Reviews for Forward Flashes
stefanie bean chapter 22 . 12/7/2016
This sounds so uncannily like the debate Jack had with respect to setting off Jughead and thus possibly causing a "reboot."

It also hearkens to the flash-sideways in Season 6, with the possibility of an alternate life or timeline (which is what it seemed to be during the first watch.) Also similar is the question of remembering one's "real" self.

Poor Hurley; you can just hear him jumping at the chance for a fresh start with Libby.

Statue with a phallus? Where's Mama Reyes? (just half-kidding.)
stefanie bean chapter 18 . 12/7/2016
Sawyer has an interesting and insightful take on "the triangle" (quadrangle, if you count Sayid.)

Also, Kate could have very well been pregnant from either "cage sex" or later sleeping with Sawyer in his tent.
stefanie bean chapter 9 . 12/7/2016
Maybe it's not cool to laugh at everybody's dire straits, but Sawyer's soliloquy had me rolling. I can hear it in his voice. Of course he'd use biblical language, and of course he'd be cynical about it.

The last line was brilliant, too.
stefanie bean chapter 6 . 12/6/2016
Oh, poor Hurley, a spoiled saint. Amazingly prescient, because the flash-sideways also characterized him as fundamentally sad and unsatisfied, despite all the money.

"[Money] couldn't buy the will of the truly pure..." Which is what Hurley had on the Island.
stefanie bean chapter 4 . 12/6/2016
Oh, this chapter is heartbreaking. Everybody's life has fallen apart since leaving the Island. Again, I'm amazed at how much is "right" here, even though written before Season 4.

"Sustenance and shelter and seed." Beautiful.
stefanie bean chapter 3 . 12/5/2016
Nice, concise take on what likely would happen to Kate on return to Los Angeles. Her internal monologues are good; I can "see" right into her state of mind.

Baby Huck was a surprise. Interesting that like Aaron, he's developmentally atypical. And the friendship (relationship?) with Sayid is introduced well.
stefanie bean chapter 2 . 12/4/2016
You're a wizard: you predicted Sayid and Nadia's marriage! I hadn't expected to see Nadia as a political activist, but it's a creative characterization.

You also uncannily caught the "great burden of the present secret," even if it's not quite the same as the show played out. But that the rescued Losties would labor under one: again, good call.
stefanie bean chapter 1 . 12/4/2016
I went looking for post-rescue fics, especially older ones written before the Oceanic Six rescue, and/or before the show ended. This one looked promising.

It has a strong opening: fresh, creative, and from Sawyer's point of view, which is a treat. He's in trouble again, too (not surprising, given that it's Sawyer.)

The closeness with Claire is nicely done. I liked this especially: "... When he would offer her a piece of fish or some freshly plucked fruit, when his hands were clean ... when they were extending something other than deceit."

Looking forward to seeing where it leads.
Lila chapter 15 . 6/28/2015
Thought this was pretty good until you killed Juliet! She was kind of a central character on the show, not to mention the one with THE most reason to get back home! Not a great decision.
SombraAlma chapter 24 . 10/5/2007
Just discovered this story, and loved it! It's probably the first completely plausible (as it were) explanation for the island that I've come across - and now, I'll probably be expecting this to be the 'real' explanation we receive on the show. I was wondering how this would be wrapped up - I love the short introduction of the Losties' descendants.
Dee Lee chapter 24 . 8/20/2007
Strange... but interesting. I liked it. :)
hobbits on the island chapter 24 . 8/19/2007
That was great. Too bad it's over. :(
I'm The Night Writer chapter 24 . 8/19/2007
OMGOMGOMGOMG! That was an awesome ending to one of the best Lost stories I have ever read! It was an awesome ride! You are a great writer! Keep on Writing!

Iron Anne Flint
FebruarySong chapter 24 . 8/19/2007
Woah. That wasn't quite what I expected, but a nice, warm, happy ending anyway. Will you be working more on Odyssey/etc now that this is finished, or will you still be on hiatus? Either way, I very much enjoyed this fic, thank you so much.
AllieSMG chapter 24 . 8/19/2007
Wow...I still don't quite get it, but that was strange, and interesting, and awesome. Great ending. You ended it abruptly, yet it didn't seem abrupt. Excellent story, Skylar.