Reviews for Ease My Heart
Thegreypoet chapter 1 . 6/20/2014
A sad sweet story. Not great, as the old stories are, with their glory and battles, but lovely.
Gimlifan8 chapter 1 . 12/18/2011
I had some dogs once, some pup, too.. I cried several months after each of their departure, and I'll never forget them. So I know very well what it feels like. And you wrote it perfectly! Very well done!
Chewiecotton chapter 1 . 3/4/2011
loved this story
TheFightingTemeraire chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
Ah, shoot. I cried. Makes me more than dread the day any of my dogs or cats should die. Ack, that was so sad. (
Elfique chapter 1 . 7/21/2008
Gosh that was beautiful! Being a huge dog lover and not one to cry all that often... I almost had tears in my eyes reading this! Really really excellent, you've got all the emotions spot on and it flows so nicely and the doggish character you've created is perfect!
lotrelves chapter 1 . 7/8/2007
Again wonderful. How do you do it? I will finish reading your stories tomorrow, as I'm quite tired. Good story!
Nettie84047 chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
I think a tissue warnging would have been nice.

One of the best things that you can write about is something that people can relate to. I don't think there is anyone that I know that hasn't been forced to go through the pain that comes with losing a beloved pet. I have two myself and I dread the day that I will have to say goodbye to them.

This was very nicely written and a good length for such a topic. Thank you for sharing and WELL DONE!
The Phoenician chapter 1 . 6/1/2007
I'm not sure if I reviewed your earlier story "I Am of the House of Earl," but I absolutely loved it, and I loved this one too. Makes me want to get my own wolfhound. If I ever do, I think I'm bound to name him Docga!
Elflingimp chapter 1 . 6/1/2007
Sob,I see if I can review while I'm crying,I had to put our dod Spuds to sleep awhile back because of old age and a stroke and it was just like a death in the family,but I am glad she got a new pup in the end.
PeppyPower chapter 1 . 6/1/2007
I just managed to read this again, NiRi, and I still can't stop crying. Oh, I am so sorry for Wimsey, she didn't tell me!

But I know exactely, how she must be feeling.

Four days ago, one of our older mares died. Nour el Gamra, that was her name, was already 38 years old, not bad for a thoroughbred, I guess. She had carried our village-kids thru the fields with great patience during the last few years and she seemed completely healthy that morning, when I visited the mares on their pasture.

One hour later, neighbours called and told us, one horse was flat on the ground and we hurried back to the pasture.

She was already gone. Our vet later told us that her body just shut down, being 38 years old.

But I couldn't stop crying, even if I was "happy" that she didn't die alone, she was with her fellow horses.

Oh man, this review sucks and I need more tissues now...

But how to seek comfort? She's been with us all my life.

Calenlass Greenleaf chapter 1 . 6/1/2007
It's hard to type when you have tears in your eyes.

She put her cat down? *sniff* Very sad.

It was a beautiful tale, my friend. :)

I need to read it again...