Reviews for Dues Paid
Morwen Tindomerel chapter 4 . 11/3/2008
Sounds like Derek's gotten a heck of a welcome to Ankh-Morpork. You do Pratchett's style very well, footnotes included. I do hope Angua doesn't turn out to be the girl...
tomai chapter 3 . 7/14/2007
I tried to think of one thing possible to say about this fiction, good or bad, that I didn't say last time. I can't. All the good things are here, none of the bad things. The story length to wait time ratio is a bit too small for me, but as a relatively unsavory fellow, I don't want to be hypocritical. Keep it up. Please?
Tiamat42 chapter 3 . 7/13/2007
Perhaps the dead dwarf's name was Plot Device. His death was a sad but neccessary occaision to facilitate the hero... well... antihero's movement from one city to another. Twas the hand of Fate that moved that axe. Though I've always suspected that Fate is blind and can't aim very well, so take it as you will.

Plot/character development is always such a hard balance to strike... I for one _like_ background material...but if you MUST move on with the plot...well, I'm not going to object to that either. :) Keep it up!
Tiamat42 chapter 1 . 7/11/2007
Looks great so far, I like the idea presented in your summary, but I can't say too much about how it's going until there's more. It's a good start though! Love the footnotes, and the Igor. It always takes me forever to figure out what they're saying in the books, and ditto for here... so... good job. ;)

Let's see...your grammar and style is good, only thing I found was where you put '20 miles'...it flows better if you write out numbers. I think, anyway.

Anyway...I'd like to see more! :)
tomai chapter 2 . 7/7/2007
How do I like this fanfic? Let me count the ways.

1) An original character, who though very new has the makings of something awesome.

2) That introduction was INGENIUS. End of story.

3) You got the Pratchettian feel down almost perfectly.

I await the next chapter with baited breath.
CandyMountainRocs chapter 2 . 6/30/2007
great chapter, i liked how you finished with the name change. update soon
chicken dumpling soup chapter 2 . 6/29/2007
This is excellent! I love how you added the footnotes (the best part of all the Discworld books). I didn't quite get that the (1) and (2)s were footnote marks, but I figured it out at the bottom of the page- I'll watch for those on the next chapter. I also really liked how you said old name- new name when he stepped out of the carriage, it makes a really nice contrast. Keep working on it, I can't wait to read more!
CandyMountainRocs chapter 1 . 6/26/2007
great so far, please update soon.
Big Cat chapter 1 . 6/3/2007
I just love the introduction. So masterly done! Good onja! In matter of fact the first lines made me continue reading the story. They are just a little masterpiece you should be very proud with. The rest is absolutely fabulous. Every single word is on its perfect place. Beautiful. The way you showed Dietrich's amuzement when he woke up in the Igor's 'hands' is very good. But my favourit here in this chapter is Igor himself. Very good dialogue. Absolutely well showed characters. Great chapter! Probably one of the best I've been reading on FF.

Good onya!