Reviews for Dear Diary, What's Wrong With Me?
Lauriena chapter 2 . 4/25/2010
*hugs* even though this happened years ago...
epalladino chapter 2 . 4/10/2009
Interesting story and all the more frightening because it really happened to your daughter. Thanks, Beth
Kardo10 chapter 2 . 2/16/2009
What a horrendous thing to have happened! Thank heavens for your intelligence in researching the problem and your determination to make someone take action on your deductions. I have no doubt that Margaret Eppes would have been just as resolute. Thank you for sharing this story.
PattyB chapter 2 . 1/29/2009
This story has kept its impact, Alice, and I've become angry once again. It's as effective now

as it was in '07. There is nothing that makes me more upset than incompetency in the medical profession.

Hopefully little Emily hasn't had any more narrow escapes and your other children are well too.

All the best to you and yours.
Ms.GrahamCracker chapter 2 . 1/28/2009
This is an amazing story, Alice. As a mother myself I was filled with dread and anger at the level of incompetency you and your child suffered. I'm glad your little one recovered and I wish you the best of luck in the writing competition.
tiinaj1 chapter 2 . 1/28/2009
Wow - great story (I'm sorry it happened to you & Emily though!) What is Margaret going to do about it? She should report them - although it probably wouldn't go anywhere since nothing happened (he didn't die or go into heart failure, etc). Do you have another chapter? tiinaj1
scc1fan chapter 2 . 1/27/2009
Oh Alice~

How heart-rending! Will be praying for your little one! And I do know what you mean about sometimes having to make the characters do and feel what you're feeling. I do that more often than I can say. Most of the time, those stories don't get posted, but I'm so glad you shared this with us.

We can feel so disconnected here - and I know physically there isn't anything I can do, but still - encouragement and moral support - you've got it!

Hope your little one gets better very, very soon!

Kas
Sarai chapter 2 . 1/27/2009
You should continue it. M is a lawyer, can you say law suit!
Sarai chapter 1 . 10/29/2007
Wow! Can you say law sute? How can an Emergency staff be so irresponsible?
Rhapsodista chapter 1 . 8/7/2007
I can't even imagine...

Put any uncertainties about your reactions aside. That's a horrible situation to go through, and there isn't a right and wrong response. Who says you have to be hysterical to prove that you care? And obviously, your clear thinking and love for your daughter made all the difference. Lucky that she had Mom looking out for her when the doctors failed to do so.

I hope that letting it out in one big painful shot helped a bit. I'm glad you did-what fantastic writing, as we've all come to expect from you by now. Thank you for sharing, and I'm so glad that Emily is okay.

Best,

Rhapsodista
dHALL chapter 1 . 6/11/2007
Boy, that Grammar Cop is a real ass.

What a heartless comment.

Alice, your stories are wonderful. I love beta reading your stories and I enjoy going back and re-reading it a second time after you post!

This wanna-be 'cop' is obviously someone who signed on just to leave nasty comments. It's kind of like SPAM...only there is only one unsolicited message (No bulk here, thank God).

Hum, better stop now. My attorney charges by the hour, you know.
Half Pint chapter 1 . 6/4/2007
I also don't usually leave reviews although I read many stories on I know I should be better at leaving reviews but it all boils down to a time issue. Jump on and read a story and then leave to do other things. This doesn't mean the stories aren't being read.

With that said, I also felt the need to respond to Grammar Cop's review. I was shocked and horrified at what she/he wrote. I have read Alice's stories and she doesn't include her children in every one of them, but even if she did who should care? If you don't like the story or the author then don't read it. I think it's obvious by now the type of stories authors around here will write about and if you are going to read them despite it being something you don't like then don't whine about it when you didn't enjoy the read.

May I also note that Grammar Cop obviously has no heart or compassion. The Author's Note mentioned this was based on personal experience. How anyone can chastise a mother's coping methods when she nearly lost her child is unfathomable to me. I lost my 65 year old father in March from cancer only 7 weeks after he was diagnosed. I went from everyone in my family being perfectly healty to all of a sudden going through a roller coaster ride then the death of my father. The healing process takes times. Taking advice from others I have found that writing has become a wonderful tool to help in that healing process. I hope Grammar Cop never goes through a traumatic experience and is looking for an outlet only to find cruelty by others.

~HP
wordsmith chapter 1 . 6/4/2007
I don't usually leave reviews because I am not a member here but I was so utterly astonished by what Grammar Cop wrote that I had to say something.

I have read all of Alice I's stories including her unfinished Harry Potter fiction. I have found her to be quite a good writer who handles emotions very well.

This particular piece was no exception to that, and when I read the author's note at the end and saw that this is an experience that she actually had with one of her children I could see clearly why the emotions came across so vividly.

I have only seen a child of hers referenced in one other story and that is only because she and the other author she is working with have come right out and said that the child in that story is based on one of Alice's kids.

I don't understand how Grammar Cop can say that Alice puts her kids into every story she writes when it is quite obvious that she doesn't. But what really struck me was how heartless that review was, given the fact that Alice just went through a very traumatic experience with one of her children.

That was a terrible thing for Grammar Cop to say and I for one would tell you, Alice, not to pay any attention to people like that. They are called trolls on interactive sites and are not welcomed by any.

You use the life experiences that you have had as inspiration to write your stories and that makes you a good writer. I personally enjoy reading your work and have said so over at Fan Rush.

Keep up the great work and I hope that your daughter Emily is feeling better soon.

wordsmith
Grammar Cop chapter 1 . 6/3/2007
Yet another story from you.

It would be nice if you would put a 'Mary Sue' warning on your fics. You seem to write your children into every one.

Thank you for being so diligent about spelling and grammar, however. Wouldn't want to add insult to injury.
Me chapter 1 . 6/1/2007
So sorry to hear about your scare, but I am glad Emily is on the mend. A distressing story to read. I know I get frustrated when doctors and nurses won't tell you exactly what's going on. Well written though.