Reviews for A Skywalker by Any Other Name
Momo Spock chapter 6 . 12/28/2012
Cool :) I really liked the ending
kioku7 chapter 6 . 9/19/2012
This was absolutely fantastic! I couldn't stop myself from reading! I loved it!
Allicat9 chapter 2 . 9/15/2012
intresting
turbomagnus chapter 2 . 8/21/2012
The last few lines made me end up laughing so hard...

Oh, if only they knew how true that comment was...
Miss Mustang chapter 6 . 8/10/2012
Wow! This is incredible! The idea is unique and you write so well! Great story!
Jaina Liu chapter 6 . 8/6/2012
Fantastic story! I live the line and the conversation.
1sunfun chapter 6 . 5/2/2012
Nice, good, exciting, interesting, sad and original story.

CCAP
Setzrath chapter 6 . 2/24/2012
Lovely story.
Gohanzgirl chapter 6 . 12/29/2011
Absolutely loved this! Wonderful writing! I was moved by your writing!
SapphireMoonlight24 chapter 6 . 8/14/2011
Oh my, wow.

I finished reading this about 10 minutes ago and the tears are STILL in my eyes! To be perfectly honest, I cried nearly all the way through. Good job!

The way you wrote this was amazing; so deep and passionate...two things that a lot of "Anakin and Luke" stories lack.

I really loved the way you put an explanation to why Luke was so much calmer facing Vader in Return of the Jedi.

I really loved reading this and you should be really proud of what you've written and how you've written it: it's really too epic for words! You really do have a talent in writing! Thank you for writing this!
mousefiction chapter 6 . 6/13/2011
"Somehow, [Anakin] felt he was missing a vital clue, and his inability to put the pieces together was unsettling him greatly." Poor Anakin.

Okay! I got it, I think: Anakin figured out Luke was his son when Luke kissed him on the forehead. That has to be it. Right? What with Anakin hugging Luke "for all he was worth" and his parting words to him, the Force, Fate, and the stars bit. Oh well, I like how Anakin's discovery of Luke's relation to him is mysterious-it works wonderfully.

"Anakin moved back and framed Luke's face in his gloved hand. He began to walk back to his ship without turning, and it wasn't until his fingertips lost contact that he dropped his arm." That's a sweet image.

"An ocean of teardrops streamed down Anakin's face. His mind felt like it was collapsing into a black hole, bigger than the one surrounding him. He didn't want to think, he didn't want to feel. If he did, he would die just from the horror consuming his soul." Wah! That's so sad! Man, I couldn't imagine how painful it must be for Anakin (well, I can since you describe it so well, but you know what I mean). Poor guy- he discovers his son, only to realize how traumatized his son is by him in the future.

"May the Universe forgive me, for there can be no forgiveness for what I did. Anywhere. Anytime." "Oh, Force!" he exclaimed, wishing he'd cease to exist. "What will I do?" Yes, I really feel for Anakin right now.

"He had to leave the monster behind. But he couldn't." :(

I loved Anakin asking ObiWan for him, for Luke. So some part of Anakin does remember something.

"'I don't know. I feel as if... as if I had lost something. Something vital to me. As if I had lost the answer to all my prayers.'" Ah, poor Luke. At least his heart remembers.

"And now, he felt all soft inside. Even content." Hey! That's how I felt as reading this fic, lol.

Both of them reaching out and placing their hands on the glass was a nice touch.

"Self-sacrificing love." That is a beautiful way to lead into ROTJ.

Anyway, I truly loved and adored this well-written story, and I will return to it many times to reread :)

Also, I just want to say how much of a joy it's been to find a StarWars Luke and Vader story that's actually completed- I have found a lot on this site that have been abandoned. It happens, people lose inspiration, but it's really refreshing to find one that's not only finished, but that is actually good. So, yay for you on those points.

Also (again), thanks for giving me permission to draw that picture. I don't know how long it will take me (depending on whether it will be multiple panels or just one, and between studying for the GRE-really, its going to be hard studying when I could read all the stories on your profile...), but I assume you may want to see it once it's done? If so, I'll send you an anonymous review, probably in this story, once it's finished, since you have PMs disabled. If you don't want or don't desire to see the picture, then we don't have to worry about it. Thanks all the same, though :)

Anyway, again, great job on this story. I absolutely loved it! It made me feel all warm inside during some parts, and sad in others, but mainly I am left feeling very satisfied as a reader!

mousefiction chapter 5 . 6/13/2011
Well, what a surprise for Luke. (The hologram message was a good way for him to accidentally find out, by the way.) But, yeah- can you imagine? Stranded with a person whose kind enough to help you out and you actually enjoy each other's company, only to find out that the individual is actually your enemy (at least in the future). That the same person who was comforting Luke was the same one who cuts off his hand in the future. I think I'd just flop over and pass out, lol.

