Reviews for The Dark Lords of Nerima
Thurhame chapter 24 . 2/25/2011
Nice last line. You'd think he'd know better than to say stuff like that by now...

This story definitely goes on my short list of all-time favorites. I'm looking forward to the sequel.
Rowan Seven chapter 24 . 2/25/2011
SPOILER Heh, even if you hadn't already mentioned your plans for a sequel in the author's notes Ranma's last words here pretty much mandate that their interactions with the Sailor Senshi aren't over with yet. I must say, though, that I am both impressed and intrigued by how you've wrapped everything up. Despite everything that's happened and all that was on the line, this story integrates into the first season of Sailor Moon so smoothly that the rest of the Dark Kingdom arc could conceivably play out without any significant changes. Of course, considering Ranma's inability to leave well enough alone I doubt Part 2 will be as free of major divergences, but I find it interesting that you chose to write Part 1 without disrupting Sailor Moon canon.

Anyway, I quite enjoyed both Chapter 23 and the epilogue. These installments weren't as rousing as the grand finale, but as resolution they didn't need to be and they accomplished their job of concluding this story and setting up the sequel with aplomb. Everything coming together as it did to support Ranma's cover-up seemed a little too neat at first, but then I remembered that I had absolutely no problem accepting that everything that could go wrong would go wrong with the implementation of the Saotome heir's plan so it balances itself out. Besides, as Ryouga points out time is only likely to make the misunderstanding grow, and it's not like Nerima's never given Ranma and friends a respite before letting the other shoe drop.

The scenes with the Dark Kingdom were strong and emphasized Modra's cunning and ruthlessness. In some ways, I get the feeling that she might be even more dangerous than the Darkmistress because, while she's certainly sadistic, she doesn't let it control and distract her as her predecessor did. Nice touch with the headpiece too, by the way. It's been so long since I saw the first season of Sailor Moon that I didn't make the connection between it and the Darkmistress's power of illusions until now, and it serves as another neat integration with canon. And with Jadeite, you actually managed to evoke a sense of momentary pathos through his recollection of Luna's words so kudos on that.

Kuno and Kodachi's scene together was probably one of the strongest in Chapter 23 and was an enjoyable and rare depiction of them actually acting like brother and sister, and Kodachi's last words were simultaneously reassuring and disturbing: Reassuring in that she seems to have pulled herself back together, disturbing in that she might be even crazier than before. Some mention of how Kuno escaped from the school before it exploded (or how he survived the explosion if he was still inside) might have been nice since the last we saw him he was paralyzed and unconscious, but that's only a minor grievance.

The set-up with Mousse is interesting and not something I saw coming. I don't know what you intend to do with him and that sword which is apparently more than it first seemed, but I'm eager to find out. Beneda becoming Dr. Tofu's apprentice isn't a surprise but it's still pleasing to see, and it's amusing to think that in some ways she's arguably now the most "normal" out of all her Nerima friends. Your handling of Ranma and Ryouga was as skilled as ever, and their disregard of Cologne's warning and decision to remain involved in the fight against the Dark Kingdom was very believable. I am surprised that they didn't show up in disguises to Jadeite and the Sailor Senshi's final showdown, though. As harebrained as Ranma's ninja mask idea sounds, it makes more sense than intervening as they are and exposing themselves again.

Regardless, fantastic job. This has been one of the best and most entertaining Ranma crossovers I've had the pleasure of reading, and it's a marvelous tribute to both series. I'm truly looking forward to the sequel and seeing how you handle the rest of the Dark Kingdom storyline. Nephrite's character arc offers certain opportunities that were absent with Jadeite, but you could also easily jump ahead to the Rainbow Crystal arc and turn the three-way race between Tuxedo Kamen, Zoisite, and the Sailor Senshi into an even more chaotic four-way. Or you could skip even further ahead to Kunzite. Either way, I'm confident you'll write an amazing story. Thanks for sharing.
Wonderbee31 chapter 24 . 2/25/2011
Oh man, Ranma had to jinx the whole thing didn't he, and hope Cologne whacks him good with her whacking stick LOL.
Crosser chapter 24 . 2/25/2011
This has been one of the most superb and thrilling fanfictions I've read in quite a long time. It was psychological, action packed, showed Ranma's capabilities to pull off impossible victories to the T, and even forced me to add a new rule to my list of laws that should be followed by Ranma 1/2 stories.

