Reviews for The Dark Lords of Nerima
Darth Malleus chapter 24 . 9/22/2012
Brought this up from my favourites section by chance and decided to begin reading it again. The story is just as epic now as when I first finished reading it nearly a year ago. The storytelling, style, characterisations and plot twists all equalled one of the best stories I have read in ages. This is definitely one fanfic which will continue on. Now off to read your two sequels, keep up the good work
Blinded in a bolthole chapter 24 . 8/6/2012
Famous last words... Awesome job btw
Blinded in a bolthole chapter 15 . 8/6/2012
If nothing else Genma sure knows how to Bullsh!t... can't stop laughing... ن
WanderingStarmaster chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
Just finished re-reading this. As enjoyable the second time as it was the first. That's a claim few can make.
S0ulEat3R-333 chapter 24 . 4/30/2012
This one cracked me up quite a lot.

The misunderstandings that led to this story are nicely played out, and believable too and extremely funny.

I just started hating Gosunkugi a lot now though... even though its his fault this great adven/fic was born, though its the author who wrote this, good job author!
Ashleythetiger chapter 24 . 4/28/2012
that was a nice read

one where the Senshi are not going boy crazy over Ranma an co

but told in a way that they not enemies... really

off to read part 2 i am
SirRealism chapter 24 . 4/24/2012
Loved it!
Ranmawho1 chapter 4 . 4/14/2012
You know, rereading this, I've got to say, the scenes with the keeper and her hounds were astoundingly heart-wrenching, bringing a touch of humanity and displaying an amount of love between beings in an otherwise heartless and cold race. I was moved, I really was.
chimmon chapter 24 . 4/12/2012
A great story, and a nice ending. If Ranma was smarter he would take some preventative measures to stop any more misunderstanding before they start. Of course he isn't, and he does have a point. At least he acknowledges what the most likely outcome would be.

Looking forward to more stories in this universe!
chimmon chapter 23 . 4/12/2012
I liked the wrap up, especially Mousse's and Kodachi's. Neither of them got as much development in the manga as some of the other characters, so introducing some more backstory for them will make them more well rounded and interesting characters.

Considering the nature of Ranma 1/2, I'm surprised that Beneda didn't become anyone's fiance. Not that I'm complaining mind you - it's just the expectation that I had of her character arc from the start. Having her be Dr. Tofu's apprentice is cool. The doctor himself is too powerful to actually use in most fights, but an apprentice of his could contribute at least as much as one of the other side characters.
chimmon chapter 21 . 4/12/2012
I was surprised and sad to see Lesp and Cortheia die. Their viewpoint was nice - having some friendship and naivety among yomi seemed to set them apart.
chimmon chapter 19 . 4/11/2012
I thought Mousse's fight ended very poetically. Mousse got his moment in the sun. I'm still hoping he uses his swan fist at some point, but a serious fight isn't the right time.
chimmon chapter 13 . 4/10/2012
Beneda's arc has finally come to fruition. Her heel-face turn wasn't surprising, but it was very gratifying to read. Redemption is a very nice theme when done right, and I think it was done excellently here.

Drawing on Ryouga's stubbornness and shame at being P-chan made his understanding and acceptance fit quite nicely. This is one thing that Ranma can't beat him at. Ranma's personality doesn't lend itself to making friends out of enemies like other protagonists.

I think a story is well written when you can look back at turning points and wonder how things could've played out differently (like Nabiki's blackmail instead of telling others about Beneda or Beneda's final confrontation w/ the Sailor Scouts or even her aiming at Jedditte). Doing so makes it feel like a situation with characters in it rather than scripted events.
chimmon chapter 12 . 4/10/2012
The three-way fight was great. I would've liked Beneda to have helped more. Her thoughts at helping were enough though.

Also, Dr. Tofu was amazing. I always liked his appearances in the manga. Unfortunately he wasn't very popular, but hopefully he'll get some screen time here.
chimmon chapter 3 . 4/9/2012
The outside perspective on Ryouga's unique path was great. Too bad he doesn't know the Shi Shi Hokodan yet since it's ultimate version would be great against multiple opponents. Of course that also would mean that he couldn't use it with Beneda around.
1,345 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 .. Last Next »