Reviews for Wild Card
Beijing Express chapter 1 . 8/16/2008
I'm sad that this story doesn't have more reviews, because it really is good! Not good - excellent, even. Kyle is so well in-character, and I loved your plot/idea for this short story. Awesome! :D

-Shana-san
DezoPenguin chapter 1 . 7/17/2007
*slap* Okay, Darknight, TELL people when you write stories, okay?

That being said, good stuff. I've got a strange and perverse affection for poker scenes in stories, particularly when it's the game itself that's the focus of the scene, not just when it's used as an excuse for action or intrigue. Your take on fantasy-world poker was faintly reminiscent of Robert Asprin's in "Little Myth Marker," but without the wacky rules; I like how the hero cards in Royals are actually based on the heroes of TSS (well, and Mel for the knight), and I like how you avoided the obvious gag of putting Kyle's picture on the bandit of herbs.

Kyle completely steals the show here, not just with his actions in story but because he's got the best lines (hair-care stuff...hee hee). And I like the end. It's realistic, in a weird sort of way, especially because I can't see Nash being the world's best Royals player. Mia, yes, but not Nash.

Good stuff, and well worth the read!
MadBrilliant1880 chapter 1 . 6/14/2007
very nice. inspired by the love of poker sweeping the world, i take it?