Reviews for Only Something In Me Understands
GendryMightBeComingBackSoon chapter 1 . 8/1/2008
A great story. I liked the part where Catherine was comforting Gil after Sara died.
blatfink chapter 1 . 7/26/2007
this story has been nominated:
csiAngel chapter 1 . 7/15/2007
Oh, this brought tears to my eyes. A beautifully written, moving fic. The tone and flow just seem perfect. Really well done.
CedarPineSpruce chapter 1 . 6/12/2007
Your writing is easy to read. And as I read, I stop seeing words and start seeing the events in my minds eye.

As I watched your story, I wondered if I missed the next part after the season's finale. I know I'm reading, the TV isn't on, and I feel confused. But I can't stop and figure this out, I have to continue, to know what comes next. I'm so enthralled with this story, that it takes minutes after I finish watching the last sentence, that I puzzle out what I've been seeing.

I, still under your spell, don't know how I'll adjust to the season premier in the fall. I want to come back in a week to watch the next episode. I want to tell you that the production values are excellent, I hear the crinkling of the florist's tissue paper. The squeak of the leather sofa, and the hum of the air purifier.

FoxyWombat chapter 1 . 6/3/2007
That was awesome! You did such a great job entwisting the canon of season 7 with Gil/Cath's friendship!
Gabiroba chapter 1 . 6/2/2007
this was nice, it would be a nice change to see Cath with different hair again, it seems as if she changes her hair at every season...and I really hope sara doesnt die, though it seems as if that is going to happen, f course if she doesnt die there willstill be GSR, and gr I hate that, guess I kinda hope your fic was part of the show to.
Sango2 chapter 1 . 6/2/2007
Nicely done. ;)
MKissa chapter 1 . 6/2/2007
I could just knock on your bedroom door and tell you how amazing this is, but its only 7:45 in the am, and from what I observe, you are still sleeping, so I shall write you a review.

Fantastic! I loved it!

Oh, and Sara is a GTW!
27dayz chapter 1 . 6/1/2007
Wow. I really liked it. It was really deep. You portrayed the csi's and their relationships perfectly. If Sara does die, i could see them dealling with it like this.
elite77 chapter 1 . 6/1/2007
That is one of the most powerful stories I've read in a very long time. Thank you so much!
lemonjelly chapter 1 . 6/1/2007
This is brilliant - excellent - it really is. I missed seeing as much good GCR on after the way Season 6 ended and stuff - and then I just missed seeing as much GCR on the site altogether. Less discerning reader, yknow. But this is such a fantastic piece.

There's a real sense of... I don't like, it's like the author's voice or whatever they call it in real literary terms. You sound really sure of yourself - your words and sentences are precise and well-crafted. They just seem really right. (Aside from typos, yknow - but understandable.)

I love the attention to detail - the garlic, the red hair, the stacked books. I love your use of the tenses - that's a major love for me right now, messing about with tenses. I'm impressed with how you managed to actually write a GCR following Living Doll, in which Sara /dies/ - but to actually not have the characters come off as Sara-hating 2D people. That must be a pretty big feat.

The descriptions of the strange kind of quiet grief that people have - not wanting to drink out of the mug of your dead lover - was perfect. I can't stand the deaths that are greeted with wild sobbing, when it's not necessary true to the character. The way you dealt with Grissom's grief, and Catherine's attempts to be sensitive yet strong about the whole thing...

You know what? Just all of it. All of it was amazing.