Reviews for The Dark Lords of Nerima
Grizzmon chapter 4 . 4/10/2013
Yes, Ranma is a foul sorcerer!
Grizzmon chapter 3 . 4/10/2013
Ryoga rescued by Ranma, no wonder Ryoga is angry
Grizzmon chapter 2 . 4/10/2013
The Youma are gonna be in a world of pain...
Grizzmon chapter 1 . 4/10/2013
Ryoga you idiot!
jaelin910 chapter 24 . 3/19/2013
ranma REALLY needs to be told that that's the worst question you could possibly ask. ever.
jaelin910 chapter 12 . 3/19/2013
I like how both the dark kingdom and the senshi are of the opinion that the nerima wrecking crew attacked 'them'...
shademaster chapter 24 . 2/27/2013
Amazing story realy top class. funny dramatic angsty action packed. and I just loved how much ranma seemed to enjoy pulling his con off
Over all I'm very huppy with this and this fic and it goes strait to my favs

P.s please forgive my english i do try
Billy Ruffian chapter 15 . 2/26/2013
This whole thing was absolutely hilarious. I was particularly a fan of 'Usagi' and her infiltration attempt, and of course that classic clinic scene. I could just see all of that happening, and I kept laughing as I thought about it.
Archaia Fengari chapter 18 . 1/23/2013
oh my god why
I PROMISED myself I'd stop 10 chapters ago, because I had homework due in just a few hours
And then I was like "I'll stop before 3AM" and then it's like "I'll stop before the sun comes up"

...
USE YOUR POWERS FOR GOOD, you horrible person you.
Rexnos chapter 24 . 1/16/2013
I've seen this story on the favorites list of a lot of my favorite authors. I've been too busy to give it a glance up until now, but I've very glad that I did. This story is easily one of the best Ranma fics and crossovers I've ever read. It had action, character development, an excellent plot and humor. It's very difficult to find even two of those things in one story most of the time.

I'm generally hesitant to read anything even vaguely related to Sailor Moon, but I have to admit I've run into a handful of good crossovers. Generally they involve actually treating the dark kingdom as a threat to the world instead of something easily handled by a handful of teen girls with magical powers. You continued that tendency here, demonstrating the danger of an army of youma quiet aptly. Guerrilla tactics tend to be the best option given overwhelming opposition.

You battle scenes were some of the best I've ever read. You did an excellent job of giving us enough imagery and combat without turning it into some sort of DBZ slugfest. The damage that allies and enemies dealt out actually stuck and continued to hinder the fighters later in the fight. While Jadeite and the Dark mistress might be overwhelming combatants at full strength, it's quite possible to whittle them down and defeat them given a combination of luck and skill.

Your plot was also excellent. It took a huge chunk of all the problems facing both the Nerima crew and the Senshi and tossed them all together into an utter mess. Just as in canon, these problems ended up being solved through a combination of combat, skill and insane luck. I was on the edge of my seat the whole story, especially close to the end when everything was coming to a head.

While you didn't have staggering amounts of character development, Beneda is the glaring exception. It was interesting watching her slowly transform due to simple kindness. She also made an excellent contrast to Jadeite there at the end. She chose to accept the kindness offered to her while he turned it down in favor of unforgiving strength.

In any case, great story overall. Doubtless I'll be reading through your story archive over the next few days to see what other gems you've put together. Expect to hear from me in the future.

Later,
Rex
aimdiscord chapter 5 . 1/8/2013
Oh geez. Really, this story is impressively awesome. I always had a love/hate relationship with Cologne in the manga. She seemed much more awesome in the beginning, but then they started to give her too much backstory which detracted from her inscrutable awesome-ness.

But here, once again, Cologne has rediscovered her awesome. She is against Ranma (sort of enemy - just like in the manga) and she is also honorable (upholding their laws is important) and now she is also a potential-savior-of-humanity (there is a reason for their laws in the village?! Whoa.) So, I love your story, and it was Cologne that swung the balance.

I read it years ago, and I didn't get very far... because I don't like Ryouga, there were too many descriptions of people fighting (how they swing their feet, etc.) and I normally don't like that sort of story, and finally I confess I feared that Beneda was going to be a Mary Sue self-insert or something like that. As I said, I didn't read much of the story, years ago. Just the first few chapters, then I quit. I have returned to your story, years later, because of Eliezer Yudkowsky - did you know you're on his "favorites" list? Probably, you know this. I thought "If the story is good enough for this author to favorite, then it must be worth reading" and now, by chapter 5, I'm glad I am still reading.

Thank you! The introduction of Cologne really raises the intensity level, making the Dark Kingdom seem like a "threat" instead of some chumps that Ranma can easily beat by kicking them.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
Do you want to know what I think is the greatest streagnth of this series is? It's that all of the characters are likable. I've read too many Ranma 1/2 series where there is obvious dislike and favoritism towards certain characters. Ranma isn't an asshole. Ryoga isn't a revenge seeking prat. Mouse isn't a complete moron. Akane isn't a horrible excuse for a human being who is keeping Ranma for any form of happiness. Shampoo isn't a complete bimbo (sure it's still there but it's more of a happy personality rather then a sign of mental defects). Happosai is kept as far away from the action as possible unless they need to drop an H-bomb. Ranma and Ryoga are equals in fighting ability (I hate it when one of them is made a complete bitch so that the other one can show off with thier "better" friends) and Mouse isn't too far behind (you even did an awesome work around for his blindness). Plus I love Beneda as a character, the perfect mix of manipulation, redemption, and Friendship-is-Awesome. And your series answers a lot of questions like, 'If Queen Byrla has an army of thousands of youma at her disposal, why did she only send the D. D. girls to take out the Senshi?", "If Queen Byrla has an army of thousands of youma at her disposal why does she only send out one or two at a time to gather energy and fight the Senshi?", "How the hell can nobody figure out who the Senshi are when they obviously don't wear masks or do any work to conceal thier identidy?" and "What's keeping most of the youma from saying 'Screw this hostile work evironment, I'm done!'?" Overall this is one of the best series I have ever read and here's hoping that continues to a conclusion rather then you getting sick of it and letting it sit on your computer until it fades into obscurity. May the Dark Lords rise again!
Blinded in a bolthole chapter 10 . 12/30/2012
When it comes to Shampoo, I think her broken japanese has more to do with her "concept of Cute" than actual inability to speak or understand properly. She understands japanese perfectly which means she can, if she wants, use proper grammar (accent though is another issue). And she certainly shown enough intelligence, planning skills and cunning to prove she is not even remotely stupid.

This is Blinded, from his third go on this wonderful fic.
Error4North chapter 24 . 11/26/2012
Great story. I enjoyed it, it's funny and full of action. Only proplem was that I had to sleep before I could finish it in one go:) Definitly going to read more of this.
Zhor chapter 24 . 11/25/2012