Reviews for Destroyer of Worlds
Ailavyn Siniyash chapter 1 . 12/9/2013
I never read this, however much I fell in love with your other fic, because I'm not particularly fond of Eight-destroying-Gallifrey fic, especially due to how the content keeps on getting negated and contradicted by canon, but I finally got around to reading this today, and...

I was crying during the goodbyes scene, and everything was so perfect, and so true, and so sad, and so heartbreaking that I don't care if this is AU now, I don't care that it never actually happened. The speech was wonderful (in all your stories, you've always been so amazing at his speeches and various other bits of talkery), and the emotion inherent in it all was tangible. Lovely work.

-Aila
mavic chen chapter 1 . 5/3/2013
The new series hasn't mentioned Susan AT ALL. She was last seen on Earth. If fanfiction says she's dead, and that the Doctor killed her, then it's fanfiction saying that, not Doctor Who. The Doctor has never stopped Davros once and for all, but it's not for want of trying. Wait a minute, what about The Stolen Earth, where it said he tried to save him?
EmeraldWings90 chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
I love this... I don't really care that it was negated by The End Of Time. I loved that, too; but this here is the kindest possible version of the end of the Time War, and I think it's fantastic. I have to admit, though, even before knowing about The End Of Time, it never occured to me that the Time Lords made the decision together, that they had time to agree to it and cooperate. I always kind of imagined that it was a solitary and spur-of-the-moment decision on the Doctor's part, like all of his plans; that the had no time to explain it to anyone, that's why there were no survivors at all and why he did survive. In this situation that you wrote I find it a bit difficult to see how he could have survived alone; but I guess that's not really the point. Quite honestly, this made me cry, and I love it; especially this: "Who knew we could be so unselfish?" he whispered. "Romana...I think we might be heroes."
-Wings
librarywitch chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
Oh wow that was awesome
IreneHolmes chapter 1 . 7/22/2011
Every Doctor story you've written is brilliant, to be honest. I hope you continue to write like this!
anemix chapter 1 . 2/7/2011
That was a great and heartfelt story, though totally contradicting what canon later said happened to cause the Doctor to destroy the monstrous Time Lords and Daleks and other monstrosities at once. Keep writing!

(\/)

( . .)

c(")(")

BUNNY
tfn-fanficfan chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
i haven't seen any doctor who prior to Eccleston (my loss i'm sure) so i don't know much about anything that goes on except what i've picked up in the new series.

That said, this was an awesome peek into the end of the Time War. Of course now i want to see more of it...
Zankaru Zelladonii chapter 1 . 10/26/2010
***

This fic is so sad. Especially that line from susan, "You should have warned me.", I almost wanted to cry.

*ZZ*
BrevityGravity chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
And I could actually feel the Doctor's voice thundering across the crowds of Gallifrey- /"This is what we die for!/
WalkInEternity chapter 1 . 2/22/2010
Oh, this is powerful and moving and made me cry. I think that you captured the Doctor and other characters perfectly. This is a truly beautiful piece and is now definitely one of my favourites.

I like this version of events way more than what was revealed in the End of Time. This story works better in canon than what happened in EoT. I mean, I think that the Time Lords wouldn't have became what they did. I think that they would reacted like how you've written it, instead. (sorry for being vague, I just don't want to spoil End of Time for anyone who hasn't seen it yet).
BBQ Platypus chapter 1 . 11/18/2009
An excellent story. The Eighth Doctor plays an interesting role in Doctor Who's history - both in-universe and as a show. He marks a boundary between the classic series and the new one (at least, his novels and audio books do - all the TV movie does is suck).

Not only is this a great look at the end of the Time War, and an appropriate sendoff to the Time Lord civilization, it's also a touching retrospective on the show in general. Any story that touches off on either "The Dalek Invasion of Earth" AND "Genesis of the Daleks" (which each rank among the five finest moments in the history of the show) gets mad props from me. You talk about both of these moments in a very interesting and retrospective light.

In my opinion, this is every bit as good as "The Man With No Name / A Life Less Extraordinary," which was magnificent.
RavenWriter89 chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
Very powerful writing with this story. A good mixing of hope and dread, and goosebump-inducing bravery. I'm very unfamiliar with Classic Who except for what I pick up in other stories, but the characters were clear enough to reconize and the deep introspection feels right with each. Here's a fellow uni student telling to you to keep writing whenever you can. Love your works.
Kurleyhawk2 chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
Love it. Great speech. I
nightbug08 chapter 1 . 1/4/2009
I have seen all of one and a half episodes of any Doctor who shows, I didn't know he had a granddaughter or the name of his homeworld. I didn't even think about how old he must be until I read your Doctor Who, Firefly crossover. But that story and this one have let me peek into the Doctor without having to know all different faces he wore or all the people he's traveled with. Your imagery is beautiful and I can see the ships and people standing listening to him speak. I just hope that somewhere in the snowflake(Planetary thing, you might not get it)That the Doctor is real and the Time Lords were real and they really did do this breathtaking thing for the whole of creation.
Rupiah chapter 1 . 12/17/2008
aw...

I don't know the 8th doctor, so I just pictured the 10th...

I cried...