"All his preconceived ideas collapsed and lay scattered at his feet." "Luke broke out in a cold sweat at the realization of his own fallibility. At the realization of everyone's fallibility." I really like these lines, for the obvious philosophical reasons.

In any case, it's nice Luke got to see an image of his mother.

It was sweet and sad at the same time, when Luke muses about knowing he had been wanted by his father.

"'Is it supposed to make me feel better, knowing you were good before you turned? Was the knowledge supposed to comfort me? Well, it didn't. It only made it worse, because I'm looking at everything I always wanted to have, and never did. And all for what?'" :(

Aw at Anakin crushing Luke to him in a hug- that reminded me of a You Tube video someone showed me-"Cat mom hugs baby kitten."

And I love how this chapter shows the bloom of Luke's resolve to save his father.

"Anakin just nodded, feeling as if something was tearing apart inside him." Aw, man. I feel for Anakin. He knows, but doesn't at the same time. Of course, it's not going to be pretty once he realizes he's Luke's father, considering what he knows from Luke.

Anyway, another wonderful chapter!
mousefiction chapter 4 . 6/11/2011
"The picture of his beautiful wife brought a softness to his limbs. He couldn't help but think how much she would like Luke too. He didn't know how he knew. He just did." Nice.

I enjoyed how this chapter, at least at the beginning, was more oriented toward Anakin's perspective, and how he viewed Luke. It shows he knows something's going on, in a way, with him feeling like he should know Luke but also feeling like that didn't make much sense. The same goes for him feeling responsible for Luke's pain, but thinking that that would be "insane."

"An animal, barbaric scream left Luke's throat, and rushing forward, he ignited the lightsaber and pounced on the creature that was killing his friend." Yay! Luke comes to save the day! Looks like Luke's tapped into the Force's healing properties, as well.

Another "Yes, Dad" comment!

"Long, mechanical fingers crossed the short distance separating them and wiped away the tears on Luke's face with breathtaking tenderness." I'm totally getting warm fuzzies. It's like drinking homemade apple cider on a really cold day. :3

"But I guess you also have your own demons, as we all do." Luke, you have no idea. Well, I guess you kind of do, you just don't realize it yet.

"Maybe it was a subconscious bond between Force-sensitives." That's so close!

"How he had wrapped him in his arms and calmed him, rocking him as a parent would a scared child." It's fun when the reader is in on something big that the characters are, as of yet, not fully aware.

I liked Luke's musings about how Ani's name "fit," as it were.
Mousefiction-logged out chapter 3 . 6/11/2011
Wow, I totally failed that review for chapter three somehow by accidentally hitting enter one too many times. That's an epic fail on my part (I'd delete it if I could), so I'm going to have to try it again. (I am so LAME).

******************************************

With Anakin stating that he felt like he needed to help Luke, but didn't know why, it seems that they are operating at some sort of unconscious level, some sort of below awareness understanding of their relationship; I guess it's the Force working through them and their parent-child connection? But the Force is doing that without their realizing it. I like that idea a lot. It's very interesting and entertaining to read.

The unconscious awareness (oximoron, I guess, lol) is also very endearing. For example, Luke randomly asking Ani if he wanted to have children. Ani's answer is very sweet, by the way; to think that Luke's his most precious, little life is so sweet, yet somber at the same time, all things (such as him turning to the Dark Side)considering. And Ani comforting an emotionally cracking Luke was also very parental; I really loved that scene. I kind of want to draw it if you'd let me, but if not that's cool.

Really, this fic is so layered-it's awesome. Such as Ani telling Luke he'd kill whoever had delivered him such a physical and psychological blow, but /he's/ the one responsible for it. He's unknowingly threatening to kill himself.

Also, that's a nice touch you put in there, having Luke react to Anakin's "Impressive."

"'There's something very special about you, Luke,' Ani said out of the blue. 'Don't ever lose it, for many will come to depend on it, for their own salvation.'" That's a nice foreshadow to ROTJ.

Great job once again and sorry for messing up that signed review for chapter three -_-;;;...
mousefiction chapter 3 . 6/11/2011

The unconscious awareness (oximoron, I guess, lol) also very endearing. For example, Luke randomly asking Ani

173 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »