Reviews for Protect Her
MrsPeelWe'reNeeded chapter 1 . 2/8/2009
A great story. Very good.
Gaile2 chapter 1 . 9/23/2007
This is really good. I cried in the theater at this scene.

You don't have all the lines quite right and skipped a couple. Like what Davy says when he sees Will look at Liz before Jack shows up. "Ahh, Love. A dreadful bond. And yet so easily severed." Davy put his sword across Will throat. "Tell me William Turner do you fear death?" Then Jack comes and says. "Do you?"

But if you were going off what you knew from the theater it was good.
Sunrise Sets chapter 1 . 6/14/2007
Um...isn't this exactly what happened in the movie? Nothing original here. Too bad.
EarthGurdian chapter 1 . 6/4/2007
I know how you feel but I found out a few days ago that a part of the curse was missing in the movie. If Elizabeth is on the island waiting for Will after 10 years he will be free of the Dutchman. Calypso didn't wiat for Davy Jones so he had to remain captain for another 10 years or forever, I'm not sure which one. I hope that makes you feel better.

~EarthGurdian
Eternal Ending chapter 1 . 6/3/2007
not exactly how it went, but close. it'd have been cooler if you'd included all the funny lines too. like the fact the Barbosa kept trying to say, "You may kiss the bride" but only ever got too "You may kiss the-" before something attacked him. then eventally her said "just kiss." the part that killed me was way before yours, when will went bad.
magestic chapter 1 . 5/31/2007
wonderful, incredibly sad but great!

That part of the movie was so depressing, I couldn't believe they did that to Will, but as you've probably heard by now in previous reviews before mine, Will isn't actually dead he just has to be separated from Elizabeth for 10 long, painful years, apparently a scene after the credits stated this,

Anyhow, awesome fanfic! Love it!
Kisho Myst chapter 1 . 5/31/2007
but since elizabeth waited for him for ten years, he doesn't have to be the captain anymore :3
The Singer in White chapter 1 . 5/31/2007
Sweetie, he's not dead. He's the Captain of the Flying Dutchman. Yeah, he now has his heart in the fabled chest, but he's still walking and still breathing by the end of the movie, and even manages to consumate his marriage. The man's not dead, in the literal sense of the word. Figuratively, one could say that, but...there's a Willabeth scene after the credits. Go see the movie again.

Sorry if I sound cruel, but apparently not a lot of people on this fandom are getting this, and I'm getting sick of all of the Willabeth fics that are now popping up. (I'm a newly born Davy/Calypso fan) : )
MTVbabe11 chapter 1 . 5/31/2007
very nice
Crowned Lily chapter 1 . 5/31/2007
This is very good.

That part was so sad! I cried right there in the theater. And I teared up well reading this.

The person who reviewed before me is right. The curse will be broken after 10 years when Elizabeth is waiting for Will. You did see the thing after the credits right?

From Wikipedia

In a scene following the end credits, Elizabeth and her nine-year-old son, William I, eagerly await Will's return. A green flash, signaling that a soul has returned to Earth, is seen as the Flying Dutchman appears on the horizon. Will is sailing home to his family. The writers have allegedly stated that Elizabeth's fidelity to Will affected his curse, either lessening its strictness or removing it altogether, and apparently a "deleted scene" between Tia Dalma and Davy Jones explains this, but ultimately, there is nothing in the final version of the movie that substantiates this theory.
inactive01020304 chapter 1 . 5/30/2007
Pretty good! With your note at the end, it was actually a semi-happy ending. After the ten yers on the Dutchman, the curse is broken because Elizabeth is faithful and he trusts her. So he's free... After ten years.

I didn't actually get it when I watched it, but when I read it somewhere I was really happy with the ending.