I especially loved how you managed to draw out Beneda's character development, starting from where she was just a self serving monster holding unflinching loyalty to a higher power she thought unbeatable, to a scared girl who was lost in a world of strange pleasures with the threat of obliteration hanging over her head, to actually becoming more human then I truly thought possible of a youma before she even became a human. A silver haired, green skinned throw away minion who wormed her way into main character stardom as a original character who's too good for her own good.

As a last note though, I feel I should let you know what law I've added. For as long as I can remember, there've been two ideas that I believe are vital to every Ranma fanfic.

1) Ranma Saotome doesn't lose, and if he does he always comes back for a spectacular rematch and claim victory.

2) Everything that can go wrong will.

You've managed to add rule #3 to the list.

3) When everything's said and done, Murphy can suck it.

I've been here every step the way, and I can't wait for the sequel!

Your fan,

Crosser
Necrovore chapter 24 . 2/24/2011
Ending with a taunt to Murphy, nice :P Looking forward to the next story.
Hirrayami Otoni chapter 24 . 2/24/2011
quoting Ranma's very last phrace.

Ranma... *fustrated* how many times does ti have to hit you in the head to realzie not to tempt/summon/challenge/invoke Murphy's Law!
Sirge chapter 24 . 2/24/2011
Truly, a wonderful story. It's the few like this one that still keep my hope up for this site.

I can easily say that this is one of the best fanfictions I have read, and the best Ranma/Sailor Moon crossover I've ever enjoyed.
animefan29 chapter 24 . 2/24/2011
"What are the odds of that?" Famous last words.

Didn't the anime indicate that Darien (or whatever his Japanese name is) knew that he was Tuxedo Kamen and vice versa. And that he was aware of his mission to gather the rainbow crystals in order to get the Silver Crystal (I cannot remember that long Japanese name) in order to find the Moon Princess?

Looking forward to the next story
zmz1999 chapter 24 . 2/24/2011
You've set a high standard with your other chapters. Suspense, action, humor. They were all well done.

The last chapter felt like an epilogue. This chapter feels more like a teaser. One reason is, of course, the length, both of the entire chapter and of the individual sections. The a full blown chapter, the exchange between Jedite/Jadite (?) and TK would have been longer. There would have been more twists in the battle. The bits of humor would have been sprinkled more generously. And the foreshadowing would have presaged events in multiple chapters.

As an epilogue, I didn't enjoy it as much as the last chapter. As a teaser, it worked very well. You whet the appetite with just a small taste of action, a dash of conclusion, and finish with a nice foreboding bit of humorous dinner mint. Not even as filling as a hors d'oeurve, the little chapter left me wanting more.

I eagerly await your next work.

Keep writing.
NightmareSyndrom chapter 24 . 2/24/2011
Really, Ranma? How can someone be so genre savy and yet be genre blind at the same time?
WanderingStarmaster chapter 24 . 2/24/2011
I get the feeling that Ranma's last line there is what is referred to as "tempting fate."

I guess that's the last we see of Jaedite...maybe. I look forward to your next exciting installment.

Out of curiosity, are the Senshi going to have the other two with them in the next story?
Andrew MacKenzie chapter 24 . 2/24/2011
A job well done! Gratz on a finished work and I can't wait for the next part to start. I can't wait to see what chaos will happen when those two are found out. Again gratz!
chm01 chapter 24 . 2/24/2011
the odds of finding out? pretty good if you take on account their record, and Ranma should know better than to challenge chance and random events
Jigoku no Yami chapter 24 . 2/24/2011
I wonder if Setsuna knows? I mean, she has too. And Ranma, BTW, great job for sticking you foot in your mouth once again. Baka.

I can not wait to see what comes up in part two. A lot more fun, thats for sure.

When Will the Darkness Embrace You?
LycanRed chapter 24 . 2/24/2011
Well, this has been an adventure. Great story, I'm glad I stuck with it 'til the end, and I can't wait for the next part to begin.

PeaceOut