Reviews for The Dark Lords of Nerima
nooneimportant chapter 3 . 12/29/2007
I wish you would focus on "Dark Titans," but this story is shaping up to be pretty good. Thank you for sharing; please keep up the good work!

PS: Until you start getting paid for your work, no one but yourself has the right to impose deadlines.
Final-Fan chapter 3 . 12/28/2007
Simply put, this story is amazing. Every bit of optimism I had after reading your initial chapter back in June has been matched 110% by the reality. Now the unbearable wait begins. (Even if you update next week, it's unbearable, so please don't rush yourself!)
fmriver chapter 3 . 12/28/2007
I love the direction of the story, especially the fact that it started with Ryouga instead of Ranma. Most sailormoon crossovers have Ranma as the focus, but I think that Ryouga is a lot more versatile as a character for a crossover (cause Ranma's life is already saturated with chaos).

I really hope to see another chapter soon. My only reccomendation is that you take care not to let Ranma take over the spot light completely. A good Ryouga based crossover is Titans and the Lost Boy, and I can definitely see this one equaling that one in quality.

Just remember to UPDATE ASAP
Rowan Seven chapter 3 . 12/27/2007
Heh, what a pleasant holiday surprise it is to discover an update for this story. I had started to worry that it may have been postponed indefinitely for various reasons, but as others have said quality over quantity and I'm such a slow writer myself that I'd be a hypocrite if I criticized you on those grounds.

Anyway, this chapter continues and perhaps even improves upon the rich standard of quality its predecessors possessed. I don't know how many times you rewrote this, but the effort seems to have paid off in the brilliantly executed chase sequence. Your word choice here is excellent and vividly describes the back and forth between pursued and pursuers as Ryouga tried to escape from the Hounds. It's full of stand-out moments, and I'm amazed out how much you were able to do using so little. Had I attempted something similar the prose would probably be littered with run-on sentences, but you managed to lucidly animate Ryouga's flight and his efforts to simultaneously slow down the Hounds and protect Beneda with remarkable conciseness. The parts where he tosses her into the air and then catches her again and where he ricochets off the alley walls are particularly prominent in my mind.

Characterization-wise, you appear to have Ryouga down pat including his gullibility and obliviousness. Ranma also seems like he's spot on so far, although since he appeared at the very end the next chapter should be more illuminating on this matter. The real stand-outs, though, are once again Beneda and the youma. For an original character, Beneda is remarkably 3-dimensional and you're more than successfully managing to make her sympathetic and compelling despite her amorality. Even though she's lying to and may very well be planning to betray Ryouga (and now Ranma too by extension), I find myself hoping for the best from her. Her thoughts on such matters as human food are also well-placed reminders that she isn't human herself and that the reader shouldn't expect a necessarily human perspective from her however familiar and relatable her thoughts and feelings may seem to be. The Keeper and Inquisitors are also interesting and come across as far more than the canon fodder youma are typically portrayed as, and I really like your more youma-based depiction of the Dark Kingdom so far. It's one of the more unique elements of this story that helps distinguish it from the many Sailor Moon/Ranma 1/2 crossovers out there.

In terms of developments, I'm beginning to see how the Dark Kingdom could form the false assessment of Ranma and Ryouga stated in the teaser and this chapter brought Ranma into play in laudable fashion, but I'm still left wondering how the Sailor Senshi will be drawn into this unfolding drama. I guess I'll just have to wait and see, though. Under other circumstances I might say that the story is moving a little slowly in light of how much you are apparently setting out to accomplish if the teaser is any indication, but the chapters have been so action-packed and full of tension thus far (especially for set-up) that slow is definitely the wrong word to describe them. I'm probably just a little impatient to read more.

Regardless, great job so far. I hope you keep up the fantastic work, and I'm really looking forward to the next update.
Bobboky chapter 3 . 12/26/2007
amazing and awesome
ainokitsune chapter 3 . 12/25/2007
Very excellent. Greatly looking forward to the next chapter. Worth the wait, I think-I've since drifted away from Ranma fic but this was worth making an exception for, I think.
Reyemile chapter 3 . 12/25/2007
This one was worth the wait, by any standards. Normally, I find "ur fanfic rawkz!" style reviews offensive and useless, but, well...ur fanfic rawkz!
Hinatafanboy chapter 1 . 12/24/2007
Good stuff...but slow updates I mean you average less then a chapter every 2 months makes It hard to keep up intrest. Maybe your new year's resolution can be faster updates? Heh Oh well highly enjoyable. If Beneda gets to the tendo Dojo Nabiki will tear her story to peices.
Cylon One chapter 3 . 12/24/2007
I've had so much fun reading this.
Tovath chapter 3 . 12/23/2007
I was thinking what if Beneda can not only eat Akane's food but likes it after all it seems that she can't eat normal food
Sargon Dorsai chapter 3 . 12/23/2007
A very interesting story. Glad that I found it. I like the idea of Ryouga being the first person to find the Youma. it makes sense that he wouldn't be stranged out by how she looked, only seeing someone who had been attacked. And the way he became more powerful in the face of that attacking youma. Very well written.

I like seeing the way the story is developing. It's intriguing and I'm looking forward to more. I'm looking forward to seeing what Ranma brings to the table in dealing with all the hunter Youma, as well as watchin the devastation his natural charm and ability wrecks with the Senshi.
Duke Bonez chapter 3 . 12/23/2007
Slow - you had me scared that this story had died out without even getting to Ranma [. On the other hand the chapter was a lot of fun to read and now I can't wait till the next one.
FTFCHRIS chapter 3 . 12/23/2007
Great chapter. The wait was worth it. Plus it's nice to finally get Ranma into the mix. Dying for more.
Doomforyou chapter 3 . 12/23/2007
Heh, I thought you had given up on this story. Well, cant wait for the next chapter, so if you'd please, get it out quickly!
P. Cassidy chapter 3 . 12/22/2007
Yeah, Please do come up with chapters faster. I'd almost forgotten this one D

It was pretty good, but I think the chase scene was a bit too long. Also, I thought you might have been going for comedy, but this seems a bit more serious. I can't imagine both of them (or the regular cast) getting fooled by this 'Senshi are evil' story.

Still, I do look forward to Ranma and Ryoga reasonably kicking the ass of Sailor Moon n' Pals.
1,306 | « Prev Page 1 .. 70 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 .. Last Next »