Reviews for An Innate Power
OliviaJane chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
Great story.
xrCalico23 chapter 1 . 7/29/2008
That was beautifully written. You know the characters really well, and you perfectly captured the essence of Jasper and Alice's relationship.
acirelemagne chapter 1 . 6/14/2008
Wow! That is the one of the best versions I have read on Jasper's reaction. So well thought out, really good emotion. This is really well written!
dsolo chapter 1 . 5/27/2008
Lovely. Really felt Jasper's POV.
Mizra chapter 1 . 4/25/2008
Very tender and sweet. It's not often we get to hear Jasper's POV and see his relationship to Alice. It's all very quite and intimate.

I love the fact that Jasper's character is both scholarly and miltaristic in nature. It's an interesting sort of combination and one that you seemed to have tapped into when writing this short piece.
XxLostinmyemotionsxX chapter 1 . 1/29/2008
That is so incredibly sad, but written so well.
JoeBob1379 chapter 1 . 1/23/2008
That was a wonderful insight into Jasper :)
Ranma15177 chapter 1 . 1/17/2008
I really love your portrayal of Jasper. I think of him and this is exactly what I see. An intellectual that has been given a burden that deals directly with his mastery over the things he cannot quantify or sort. We've never been given any ideas about Jasper's intuition on his beliefs, but they can't be positive considering how he lived for so long. "Believe" must be one of those six letter words. : )

Now...enough of me waxing poetic! You had four spots of bother in here.

"...novel that I was reading that not familiar with."

Should have the words "I was" in there: "...that I was not familiar with."

"What it would have done to you if I had given in?" is a statement. If you rearrange the verbage you get your question. "What would it have done to you if I had given in?"

"...and Bella if is what gives you the best friend that you never had, I’m not going to take that away from you." I think I know what you were trying to say here so I'll go from the direction I think you were headed in. "...and if Bella gives you the best friend you never had, I'm not..."

One more: "Love’s is too valuable of a gift to ever lose." You just repeated the word 'is' here. "Love's too valuable..." or "Love is too valuable..." Whatever you like best.

Stylistically I thought this rocked. I can't wait to read more of your writing. Thank you for a great story!

-Lauren
Ri Francis Walker chapter 1 . 1/14/2008
This is very good. I think it explains very well what Jasper is thinking. One thing though:

"but he did have another gift one that until tonight I didn’t think I possessed any longer."

I think a comma would go in between "gift" and "one" and there are a few more places like that that make you double-take. Other than that, I love it!
Mandi1 chapter 1 . 1/12/2008
There isn’t much to say other than I loved it. From Jasper’s remembrance of the bluebonnet-strewn simplicity of his human life to the troubles he faces every day – and especially this day – as a “vegetarian” vampire. I loved the dialogue, the descriptions, the feelings…need I go on more? Thank you for writing this.
MidnightWalking chapter 1 . 1/9/2008
That was very good. I especially liked the line "Love’s is too valuable of a gift to ever lose." If Jasper had really felt that way in the book, I wonder if he would have told that to Edward when he found out Edward was going to leave Bella. And if he would have told Edward that, I wonder what Edward's reply would have been. You have presented an interesting angle here that gives one thought; the whole idea about love being stronger than instinct. Thanks for the insight.
VictoriaOke chapter 1 . 12/28/2007
wow. I love this little fic. Awe- Jasper. :-)
amgi chapter 1 . 11/27/2007
by far the best fanfic of jasper i've read...u get him perfectly.. the way he loves alice, the way he feels about his thrist...wow...it was awesome..ur a great writter!
Jocelynn chapter 1 . 8/13/2007
This is an amazing fan fic! It is probably one of my favorite Twilight related ones! I love how you capture emotions using other things, like nature. My favorite lines are the ones about how in Forks there are always obstacles in the way, while in Texas the land is flat and open. I love that line! I think you write awesome fan fiction!

PS. In one of the early Forks-casts Alphie mentions that something cool was coming up in one of your fan fics. Is this the one?
WithEyesLikeSpace chapter 1 . 6/29/2007
Ah, that was so amazing. You captured Jasper's personality so perfectly. I could definitely hear him narrating this fic in a slow southern accent, which I happen to possess myself. It was too cute. You seem to be one of the most talented authors that I've discovered on this site. Keep up the amazing work.
35 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »