 . 5/30/2007
loved it.
L.A. Doyle chapter 1 . 5/30/2007
Wow. I really enjoyed the story. It felt very in character to me, as well as being angsty and sweet. Great job! See ya around GW. :)
Carter's Lab chapter 1 . 5/30/2007
Aww... I liked it. A little sad but nicely written. The ending was sweet.
chelle db chapter 1 . 5/30/2007
Wow! Great story squeeg-1. That was brilliant. Are you going to add more to it...a sequel maybe?

I really enjoyed that. Thank you!
29 | « Prev Page 1 2